Legacy of the Divine Tarot - 7 of Swords

13WildMoons

7 of Swords

Sassyjackal said:
okay 13WildMoons, let's get this party started! Pick a card.

o.k. here we go...

I'll start with the card that has a tendency to perplex me the most. The 7 of swords.

With my Aquarian deck, depending on the reading, I would interpret it as:

deception

seeing something that is wanted but one has enough of already (greed)

But with the Legacy deck now I'm sometimes seeing it as the guy coming in and other times he sneaking out. I've also interpreted it as:

going back in to get something forgotten but depending on the surrounding cards it is something that should be left behind - or not

seeing something that one already has enough of so is willing to leave the rest behind

PAMUYA

7 of Swords-image of card attached

I learned tarot from the Rider/Waite deck, one of the main differences that I also noticed was the man is sneaking into, not out of the scene. Is he coming back for more, or is this the first time? He is breaking in, there is deception here. Will the bird alarm others of his presence, did he plan well or acted out of impluse? The wind is at his back, blowing in the leaves, rusling the curtains, not very stealthy.

It is a seven, knowledge of structures, discipline, introspection..
It is a sword-air, conflicts, mental energy, communications

Is this man taking action? But he is doing it in darkness, behind your back, and by himself. Not the proper way to end a conflict, or resolve a problem.

This is telling me that your actions have consequences and you should think long and hard before you act on impluse. Time to plan, have discipline, will power and use your intellect in your decisions. Depception is not the beast way to win. At his time you may find your whole ethical system can and most likely will be challenged. You feel alone, you feel you must hide what you are doing, including your plans and intentions. But this sword is double edged, you could end up as the victim of deceptions, or a posible betrayal.

On the other hand, not leaving anything behind..but still working under the cover of darkness, alone, and deceptive.

I also read reversals: 7 of Swords reversed, letting go, coming clean, you know who you can trust, finding help, unexpected good news.

Attachments

• My 7 of Swoard.jpg
    My 7 of Swoard.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 363

tarotlaura

Legacy 7 of Swords

Yes, through the cover of darkness he would seem stealthy but not all has gone to plan as the wind is at his back and the bird just might give him away. This thief already has enough but his eyes are on the prize, the two swords on the wall. His appearance might also mean that his actions might not have been thoroughly thought out either. As a thief he isn't wearing shoes, gloves and even a mask to hide his face. Which leads me to believe that this was a rather haste decision on his part. And he just might get caught at what he's doing.
I would also read this card as dishonesty and deception and maybe plans and decisions not very well thought out.

PAMUYA

Seven of Swords

Tarotlaura:
Great point..no shoes, gloves, mask, and his eyes. Not so well thought out

seeing something that is wanted but one has enough of already (greed)
13wildmoons-he does alread have swords on his back.

Do you think the 2 remaining swords which he is coming for have any special meaning?

Amanda

Well, he's already got 5 of the 7 Swords, in most cards he's still 'looking back' at the 2 he couldn't carry. Maybe he should just move on with what he's got and forget about the other two... as 2 swords (if you look at it like this) says someone isn't facing their feelings on an issue. Suggests a lack of conscience and greed as someone said.

JSNYC

Oh, am I too late to join? The Legacy of the Divine Tarot is my favorite and primary reading deck!

Being a "thinker" this is my suit! And the 7 of Swords just happens to be my card for this month!

If you look at the progression of the suit, the "thinker" has already tried forcing the issue (in the 5 of Swords) and that didn't work. So now "other" options are being tried... and they are not wise!

So I view this card as the card of unwise or shady plans... Trying to make something happen that isn't particularly the best route, or trying to use underhanded or unethical means to achieve a goal.

colinmcq

legacy taro 7 swords

hi all am I late well if so i'm sorry just joined, yeah this card tells me of deception a story of little guy jumping out the window like the thief in the night stealth as the steel that is on his back as the magpie looks out as if a warning the magpie bird likes shiny objects like the guy jumping out the window watch out my message

PAMUYA

never to late to join in...

JSNYC

colinmcq said:
hi all am I late well if so i'm sorry just joined, yeah this card tells me of deception a story of little guy jumping out the window like the thief in the night stealth as the steel that is on his back as the magpie looks out as if a warning the magpie bird likes shiny objects like the guy jumping out the window watch out my message
That is interesting colinmcq, your mention of "shiny objects" makes me think of an impulsive plan, which "is" an unwise plan. (Impulsive people are drawn to shiny objects! ;) ) That bird has always caught my eye as well, but I wasn't sure how to interpret it. Also, your interpretation suggests that the guy is simply being unwise (or impulsive) rather than "sinister", I like that!

colinmcq

7 swords legacy of the devine

thanks for that, when I look at Images like this I just say what I see and It would all depend on how I was feeling within a given time and what other cards I would be looking at at the time as well within certain reads that I have done some times I become very emotional why, I don't know may be the feel of whats going onime I suppose at the t I suppose...