Tarot of the Sevenfold Mystery - The Fool

WolfyJames

I wonder when the companion book on this deck will come out.

I find that interesting, the similarities and differences between the Alchemical and this one.

They both wear blindfold, but in the ToSM she takes a peak but in the Alchemical he does not. Maybe her dog is the one who helps her with that, following the instinct to look before jumping. Dogs have no sense of height, but she does, so she knows there is a step because of the dog, but not how high so she takes a peak.

They both have non-human ears, him feathers and her ass ears.

He's in nature and she's not, we do not really see her surrounding. With the stone bricks under her feet I guess she is in a city and that she has reached a stair. Since the Fool is about beginning a journey, it's possible this path leads outside the city in question and that the dog is leading her.

Attachments

• 00250.jpg
    00250.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 188

jackieeejackie

It looks like the dog is walking forward and she is moving downward away from him. It also feels like she's just in some cold concrete hallway. Strange and beautiful card.

wytchayn

Hello. I'm new to this deck and thought I'd join in.

Stultitia is Latin for folly, stupidity, foolishness, simplicity, silliness, fatuity.
(from https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/stultitia)

To me, she looks like she's just wandered out of a party, drunk off her a**. Thus the donkey ears. The dog seems to be shunning her for her stupidity. She's venturing into the unknown, ignorant and blind, both products of her own choosing. But she's peeking under the blindfold, so there's at least some sense of self-preservation to be had here. Yet she still chooses to keep the blindfold on, obscuring most of her vision.

To me this says the seeker is wandering blindly into a new and complex situation and has intentionally chosen to keep that blindfold on. There are others around who notice the seeker's ignorance, but are not volunteering their assistance. Therefore, the seeker must begin to help him/herself.