Jolanda Study Group - Two of Wands

Alan Ross

This card shows two men dressed as jesters who appear to be locked in a power struggle. The keyword "Kraftmatning" translates to "Showdown." The jester costumes tells me that these two may be behaving rather foolishly. However, they are both obviously determined to prevail and unwilling to back down. With the crossed staves and the lightning flashes, this card is overflowing with martial energy.

The critter in the foreground looks like a hedgehog to me. I googled hedgehog symbolism and came up with, among other things, energy, vitality, protection, and resourcefulness. The prickly hedgehog seems indicative of the prickly personalities of this card's two combatants.

Alan

Guiding Cauldron

Jolanda- 2 wands

I get the impression of two people dealing over a prickly situation. One seems to be attacking and one seems to be defending with heart. I get the impression the prickly situation isnt terminal but just a situation thats a "bump in the road" so to speak and can be dealt with and overcome sufficently before moving ahead.

Sztar

So happy that this study group has been revived as I just recently acquired this outstanding deck! I posted much of the text below on a different thread recently before I found the Jolanda group. Here's my take on the 2W, which is much in line with the original comments:

In the Thoth-based system, 2W means "Dominion." In the Jolanda deck, there are two court jesters battling it out with two staffs and a large hedgehog in the foreground. Therefore, this card indicates a battle between two opposing forces or two spirited people or two competing ideas, inspiring a lot of tension--battling for dominance.

In the context of this deck, which has some strange (albeit interesting) symbolism, I take the court jesters to be a suggestion that maybe the opposition is not as serious as it first appears. I take the hedgehog as a suggestion that the situation may be "prickly" or that maybe you should activate your defenses. (Context is everything.)

The idea of two forces coming together to battle it out for dominance (or perhaps even combine forces--they're both jesters after all!) rings very true to me.

rylla

I take the hedgehog as a suggestion that the situation may be "prickly" or that maybe you should activate your defenses. (Context is everything.)

I agree.
Also:"When a hedgehog animal totem toddles across your path, you can interpret it as a reminder to be strong and true to yourself. "
This resonates well with the 2 of wands or this card's advice.