Mel's Old Fashioned Pips & Courts and Homemade Baked Goods

Bernice

Mel, where've you gone?

Bee :)

SolSionnach

{knock knock knock}

Do we have to find the wolf to blow your house down? ;)

flying black kat

Melanchollic I miss reading your posts. Where have you gone? I hope you come back soon.

Be at Peace.

Kathy

cardlady22

the other 3 Fives?

I'm going to get a bit fanciful and make 3 "star-shaped" pastries. It's the light & flaky kind; each one has a unique fruit filling:
apple and raisin- with a caramelized brown sugar topping
strawberry & cream cheese
Boston creme- with that delicious chocolate coating on top!

Melanchollic

Fret not pastry lovers. I'll be back to it soon. I've just been trying to get my moneys worth on my 'season pass' at a local ski slope before all the snow has gone 'sayonara', and refinishing an antique 'secretary' desk, and work on a short story, and planning a summer 'dream vacation' to Walt Disney World in Florida for girlfriend who's dream is to visit every Disney park IN THE WORLD. We did California Resort at Christmas. Luckily I'm a Disney-geek myself. If not, posing with every single character in the parks could get old quick! (Except for Belle from Beauty and the Beast of course. Being a total beast, she does something rather primal for me. :D )

Melanchollic

Better Late than Never

Righty-right! Enough of indulging in frivolous nonsense like work, relationships, (and skiing) and back to the truly important things in life - PIPS AND PASTRIES!! :D

Melanchollic

5 of Cups

5 OF CUPS

Nickname - "Proposal"
Element - Air/Air
Temper - Sanguine
Power - Hot/Wet
Timing - Fast/Short
Movement - Separating/Flexible
Direction - East
In the cycle of a year - April
In the cycle of a day - Dawn
In the cycle of a life - Age 0~7
Sex - Male
Similar Cards - 9 Cups, 3 Cups, Knight Cups

The Pentad (5) is the male "marriage number", which is the active aspect of the 5/6 pairing. (The 5 can be seen as Mercury/Hermes and the 6 can be seen as Venus/Aphrodite. The "marriage numbers" bind together and form the classical hermaphrodite, a new entity that functions as a single force.)

The 5 of Cups shows us an active attempt at union. It is the proposal. The flexibility of Air's wet aspects works to make this card willing to follow the Pentad's desire at union. The power of Heat however limits it's duration. The energy here is fast and short. The 5 of Cups can merely represent the desire for bonding and making relationships and has no power to guarantee this proposal or any resulting union will be long lasting or successful.

flying black kat

Dear Mel:

Thank you for comming back to those who have missed you.

I hope you and your girlfriend had a fanstic time so far this year.

I have missed reading your posts nad learning from you.

Have a great night, fanstic tomorrow and a very profitable week.

Kathy

Melanchollic

5 of Coins

5 OF COINS

Nickname - "Diplomacy"
Element - Air/Water
Temper - Sanguine Phlegmatic
Power - Wet
Timing - Short
Movement - Flexible
Direction - Northeast
In the cycle of a year - February/March
In the cycle of a day - Late Night
In the cycle of a life - Age 70~Death
Sex - Female
Similar Cards - 9 Coins, 3 Coins, Knight Coins, 8 Cups, 6 Cups, 2 of Cups, Queen Cups

The combination of Air/Water share the Moist Power. This makes the 5 of Coins fluid, flexible, accommodating and empathetic. The Pentad is the mean between all simple numbers -

1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

fig. 1

It is also like the center of a scale within the simple numbers.

..................................................l
...................................2...3...4... 5 ...6...7...8...
................................l....................................l
................................l....................................l

.............................____...............................____

fig. 2

The Pentad also is the center figure on the Tetractys:

fig. 3

The desire of the Pentad for balance and union combine with the flexibility of the Moist Power to make the 5 of Coins "diplomacy". In an empathetic, understanding way it strives to bring about unions, bonds and agreements. This 5 is adept at striking a balance between two parties (fig.2) or several parties (fig. 1 & 3) with equal finesse.

Melanchollic

flying black kat said:
Dear Mel:

Thank you for comming back to those who have missed you.

I hope you and your girlfriend had a fanstic time so far this year.

I have missed reading your posts nad learning from you.

Have a great night, fanstic tomorrow and a very profitable week.

Kathy

Thank you.. Thank you.. Good to be back. :)

Hopefully I won't have any distractions this time a'round. At least till we make it through to the Kings.