Mary EL Tarot is finished!

OOnaOwl

I just discovered this deck & I am SO excited to get a copy! So gorgeous & wonderful!

irmata

Oh, it's wonderful that this is moving along and we might soon be able to hold the magic in our hands! I miss the inclusion of the card descriptions from the old site, though.

KafkasGhost

Seriously. The thought of it makes me hyperventilate.

Celice

I'm so stoked about this deck, and also sign me up for a borderless version :D I hope she makes one!

I'm also glad it will be self-published. This is such a special deck and it deserves special treatment.

zephyr_heart

Just know this one.

Beautiful and surreal imagery, this deck is.

zan_chan

I quite like the borders. They seem to give the images some depth and remind a viewer that he's looking at tarot rather than just some pretty paintings. I think if there's a choice, I'll go for the border.

OctoberGwen

zan_chan said:
I quite like the borders. They seem to give the images some depth and remind a viewer that he's looking at tarot rather than just some pretty paintings. I think if there's a choice, I'll go for the border.
I'm usually a borderless person, but in this case I would actually get both bordered and borderless if given the opportunity. I quite liked the wings.

Altena

I agree with OctoberGwen here. Given the possibility I'd easily buy one copy with borders and one without. If I absolutely had to choose one of them I would probably get it with the borders. The Egyptian style is just my cup of tea, I love the choice of letters, they're subtle and don't take up too much space. And like Zan noted, the borders give the cards that nice tarot-feel.

strings of life

The borders have grown on me and are not intrusive, so I'll just have to order both. I do like the detailing for the titles.

Debra

The titles seem out of character for the images. The font is lovely, but she ahd to squish the words and numbers to fit between the "wings," which look like clip-art. I hope she reworks them.