Timing - Fast
Movement - Separating
Direction - Southeast
In the cycle of a year - May/June
In the cycle of a day - Late Morning
In the cycle of a life - Age 7~14
Sex - Male
Similar Cards - 1 Cups, King Cups, Knight Swords, 9 Swords, 5 Swords, 3 Swords

The 7 of Cups overflows with creative energy. The Airy Cups are emblematic of pleasures, entertainments, and the Arts. The Heptad gathers and focuses the cluster of influences that proceeds it, and propels them into the ascent toward the 10. With the 7 of Cups we find spontaneous inspirations and innovative new approaches to things. The Hot Power of the Choleric Sanguine strikes like lightning, so make note of these sudden passing ideas, for they may just as easily be forgotten.

Being the "second Monad," these flashes of insight may relate to the Ace of Cups, the Divine Oneness. The Heptad, while dwelling in the material realm, shares qualities of the One, thus awakens the Soul's memory of its spiritual home. By being like the Monad, a second Monad, the Heptad remembers and desires to ascend and reunite with the Divine.

Bernice

Many thanks Mel!

Bee :)

flying black kat

Thank you so much, Mel. I really do appreciate all the things I have learned from and because of you.

Be at Peace

Kathy

Sinduction

I wanted to post my thanks as well. I read but stay silent. :D

Melanchollic

desert_web2.jpg

p...p..pastry.... m..must have pastry.....

SolSionnach

LOL.

I have a friend who is a pastry chef; thank heavens she lives about 900 miles away...

Thanks for all you do, Mel. Ab-fab-awesome. :)

cardlady22

the poor man is fainting . . .

Let's see now. All four Sixes and two of the Sevens. What can we give to bring up those low sugar levels?

pumpkin bread with cream cheese icing (as a quick fix)

a pound cake made with Georgia peaches and Schnapps

baklava

I'm running out of ideas!

Melanchollic

7 of Coins

7 OF COINS

Nickname - "Resourcefulness"
Element - Fire/Water
Temper - Choleric Phlegmatic
Power - all
Timing - random
Movement - random
Direction - North South axis
In the cycle of a year — none
In the cycle of a day — none
In the cycle of a life — none
Sex - both
Similar Cards - 2 Swords, 6 Swords, 8 Swords, Queen Swords, 1 Coins, King Coins

The Coins are Water, and the Heptad (7) is Fire. Again, all four contradictory Powers are present. The Heptad is the perfect number to harness these contradictions.

From The Theology of Arithmetic:

"It is called 'forager', because its structure has been collected and gathered together in a manner resembling unity, since it is altogether indissoluble, except into something which has the same denominator as itself, or because all things have brought their natural results to completion by its agency..."

The Heptad gathers together all the random energies generated thus far (1 ~6) and forges them into a new unity, a concentrated energy that enables the Decad to reach its natural completion.

With this in mind, we can see the 7 of Coins as the frugal pioneer housewife. She wastes nothing. The 7 of Coins takes all that has come before and finds a use. It is cost-effective, efficient, frugal, meager, methodical, practical, thrifty, and above all resourceful. It gathers together any and all scraps and puts them to a purpose.

Beyond the 'economical,' the card suggests doing the most with what we have, be it corn husks, pig intestines, or our talents and abilities.

As the Coins move away from the Ace, they gradually become less dignified, and more 'gray'. The 7 of Coins may show some aspects of manipulation, someone "using their resources," namely other people, to reach their ends.

Melanchollic

7 of Batons

7 OF BATONS

Nickname - "The Noble Burden"
Element - Earth/Fire
Temper - Melancholic Choleric
Power - Dry
Timing - Long
Movement - Rigid
Direction - Southwest
In the cycle of a year - August/September
In the cycle of a day - Afternoon
In the cycle of a life - Age 21~28
Sex - Male
Similar Cards - 4 Swords, 10 Swords, Valet Swords, 1 Batons, King of Batons

The Fire of the Heptad, and the Earth of the Batons share the Power of Dryness. This Power is rigid and long of duration. Iamblichus says of the Heptad;

"Moreover, the hebdomad seems to be an acropolis, as it were, and a 'strong fortification' within the decad, just like an invisible monad. For it alone admits no breath, since it is a rectilinear number and admits only a fractional part with the same denominator as itself; and, by mingling with any of the numbers within the decad, it does not produce any numbers within the decad, nor is it produced by the intercourse of any of the numbers within the decad, but, with a principle which is all its own and is not shared, it has been assigned the most critical place."

The Pythagoreans said that the Heptad is not similar to the other numbers and that the Creator God made it an instrument of his most authoritative limb, hence it is an object of reverence.

The Dry Power of the 7 of Batons manifests this particular aspect of the Heptad. Dissimilar to the others, placed at the crucial point in the Decad, the 7 labors alone. The whole of the cycle is in its trust. This is its great burden. Like the Ace of Batons ("Obsession"), it is rigid and enduring in it's labor. It differs in that its purpose is not limited to itself. The 7 of Batons labors for the All. It is both noble and tragic.

This card can reflect a situation where one must endure for a greater purpose, or carry the responsibilities and burden for a group or project. It may also suggests that such endeavors should be taken with a 'dry' stoicism, and not for gain, recognition, or thanks.

Cactus Dahlia

Thanks Mel. I head for your thread each time I visit AT to see what more goodies you have for us. :)

I have brought you sweet, succulent New Zealand roast lamb baked until it is falling off the bone and dressed with home made gravy. Also golden roast potatoes, the most perfect pumpkin - slightly dry with toffee skin, New Zealand red kumaras (sweet potatoes) baked until they melt in your mouth and fresh peas straight from the garden. Enjoy!