Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 296 : April 1 - April 7

MistyCheckers

I'm continuing with the Housewives Tarot.

ravenhawk82

Can you please sign me up. This week I'll be working with the Green witch tarot.

Scarlet Woodland

The Deviant Moon Tarot says it wants to play with me this week and the Dreams Of Gaia gave it the thumbs up :D That's two, big, meaty guidebooks to get stuck into on my week off :thumbsup:

Can already tell the DOGT is going to kick my arse, in the best possible way. First reading was spot on. Don't think it's going to be one for the practical, nitty gritty of life though so DM to the rescue.

Dogs&Coffee

Jumping on the train!

Working with Commemorative RWS for the class I'm taking, but I'll likely sneak a few others in there, Also working with Spirit De La Lune and trying my hand at lenormand this week...

VGimlet

Welcome ravenhawk82! Relax, enjoy the water. :)

You are going to have a fun week Scarlet Woodland, those are two very interesting decks.

I'd forgotten how pretty the Victorian Romantic was. I might have to balance it with something a bit darker down the road, though, LOL.

VGimlet

Just saw Ballerina's post so I added her too. :cool2:

Do you guys think I should go back to posting a link to the new thread for the DOTW at the "end" of the old thread? It was no big deal, I just stopped doing it for some reason I can't remember.

Of course it's not really the end, we are the no rules group, in theory the old thread could go on forever, heh.

Rose Lalonde

Liber T (and Tabula Mundi)

When I picked Liber T up on the trade train, I only knew it added unusual imagery to the Thoth minors, but thanks to reading Scion's work yesterday, I now get that a lot is pulled from decan descriptions in Liber Hermetica, Picatrix, etc. I would've been scratching my head without that help!

The art in my every-week deck, Tabula Mundi, is also inspired most obviously by astrology, but in TM, decans decide which majors will be reflected in the art of a minor, and which minors show up on courts.

I didn't get into the Thoth and later TM out of any love of astrology, even though it's central to them. I'm most interested in the way they deal with the Tree of Life and the idea that all things are actually one. Really Tarot of the Sephiroth, whose art highlights Kabbalah more than astrology, should be my favorite. But the symbolism and interaction between majors and minors in TM keeps it #1 for me.

Ballerina

Thank you VGimlet!

Scarlet Woodland

Welcome ravenhawk82! Relax, enjoy the water. :)

You are going to have a fun week Scarlet Woodland, those are two very interesting decks.

I'd forgotten how pretty the Victorian Romantic was. I might have to balance it with something a bit darker down the road, though, LOL.

That's one word for them :D

I still haven't found quite the right deck to balance out the VR... BG & Alice come closest (obviously) but they're both so wonderful I end up neglecting poor VR. *Pets VR fondly*

_Teal_

I'd like to join, too! I'm going to spend my week using the Epic Tarot from Lo Scarabeo. It focuses on the connection to the divine and the individual in in connection to the world and I'm excited to see what it has to say in daily readings.