Preference for cards? Anyone use playing cards?

Heloise

Hi (I'm new by the way)

I love Tarot cards and I've always used them, mainly because the artwork appeals to me, but when I"m reading for someone for some reason I find playing cards easier to use - even though I don't know much about them - does anyone else use them ( I know this is a Tarot forum...)

firecatpickles

I read with playing cards when I am at work. I ask questions about students I need to know about.

I am also toying with some of the cards having "Major Arcana" attributes. Recently, it was noted for instance that 4 :club: is known as "Devil's Bedpost," much like "The Tower."

See http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=73210

Umbrae

I think of the playing cards as similar to the minors.

And yes, I've used them quite often for reading face-to-face for strangers.

But if you feel you need those majors...that's when I pull out my runes.

Runes and playing cards...great mix. Playing cards alone - good stuff. Powerful readings sans tarot majors.

intothemusic

i use italian playing cards and have never seen such accuracy.

EarthFaery

Reading playing cards come in handy when playing poker! Has anyone else tried this before? It sounds crazy, but we play poker just about every friday night, I don't play often, but I observe, I know what my husband is going to do before he does! It doesn't help as far as cheating to win the pot, but they will tell you who will stay in, who will go out, and who is most likely to win the hand.