Tarot of the Origins

WonderGuy

i don't have this one yet...does seem like a "raw" deck, very interesting... more of a "first reaction" kind of deck.

WonderGuy

i will be getting this deck next week (fingers crossed) but it's not coming with a LWB so if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it. it seems like a very intense deck. it may be coming at a perfect time for me.
thanks,

WonderGuy

i spoke too soon, someone outbid me with a few hours to go. :(

2_Journey

RiccardoLS said:
It always had abysmal sales, and it was not RWS-structured.
However, in my opinion, it was one of the best LS decks ever done.

I'm sorry to hear it had abysmal sales, though I can understand why; it isn't an easy right-out-of-the-box type of deck.

It is also one of my favorite LS decks. I love the imagery in the majors and the raw feel of the minors. I bought this deck when it was still in print, and it's one of the few decks I've bought on the strength of the box alone - I could tell just from looking at the small pictures on the box that the deck was a powerful one.

I have only it a couple of times, though. The minors have an entire different feel to them from any I've ever experienced before. Sort of like you have to surrender yourself to the deck and to that hidden part of your mind that it speaks to if you want to use the deck properly.

I like what you say about nature. In this deck, the humans feel like a part of nature. They are not trying to be in harmony with nature, they are a part of it.

manandcards

Artwork by Sergio Toppi

The deck is OOP since a while back, so this is not any kind of advertisment.
It always had abysmal sales, and it was not RWS-structured.
However, in my opinion, it was one of the best LS decks ever done.

Anyone has it (or had it), and want to share an opinion on it?

ric

I'm reviving an old thread as I'm an old friend of the deck coming back to pick up my cards. I'm a little sad to know it had abysmal sales.

It's one of my favourite decks because of that primal energy. I'm looking forward to trying it again.

Seeing this post made me really happy I have two copies.

Rose Lalonde

What mostly I feel about it is the fact that it allows me to access some raw emotions. They are not passionate, or strong or extreme... not anymore tha any other emotion I usually find. They are raw, unadultered, *wild* ... [snipped]

In the Origins, Nature feels different... man is just one of its races, not the master in any way. The journey has just begun and the destination has not already been decided. And yes, Nature may be frighting, should be frightining! (I sort of realized today that I don't like all these decks portraying us the Divine in a confortable form)

Ric

Well said. Thank you, Ric.

Tarot of the Origins was my main reading deck for many years, and I'm grateful LoS published it. I started reading with it shortly after my mother died, and its raw energy, wild nature and life and death struggles made it one of the few decks that felt right for me. Now I read with a variety of decks, but if I could only keep one, it would be this one, even though my life has been a lot more calm and settled lately.

Le Fanu

I rate this deck. I know it's an unusual, difficult deck and that decks like this should be published. I now have it. I didn't have a copy when this thread first came about.

But it is difficult for me. I try. Quite regularly, but it really is a very difficult deck for me to read. I haven't given up on it yet though! There's a time for every deck!

aquestionmark

I recently was able to purchase this deck and can say that the energy of the cards is unlike any other deck I have. It's too bad this deck did not catch on while it was in print.

stellar4

Well done for finding yourself a copy of this fantastic deck! I'm still amazed that it didnt sell brilliantly when it came out, it is an absolute gem.

mad as a hatter

I bought the deck in November 2005 (I'm looking at the Amazon.com listing) when it was still in print. It's in my collection somewhere. I was drawn by the powerful artwork.

Now, I see the lowest price on Amazon is $299. Apparently, there's some demand for this deck.

I found it difficult to read with, and it never became one of my favorites. I'm going to dig it out and try again. Maybe after these years my reaction will be different.