Zan and BC's Excellent Thoth Adventure: Crowley Biographies

Aeon418

ravenest said:
Oh? Actually I have a large collection of books, that I DID buy ... and I am quiet generous at loaning them ... but .... NOT TO YOU! :laugh:
That's ok. I don't read Silver RavenWolf anyway. :laugh:

Aeon418

ravenest said:
Crowley as prophet of Evil AND 9/11 ???! Gosh, I'd read that. Now I know why he sticks his thumbs up the side of his head ... twin Towers! There! ya cant argue with that!
I bet it's a complete load of crap based on AL III:71
Hail! ye twin warriors about the pillars of the world! for your time is nigh at hand.
And then there will be some number coincidences like 93, 11, 9, and 77.

Ohhhhh.... spooky. Not! :rolleyes:

Aeon418

Received my copy of, The Drug and Other Stories by Aleister Crowley today. Quite an interesting selection of stories. Some of them are quite surprising when you consider this is a mass market paperback for a general audience. I'm not quite sure what your average reader will make of something like, The Wake World (with qabalistic footnotes! :laugh:).

This bit in David Tibet's foreword caught my eye.
Crowley used his short stories as a medium of entertainment, but wrote both himself and his evolving belief system into them on many levels. As with all of his writing, one way of looking at these tales is as manifestations of a continual autobiography. The stories thus resonate on several levels, from that of pure entertainment, to those of self-promotion and occult instruction. The author was no stranger to problems with censorship; one can well imagine that if this collection had been published during his lifetime, it would have been damned by the yellow press. The collapse of the moral and political order of the hypocritical imperium of Christendom was one he enthusiastically sought and, in foreseeing this and so much else that is manifest in the world around us and its masks, he was a prophet.

Lela

On Youtube - In Search Of The Great Beast

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I came across this 13-part documentary on Youtube Aleister Crowley - In Search Of The Great Beast. Thought some here might enjoy watching this if they haven't already seen it. :D

Aeon418

No it hasn't been posted before, Lela. But it is the same documentary that isthmus nekoi and I were talking about earlier in this thread. It's more or less the John Symonds biography (caveat emptor!) turned into a 2 hour tv doc.

Some of the "staged interviews" are awful. You get the feeling that each one should have ended, "and I barely escaped with my life". :laugh:

Lela

I only watched part 1 so far, being that last night when I found it online, it was very late. However, I did get the impression that the gentleman who plays Crowley seems a bit too polite for the role somehow, lol!. None the less, I will watch the rest out of curiosity. :)