The Celtic Tarot - Julian de Burgh

daphne

I found rather few remarks about this deck here. I wonder why is so less popular...
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/celtic-2/

Is anybody else using it?

I, myself, really love his soft beautiful colors.

Pity I don`t have too many threads to read about it. :) So I make one.

autumn star

daphne said:
I found rather few remarks about this deck here. I wonder why is so less popular...
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/celtic-2/

Is anybody else using it?

I, myself, really love his soft beautiful colors.

Pity I don`t have too many threads to read about it. :) So I make one.

I have this deck and I am quite fond of it. It's not one of my favourite decks but I do like it and I find that the stories and myths that go with the cards are really helpful to their interpretation. I really enjoyed getting to know the myths :)

I also like the soft, water colours, and some of the artwork is really gorgeous - The 5 of Swords card has always been my favourite because it is related to my favourite celtic myth from way before I got the deck.

The only downside to this deck that I have found is that the cards don't contain much symbolism or details especially the court cards. I think that this would be ok for someone who liked simplicity in a deck rather than lots of imagery and details.

Overall though, I like the artwork and the colours and the simplicity does have it's own charm and appeal.

Muir Aingeal

This deck is out of print now but it's my favorite. There is nothing elaborate about this deck, no flashy colors, no spectacular backs etc but I like it's simplicity and it shuffles softly.

KariRoad

Mary Guinan

daphne said:
I myself, really love his soft beautiful colors.
Mary Guinan is the Artist, and you are right, the colors are beautiful :)

daphne

Aha, so just because the pictures on the cards are too simple this deck is not so much used...Strange, I found it quite expressive, without knowing anything about the legends behind.

For some reason it is really appealing to me and now I realize the strange fact that I don`t need the symbols so much, but more to be really fond of the art itself.

G6

LOVE IT! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

I'm a fan of the Celtic/Norse tarot genre. I just got Julian De Burgh's Celtic Tarot and I'm loving it! This is a GREAT deck! Size is perfect, cardstock is nice and easy to shuffle, the pale yellow card backs and celtic design are also very nice and easy on the eyes. I'm also not sure why this deck is not very popular, but it's now OOP, so I don't assume that will change unless another edition becomes available.

Beanfeasa

I have it since it was released, (2000/01ish). I bought it in House of Astrology, on Parliment Street, Dublin where Julian used to read out of. It's a tattoo parlour now. I love it, it's so worn, it's gotten so soft, it's like satin. I live were some of these stories are based, it's energy feels like home to me, my local clients love it to, for obvious reasons.
I wish st Martin press would reissue it, I'd happily buy another copy.

Oops it's random house not st martins press

FLizarraga

There are several Celtic Tarots around, including this beauty, so it probably just got lost in the shuffle. It is a lovely deck, though. Another one for the wish list! It never ends! :)

G6

I have it since it was released, (2000/01ish). I bought it in House of Astrology, on Parliment Street, Dublin where Julian used to read out of. It's a tattoo parlour now. I love it, it's so worn, it's gotten so soft, it's like satin. I live were some of these stories are based, it's energy feels like home to me, my local clients love it to, for obvious reasons.
I wish st Martin press would reissue it, I'd happily buy another copy.

That's so cool that you live near some of the scenes! ๐Ÿ˜Ž What a good excuse to visit Dublin! ๐Ÿ˜Š They did a perfect job on this deck especially design and cardstock quality. If they do print it again I hope they change NOTHING! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜Š

G6

There are several Celtic Tarots around, including this beauty, so it probably just got lost in the shuffle. It is a lovely deck, though. Another one for the wish list! It never ends! :)

I have two copies of Celtic Tarot (Davis) and I love that deck too. The minors in De Burgh's Celtic are scenes vs. pips, but I enjoy them both for different reasons. Good decks! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป