Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 295 : March 25 - March 31

DaughterOfDanu

I'm in with the Druidcraft and the Starchild

I'll be floating again with oracle decks. I have the Botanical Inspirations deck waiting to be opened on my birthday this weekend and want to revisit the Druid Plant/Animal oracles.

I did an awful job trimming my first copy of the Druidcraft so I finally got a fresh copy and will be trying it again this time with large scissors and more care

Scarlet Woodland

I'll be floating again with oracle decks. I have the Botanical Inspirations deck waiting to be opened on my birthday this weekend and want to revisit the Druid Plant/Animal oracles.

I did an awful job trimming my first copy of the Druidcraft so I finally got a fresh copy and will be trying it again this time with large scissors and more care

Oooh, which trim are you doing? It looks so good all three ways (well, 4 if you count untrimmed). I Have my beloved original as is, and a second one trimmed to the inner borders, titles on. Actually tempted to get a third and go the full monty for a travelling copy *blush*

AJ

use a cheap card deck to practice on, kind of a warm up exercise. You can get free ones if you have a card room in your area, or dollar ones at the cheap stores

I use my largest pair of scissors and just take my time. I love the decks I've trimmed.
You can also take them to a kinkos type place and they will trim them all at one time. I've never heard of a deck coming out perfectly. The reason they have borders is because printing isn't perfect and the image floats around rather than all the cards being identical.

DaughterOfDanu

use a cheap card deck to practice on, kind of a warm up exercise. You can get free ones if you have a card room in your area, or dollar ones at the cheap stores

I use my largest pair of scissors and just take my time. I love the decks I've trimmed.
You can also take them to a kinkos type place and they will trim them all at one time. I've never heard of a deck coming out perfectly. The reason they have borders is because printing isn't perfect and the image floats around rather than all the cards being identical.

Thank you! I think I'll be better off using a large pair of scissors than the slider type paper cutter I had used before. I'm actually looking forward to it because the trimmed druidcraft is just perfect. I wasn't aware that was the reason for borders :)

ETA I also have a copy of the Herbal Tarot and the Herbal Healing deck coming my way. Now I'm on a hiatus from deck buying until further notice :p

Rose Lalonde

I am happy to be the lucky caretaker of this little jem of a deck :)

Congrats, Carojulie! :D This really is a nice group and nice of Bodhiseed to offer.

Rose Lalonde

Thank you! I think I'll be better off using a large pair of scissors than the slider type paper cutter I had used before.

I'm better with scissors than slider for some reason too. Although I recently traded an oop deck that I had trimmed (I guess, I don't remember doing it) with scissors way back in my teens, and I'd freehanded the corners, so I had to warn the person beforehand that they were uneven. So bad how I treated a defenseless deck! I'm most proud of my trim of the Mary-el with fiskars and the Sunstar Kadomaru Corner Rounder. Nice, even corners. :)

BodhiSeed

One more giveaway for our DoW group :)

Okay, I've got one more deck I'm going to give away - the Roches Tarot :

http://www.rochestercitynewspaper.c...familiar-faces-and-spaces/Content?oid=2734438
by Jay Lincoln:
http://www.jaylincoln.com/#!blank/c1klo

I'll do a drawing as before, but you need to post QUICKLY for this one - I'm going to do the drawing late tomorrow afternoon (Sunday, EST) so I can get it in the mail on Monday. Take a peek at the link above and see if you want to toss your name in the pot. I'll list the names in this post below for those who are interested. And I'll pick up the postage costs (unless you live on another planet! :laugh:).

csmith0406 :)
Amberjune :)

csmith0406

Wow BodhiSeed, so generous of you! I would love that deck, if I can throw my name in. I've just recently been looking at Thoth-type decks, so perhaps this would inspire to keep learning. It looks amazing, and so unique.

csmith0406

Ok, I need to change mine. I just received the INCREDIBLE Tabula Mundi Tarot Colores Arcus (seriously so beautiful) I want to read with this deck all week. I haven't had much luck with Thoth before though so here's hoping I can make some progress this time.

I'm in with Spirit Speaks. This deck is a little puzzling to me, so I'm hoping this week will help me understand it better.

Green Faerie

Hi everyone! My apologies for the slightly late post. I will try to read this week with my beloved Victorian Fairy Tarot - I need to get back into the swing of things, and this deck is my favorite. :)