DRUIDCRAFT Study Group: Princess of Cups

inanna_tarot

I love this card... one very lovely friend of mine sees me in this card (and i'm very honoured by that!) and for Imbolc this lovely friend gave me a beaded little ornament. Its only till today when reading this thread I wonder if my friend was adding bits to me so I look more like the Princess of Cups.
So for me I look at the beaded thread and think of precious friendship, of simple creativity and the love that was used to make something.
I remember in Lord of the Rings how the Company asked the Elves why everything they made was so beautiful. It was because they make everything from a place of love and honouring all of what is nature, of the process the plants grew, the animals the materials came from. Understanding the inheriant magic of life and honouring that in crafting things was what made every cloak, bow, arrow etc have an energy of its own coz its own 'story' was honoured and admired. So thats what I think about this ornament and that adds to the Princess of Cups for me. A love of the story, a love of the materials and creativity is what makes her so special. Thats why shes so intune with the scene, because of this love.
The muddy brown of her cloak is gorgeous as the watery part of earth is mud. Glorious mud where the frogs bathe, those amphibious creatures that go from land to water, so her pose is like a frog sitting on a lily pad for an afternoon nap before the sun fades away and it air turns chilly.
The red of her dress is like a crimson leaf thats fallen from the tree, which will soon be covered in mud and impacted deep into the earth, to nurture and feed the tree during the winter.

At the foreground I see the spring - again another symbol for me of the Princesses and their association with Brighid for me. The healing waters, the gentle nourishing energy of floating in water. It makes me think of how people go to expensive spas for a good mud bath to feel rejunivated.... and I see this Princess doing that every day lol.

The tree - I feel is Coll - hazel. The tree from which the nuts fall into pools and feed the salmon of wisdom. Hazel is also the tree of Ogma, the God of the Ogham, so divination and seeing within are part of Her energy to me. But I could be wrong, but thats what I like to 'feel' here :)

Willow Huntermoon

Sulis said:
Hi Majecot,

Still not had time to dig out my journal and have a look but I remember writing some thoughts about that beaded cord. I thought it reminded me of some sort of prayer beads similar to a rosary - obviously since this is a pagan deck it's not a rosary but it could be some sort of meditation aid.

Sulis xx

This is a beautiful serene Autumn scene, I do see the tree spirt that reminds us that all things are living. The Princess of Cups reminds me of a priestess in training sent out to perform some task. I found a reference to the beads here http://www.sacredgrove.com/1 druid devotion prayer beads.htm they are Druid prayer beads the colours and poem found at this link is beautiful and ties in wonderfuly to the card. I love the earthy feeling that the Princess of Cups gives me, almost transending.

Willow Huntermoon ;)

Disa

Unfortunately the link to the reference to the Druid Prayer beads is not working for me.

I didn't think when I first saw the beaded strand that it was a feather on the end, though it's so small I can't make out what it actually is. It reminds me of a tiny pine cone. I did wonder, however, if perhaps this strand is something she might use as a pendulum as she goes on her way and has questions.

The face in the tree reminded me of the profile of a Lion's head. A little reminder of the strength that can be gained from having inner peace. This card seems to radiate inner peace and love.