Mel's Old Fashioned Pips & Courts and Homemade Baked Goods

SolSionnach

Bernice said:
Now, WHY didn't I do that! ...... (opens Word and starts shuffling things around...)

Will let you know when I've posted my diagrams. (Four pages, one for each suit).

Bee :)
Yeah, it's quite a bit of work (!!!), but well worth it. I can't tell you how much I've already printed out and scribbled on (the Astrological thread and the Tirage en Croix thread, for starters) - I practically have a *textbook*.

BTW, you have an urgent PM from me... :)

cardlady22

Thanks for sharing those, Bee!

I can't print anything out right now. But I've got it all in a folder on my PC and on a flash drive.

Melanchollic

Great job Bee. I love the way you did the double borders. :)

It's late over here, and I must be "out of it" 'cause I sat there looking at your diagram thinking, "Why does she have the 8 of Batons assigned to Venus, and the 7 to Mars??" I felt pretty stupid when it hit me. :D

SolSionnach

Beautiful!
Downloaded, not yet printed out. :) :)

Bernice

I asked someone for a 'test' question using this 3-card layout. But he just wanted a general reading, so I changed the question to;

"What aspect of this persons life should be addressed?"

Querent:......1#...5 Swords (Assassin)
Quesited:....2#...5 Batons (Fragile Balance)
Interaction:..3#...Ace Cups (Divine Oneness)

(? ! ?). I interpreted this as:
The querent is in the process of surreptitiously attempting to tip-the-scales in a delicate situation.The interaction card suggests that he is doing it in very postive way, most likely to completely reconcile all differences.

The querents response was, "Yes, I suppose you could put it that way", and went on to ask if the cards suggested anything further in that area. (so.... another spread etc. which I won't go into here).

Is this how you would have tackled the request for a 'general' reading?

Melanchollic

Bernice said:
I asked someone for a 'test' question using this 3-card layout. But he just wanted a general reading, so I changed the question to;

"What aspect of this persons life should be addressed?"

Querent:......1#...5 Swords (Assassin)
Quesited:....2#...5 Batons (Fragile Balance)
Interaction:..3#...Ace Cups (Divine Oneness)

(? ! ?). I interpreted this as:
The querent is in the process of surreptitiously attempting to tip-the-scales in a delicate situation.The interaction card suggests that he is doing it in very postive way, most likely to completely reconcile all differences.

Nice judgement. Fits well to how you've phrased it. :love:

Bernice said:
Is this how you would have tackled the request for a 'general' reading?

I probably would have done a different spread :eek:, but let's say that was not an option.

I might view the positions as

Card #1 - The querent's current general state.

Card #2 - The knowable external circumstances in his life.

Card #3 - The unseen 'celestial' influences in his life.

I'm not a big fan of the 'general reading', and I usually ask the querent to phrase their questions as "yes/no questions". Tarot is a predictive art. Any single card could mean a hundred different things. Making the querent articulate what they really want to know, makes a huge difference in the results. If we follow the school of thought that says it is the sincere desire to know that makes divination possible, then the querent who doesn't really want to know something, the case for most general reading requester, simple isn't generating enough 'psychic energy' to cause the Gods to bother giving them an answer. Most of us will want to reinterpret that last sentence in Jungian terms. ;)

If forced to do a "general reading', I'm obviously put in a position of giving a generalized answer,

"Overall 'the Gods' smile on you (A Cups), but yet you labor to keep it all together (5 Batons). It looks like the problem is you. Being more open, honest, and less aggressive (5 Swords) might work better for you."

Sometimes 'tough love' is the way forward. :D If I can, of course, I like to give them a solution.

When 'bad cards' show up, like here. Where do we find the solution? Any ideas?

I'll throw a couple out, but first, how about some coffee and cake?

Cactus Dahlia

Bernice said:
My diagrams for the pips+courts:

http://tazmaria.multiply.com/photos/album/5/Mels_Old_fashioned_System

At-a-glance Pips & Courts. They are sketchy, but can downloaded and modified - whatever :)

Wow Bee! You've done a fantastic job with your really handy reference sheets of Mel's work. Thank you. I have truly been blessed finding this thread. :)

To Mel, Bee, sravana and all the rest of you that have been so willing to share your intellect and hard work I give another great big THANK YOU. I would like to add my two cents, but I'm just a novice here and really can't find anything to add. I'm slowly working my way through all this great material. May be I'll be able to give some input later.

Anyway, for the present I have done some more baking for you all ... A lovely light sandwich banana cake with lemon icing and filled with fresh whipped cream and sliced fresh bananas. You're going to need a fork for this one. :laugh:

Melanchollic

Cactus Dahlia said:
Anyway, for the present I have done some more baking for you all ... A lovely light sandwich banana cake with lemon icing and filled with fresh whipped cream and sliced fresh bananas. You're going to need a fork for this one. :laugh:

[size=+2]I'm ready...[/size]

fork.jpg

Bernice

Mel: If forced to do a "general reading', I'm obviously put in a position of giving a generalized answer,

[1]"Overall 'the Gods' smile on you (A Cups), but yet you labor to keep it all together (5 Batons). It looks like the problem is you. Being more open, honest, and less aggressive (5 Swords) might work better for you."

Yep! Afterwards, when I thought about it (those crappy dignities) I wondered if the querent was being a BAD guy - who was going to get his way, very easily!

So because of this I decided to try and pin down the dignities.

I know Mel has posted the dignities/values, but there must be something wrong with me (NO - don't agree!) because I have trouble taking it in at a glance. So for others like me - if any exist - I've done a diagram.

Because the 'dignity' arrangement can be divided up in various ways, I'm hoping Mel will clarify or correct it :)

http://tazmaria.multiply.com/photos/album/5#5

Dahlia - I've got my fork ready too! Sounds really delicious... if I ever win the lottery (I want the MILLIONS!), gonna visit you and just eat, and eat, and eat! In fact IF it's millions, we'll all come and visit - let the lottery pay for everything.....

I can dream if I want to.