Mel's Old Fashioned Pips & Courts and Homemade Baked Goods

Bernice

Harking back to the 'dots' post;
Mel: For the pips, just imagine how you'd feel if someone handed you one of the implements -

Someone hands you a Sword - "THIS IS SPARTAAAAAA!"

Someone hands you a Staff - "Only 40 acres to go..."

Someone hands you some money - "I think I'll splurge on the bigger chicken tonight."

Someone hands you a Cup - "Ah, lovely. Cheers!"

Now whether the card is passive or active, that's where those dots may come in handy.
So, does this mean you will incorporate some dots (or tiny 'whatevers') for the active/passive cards?
Do say YES (and mean it....).

Calling all artists with a desire to help create a real historical deck - HALLOOOO! Please post here.

Bee :)

P.S. What about Polo Sticks instead of those great clumbsy batons? (The sort that cavemen bash their sweethearts with).

Melanchollic

Bernice said:
Harking back to the 'dots' post;

So, does this mean you will incorporate some dots (or tiny 'whatevers') for the active/passive cards?

Interesting idea! :heart: How would one go about 'marking' a pip or court to determine if it was active/passive/neutral, without making it so overt that folks that don't follow my 'old-fashioned' interpretations wouldn't be put off by it?

Anyone?

Bernice

Mel: How would one go about 'marking' a pip or court to determine if it was active/passive/neutral, without making it so overt that folks that don't follow my 'old-fashioned' interpretations wouldn't be put off by it?
I was thinking about that. What if you were to include them in the little decorations in the minors ?

Little balls (round things) for the Neutral. Little open-petalled flowers for Active. Little oblong buds for Passive. Poke 'em in with the bits of greenery.

Or, something along those lines?

You could even colour them for the elements that we're using. (But please, not RWS again...)

prudence

I created a Wheel of Fortune card for a collaborative deck a few months back and went looking for info on Fortuna....so I ended up looking at her Greek sculptures (when she was called Tyche) and her rudder was going to be part of the image I created, but I sadly ran out of space....I am pleased to see you are planning on using it in yours. It needs to be part of her gig, imo. :thumbsup:

Bernice

Prudence, are you admitting that you can draw/paint? You're an artist?

prudence

Oh, no not at all...my style is much more cartoon-y than Etruria-y. It was just a collaborative deck...nothing official. :)

Bernice

Oh. Shame.... I was hoping one of us could do something artistic. I have created a couple of decks, but I'm not exactly an artist.

Melanchollic

prudence said:
I created a Wheel of Fortune card for a collaborative deck a few months back and went looking for info on Fortuna....so I ended up looking at her Greek sculptures (when she was called Tyche) and her rudder was going to be part of the image I created, but I sadly ran out of space....I am pleased to see you are planning on using it in yours. It needs to be part of her gig, imo. :thumbsup:

Excellent. I'm glad I'm not the only one around here who sees nothing odd about a lady standing there holding a big ship's rudder. :D

NOTE - I've finally finished all the numbers, 1 ~ 10 on post #269 of this thread.

I've got one more 'episode' of "Why Mel, Why?" on the Element/Number connection to finish and post (within the week), and that should finish it up here.

So, anybody interested in participating in a Reading thread using this set of meanings?

Bernice

OKAY! A full account of all the numbers = wonderful, and all in one place. Just the finishing touches to come. :)

Readings:
Righto. Lets go for it. Using the 3-card, Subject - Quesited - Interaction (top centre)?

AND, if/when we get more easily familiar with the card associations, what about using these card meanings with the Cross and the Astro spreads?

Thank you Mel.

prudence

Mel, I am interested in a reading thread using this method.

Just let us know, we'll be there. :)