Would the Magician make a good husband?

Alex

Moongold

I think it's sometimes a good idea to differentiate between two ways of looking at the cards: as representing people and qualities of people, or as representing aspects of one's psyche.

Obviously both can match in description pretty close, even though the levels aree different. With this card, unfortunately, I have found the "psychological" approach to greatly differ from the "typological".

If I'm making sense here

Alex.

Lady Mary

Magician/Queen of Swords

I think the Queen of Swords could be the Magicians true mate. I see her as a very independent, clever and attractive (but surely not the common model type) woman. She’d know her man and her sharp mind would attract him. And he’s the sort of man who’d be able to break the ice and bring forward the sensuous woman in her. She can let him be the center of attraction, as she prefers knowledge to being on a stage. She wouldn’t be frightened by other women, as she’s way too smart for the usual jealousness. In my opinion they’re a most exciting and successful couple.

lunalafey

rofl

thread Q: "If you just happen to run into a Magician type man, what can you possibly expect of such a relationship? What kind of woman would attract and fascinate him?"

simply put, IMO, he is a 'make it or break it' kind of guy

my s/o has coyote medicine, the tickster....just last week (1st, new, Origins deck) he did 3- 3 card readings, each time the 3rd card was the Magician. This was NOT due to poor shuffling.
but even before this, I called him Magician because of the Coyote med & his self-sabotaging nature, BUT....he is a creator, no project is started & left undone.....they are always start to finish....

VARIOUS QUOTES:

I think the woman able to live with a man like that, would have to be Empress her self.
She's my Soul/Personality card

Depends what you're looking for.
He'd make a great handy-man. Would never have to call in a plumber or an electrician again. Imagine all the money you'll save on bills.
Being an independent kind of guy, he'd probably leave you to be pretty independent yourself

YES! it does depend on what you're looking for & who YOU are.
my guy fixes stuff & builds stuff. He's a Jack of all trades & master of none- except COOKING....who else in the Majors would be a chef?
Idependent....the above statement rings SO true, but I attribute this to both of us being Capricorn......

The Magician is the guy with the $60 haircuts
he is AWFUL!!!!- no hair cuts for him, but he's got champagne taste, even before looking at a price tag

here's where we got the biggest kick
I'm married to a Magician--happily and successfully. If they're a little more conscientious, they can be faithful and even thoughtful.
me too, sorta (no 'rings')
I'm feeling pretty happy with this one & I think this is it.

You have to love seeing him in the spotlight--because that's where he'll be. Always. There's no stopping him from being the center of attention at parties. So you have a choice, be his partner in the spotlight (Queen of Wands), or be his partner behind the scenes helping him to secretly work the tricks (High Priestess).
His goal, make a movie (has a few written, but they are not 'quite right' for production yet) & take Hollywood by suprise (this was one of his Q's for the 3 card reading, magician in future position)
Many see me as the QoW, but I also have that Lunar aspect about me. He says he wants to put me behind the camera, says I have a good eye for it....together we have started a screenplay of a mysterious genere.

On the plus side, when you're alone together, he'll always entertain you.......You have to love hearing him talk. He'll dominate the conversation.
he never shuts-up!!!....I have to glare at him when he interupts, he listens VERY well after that

this is hitting the nail on the head
the Magician always gets star treatment at restaurants, always gets free drinks from bartenders.
male & female bartenders both give him freebies. Packed, reservations full resturaunt? wander in, sit at the bar, get a free drink & before they are 1/2 way finished, there's a table for two.

You can't be threatened by his flirtations--and he is going to flirt. He'll charm, woo, and befriend other women. But I don't think the Magician is always the kind of guy Diviner Guy describes--he can be faithful if you're his real partner, the one he relies on. But he's still going to have women sighing over him, coming back stage to see him, and try to seduce him. Pointless to get worked up about it.
&
She can let him be the center of attraction, as she prefers knowledge to being on a stage. She wouldn’t be frightened by other women, as she’s way too smart for the usual jealousness. In my opinion they’re a most exciting and successful couple.

