Kissatarot - Keywords

Kissa

Hi,

considering that this deck is in Finnish, i thought i'd translate the keywords on the Minor Arcana for those interested.

Maljat = Cups

Maljojen Ässä = Ace of Cups
2 = Love
3 = Abundance
4 = Luxury
5 = Disappointment
6 = Satisfaction
7 = Desire
8 = Exhaustion
9 = Happiness
10 = Fulfillment

Prinsessa : Princess
Kuningatar : Queen
Prinssi : Prince
Ritari : Knight

Miekat = Swords

Miekkojen Ässä = Ace of Swords
2 = Peace
3 = Sorrow
4 = Truce
5 = Defeat
6 = Knowledge
7 = Frustration
8 = Disturbance
9 = Harshness
10 = Doom

Sauvat = Wands

Sauvojen Ässä = Ace of Wands
2 = Dominion
3 = Virtue
4 = Completion
5 = Struggle
6 = Victory
7 = Courage
8 = Rapidity
9 = Fortitude
10 = Rejection

Lantit = Pentacles

Lanttien Ässä = Ace of Pentacles
2 = Change
3 = Activity
4 = Power
5 = Worry
6 = Prosperity
7 = Failure
8 = Prudence
9 = Achievement
10 = Wealth

The companion book by Christina Freija gives a lot of insight on the cards. It includes a "What the cat has to say" and "Mirri meditioi" (="Pussy meditates", advice to meditate) section for every card.
Due to copyright issues, i cannot obviously translate and write longer extracts of the book here. I need to check with the publisher what we can do about it. I was thinking, maybe i can translate the Pussy meditation sections to start with.

Attachments

• Kissatarot_Keywords.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 341
  • kissatarot_box.pdf
    126.4 KB · Views: 313
  • kissatarot_235px.jpg
    kissatarot_235px.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 246

Genna

Thank you ever so much for your translation!! :) It will be a great help when I start reading with the deck. Shouldn´t we form a studygroup for this deck too?
I, for one, would love that.

Kanon

Thanks a lot Kissa!! You're the best :love:.

Aulruna

Thanks Kissa!! I had started on them by using a web dictionary, but it was tough going.

Great service :D

SilentBreeze

Thanks so much for the translation!

lunakasha

THANK YOU so much (((((Kissa))))) :heart:

I am loving my Kissatarot, and having the keywords in English will make it so much easier to read with and enjoy this deck.

:) Luna

Xarokys

Thanks, Kissa.

This is very helpful.

Kissa

I added 3 attachment files to the first post of this thread.

First file is a Word doc with keywords supposed to be a LWB if you print it, fold it, cut it, whatever.

Second file is a b&w scan of the box, maybe it could become the cover of your homemade LWB.

Third file is a picture from the net, a colour picture of the Strength card with the name of the deck and its author.

Maybe someone with gifted little hands will be able to turn these things into a LWB :)

nisaba

Kissa said:
and "Mirri meditioi" (="Pussy meditates", advice to meditate) section for every card..... maybe i can translate the Pussy meditation sections to start with.
Thank you for the keywords.

As an aside, I understand that English is not your first language. Now, I'm not sure whether it's Australian-only or spread throughout the whole English-speaking world, but "pussy" is a slang term for ... well ... a female body-part. For the comfort of your readers, you may want to translate the term as "kitty" or "puss". Really. It will make a big difference to the readability of your text.

strings of life

Thanks for this Kissa. I just did my first reading with Kissatarot and was amazed at how well it reads. There is so much symbolism in the cards. They really get to the point in a soft way, but a direct one as well.

I wasn't sure about the ordering of the Court Cards, but have now gotten clarification about it (thanks Chiska :love:) and the relation to the Thoth system.