TotOP - Minor Arcana Method Discussion

Silverlotus

We're all finished the Major Arcana now. It took us a bit longer then I planned, what with life getting in the way and all. :) Now we are about to start the Minor Arcana. How should be go about it? The following suggestions have been made:
- one card at a time, just like the Majors
- one thread for all the Aces, Twos, Threes, etc. from all four suits
- one thread for each suit

I'm open to any other suggestions anyone may have.

Also, which order would you like to do the Minors in? Rods, Cauldrons, Swords, Pentacles? Rods, Swords, Cauldrons, Pentacles? Something else?

Please let me know your thoughts. I'll get the Minors started as soon as I hear some feedback (hopefully Monday?).

Moongold

I think a useful way to do it would be have separate threads for each level of every suit, For example have a look at all the Aces together. Of course, this presupposes that we agree on at least some commonalities,

Rachel Pollack uses this approach in the Complete Illustrated Guide to Tarot and it works well. She uses a simple numerology and Qabalah approach:

* Aces - Kether (Crown)
* Twos - Chokmah (Wisdom)
* Threes - Binah (Understanding
* Fours - Chesed (Love)
* Fives - Geburah (Judgment)
* Sixes - (Tiphreth (Beauty)
* Sevens - Netzach (Victory)
* Eights - Hod (Glory)
* Nines - Yesod (Foundation)
* Tens - Malkuth (Kingdom)

She does a very simple explanation of the numerology. For example:
The movement from one to two takes a giant step of awareness. One is absolutely unqualified. Two creates a partner and a reflection. Two takes us from principles to general experience - we see people doing something in the Waite and in the other decks. The Twos create duality and the possibility of opposition. They also open the way for relationships and dialogue.

Pollack does not go into the Qabalistic association at all in her discussion apart from lettiing the theme speak fot itself in the general discussion of each card. She has a section on the Qabalah earlier in the book.

Dpong it this way enables us to explore the commonalities and the differences of each level of each suit.

There may be other ways of doing this, and I too am interested in any way that can get us there :)

Mad Muttley

Minor Arcana Method Discussion

Hi MoonGold and Silverlotus....
I agree with going through the minor arcana by Aces, two's, three's and so on, and very much like the idea of discussing the numerology aspect as we work through them - our own as well as authors ideas.

MoonGold, I really liked the quote you pulled from Rachel Pollux book, on the number two.

Don't suppose you could add her ideas on numerology into the minors?.

MM.

Silverlotus

So, should we do all four at once on the same day, or one every other day? (In the same thread, of course.)

Moongold

Silverlotus,

One EVERY DAY??? Isn't there a speed limit in tarot land :D ??

Silverlotus

lol! I'm open to suggestions. :)