Again, ya' have to be the right partner. It's not his fault that he's a people magnet. I trust him fully! He is comitted to me as well.
To add to the nature of the magician in a relationship, sticky issues are communicated right away because he can't hold it in. This is wonderful

I think the Queen of Swords could be the Magicians true mate. I see her as a very independent, clever and attractive (but surely not the common model type) woman. She’d know her man and her sharp mind would attract him. And he’s the sort of man who’d be able to break the ice and bring forward the sensuous woman in her......SO true! I noticed him, but it was he who made the first move. He took a long time (weeks), he was unsure about a bartender (me), but when he did get me to talk with him, it was all over!

the most absurd, fortunate, synchronistic things happen to him.
sounds like how we met & the events leading up to it! On a fool-like whim, added to his nomadic ways (his soul/per is chariot) He happened to land here in my humble part of the world. He had prayed for 'me' (I wished for him right around the same time).....he asked that 'it to be made obvious' I blew the poor boys mind!!!! the 'signs' where so big.....LOL...I still giggle at the memory of him circle-pacing, trying to absorb what he had just found & experienced.

Umbrae

Perhaps it depends on the size of the wand...

Thirteen

Re: Magician/Queen of Swords

Lady Mary said:
I think the Queen of Swords could be the Magicians true mate. I see her as a very independent, clever and attractive... her sharp mind would attract him. And he?s the sort of man who?d be able to break the ice and bring forward the sensuous woman in her.

I have two reasons for thinking the Queen of Swords wouldn't work with the Magician:

(1) She's independent and clever--and not amused. How many Magicians do you know who are going to like having a wife who analyes and critiques every trick--instead of clapping their hands and smiling? If the Magician shows off a trick to the Queen of Swords, she'll say, as he does it, "Okay, now you've now put that coin up your sleeve and you're trying to make me look over there. I'm sure that'll amaze a lot of stupid people. Can we just stop this? I've better things to do."

And how long is she going to put up with his hot air ideas? She's going to poke holes in every one. "That's nice dear, here's what's wrong with it/Here's why it won't work." If he doesn't get tired of her, SHE will surely get tired of him. She's NOT a woman who likes little boys--epecially when they should be acting like reasonable adult men. That's why the Queen of Wands works instead--she likes the warm air breathing on her, keeping her flames going.

2) The Queen of Swords is going to get awfully tired--and very angry at him dominating the conversation. SHE likes to talk. She has all these theories and ideas--and their SOLID, based on science and reason. How long is she going to put up with this guy's "charm" upstaging her, stealing the conversation from her, undercutting what she has to say--likely even getting people to laugh at her when she want to be taken seriously?

isthmus nekoi

Hm... queen of swords won't be entertained by the magician for very long, unless she is repressing her swordsy nature. I can't see them happily married for the long term. I can see them doing the crossword together - they'd finish it in a snap and use pens.

Moongold - the Vertigo magician is a geek w/an obsession w/the divine. He doesn't bother to fetishize the d&d world and skips right to the hard core ^_~ V's Magician is heavily linked to the Hermit and the Hanged Man.

darwinia

Re: Queen of Wands/High Priestess

Thirteen said:
That's why the Queen of Swords is a no-go by the way. She'll see through his tricks easy enough--but she won't be charmed by them.

Priceless, I give you a gold sword, this is SO exactly right.

Been there, been there.

J. Q of S

Thirteen

Originally posted by isthmus nekoi Hm... queen of swords won't be entertained by the magician for very long, unless she is repressing her swordsy nature. I can't see them happily married for the long term. I can see them doing the crossword together - they'd finish it in a snap and use pens.

LOL! Too right! I think the thing we have to remember is that we're talking about is a "Good Husband," a life partner. Remember, the Magician is always in the spotlight--and how can that be good for the Queen of Swords? Q/S is a woman with her own career to consider. Imagine an important talk she's giving--husband in the audience to support her? Nope. Magician is out entertaining friends. Imagine a dinner in her honor. Husband hogs the conversation, entertaining everyone, and suddenly it's his dinner--not hers! Imagine her introducing him to her respected and important collegues--and him saying, "Dr. Einstein! I've got this great idea for this invention, and if you'd just put your name to it, I know it'd sell...."

She'd die of embarassment. The Queen of Swords might be brainy enough for the Magician, but she's much too adult. She'll always be asking him why he isn't doing something serious with his talent, and he'll always be telling her to lighten up.

darwinia

Thirteen said:
The Queen of Swords might be brainy enough for the Magician, but she's much too adult. She'll always be asking him why he isn't doing something serious with his talent, and he'll always be telling her to lighten up.

I hate to comment superfluously, but this is priceless too. It was EXACTLY my experience with a Magician. Spot on, we would have strangled each other had we continued on the path.

Lighten up isn't in my vocabulary. ;-0))

Thirteen

freesiaskye said:
I hate to comment superfluously, but this is priceless too. It was EXACTLY my experience with a Magician. Spot on, we would have strangled each other had we continued on the path.

Lighten up isn't in my vocabulary. ;-0))

I take it this makes you a regal Queen of Swords?