Ceccoli deck study, anyone?

La Force

Format/Layout of Study Group

Okay to give you guys a heads up,

for the Marseille format, I will be using a Bridge, What I call a Bridge, with regards to the meanings of each card. I can not date these, but these meanings are in the beginning stages of Tarot, the transition from cartomancy to Tarot. I chose to use these because there are many different reading methods to the Marseille, with same structure behind it. I will also include some info from my own book, Suit + Number = ?

Also I will not be concerned with reversals at this time.

swedishfish612

Sounds great, La Force! Don't forget to PM Sulis when you start a thread, so she can start an index for our study group. I look forward to jumping in, if not tomorrow, definitely on Wed. when I have more time.

La Force

Update:

Well it's sad to say, but I didn't get permission to use The Thoth upright divinatory meanings :(

I have been redirected with regards to getting permission of the RWS upright divinatory meanings

but it kinda is defeating the whole purpose of this study group, without the Thoth, to do comparative study of the meanings.

Any suggestion on how we can work around this and still get same results.

La Force

(ETA/Begin)I just remembered we can go here http://supertarot.co.uk/

Click on the link Tarot meanings, which will drop down a list.

(ETA/End)

swedishfish612

I don't know, I think it's okay to just discuss general meanings without posting word-for-word from any sources. I think we'll have a lot to say about the deck regardless. I know I do, and I'm just coming from an RWS background!

La Force

I don't know, I think it's okay to just discuss general meanings without posting word-for-word from any sources. I think we'll have a lot to say about the deck regardless. I know I do, and I'm just coming from an RWS background!

I agree, and as you say we can just discuss general meanings without posting word-for-word, there is a lot we can say. I will still do some comparison of different reading systems, I'll just have to approach it in a different manner.

Also did you find what I did post on the 2 of Cups helpful, or do you think I should tone it down, by a mile? lol I do have a tendency to over analysis and over think :D

Okay you get to pick the next card :)

La Force

swedishfish612

Aww, I think you should post whatever you want to discuss! I might not always respond directly to it, if I don't have anything to add, and because of my Thoth knowledge base being...well, nil! But it's interesting, and others may appreciate it as well!

I pulled the 3 of Cups as my daily draw this morning. I might post about that one later today, though I don't have TONS to say.

La Force

Aww, I think you should post whatever you want to discuss! I might not always respond directly to it, if I don't have anything to add, and because of my Thoth knowledge base being...well, nil! But it's interesting, and others may appreciate it as well!

you do have the Phanatasmagoria, book that came with the Vampyres Tarot deck by Ian Daniels, That book is Thothy, it based off Thoth, and is well written in easy to understandable manner, AC Thoth is more complex and harder to understand. So go ahead and use that book with this deck.

I pulled the 3 of Cups as my daily draw this morning. I might post about that one later today, though I don't have TONS to say.

sounds good, but if your not feeling it pick another card any card, maybe there is card that you really resonate with and what to talk about it, than the 3 of cups.

swedishfish612

Hoping to dive into it tomorrow and Tuesday. The kids have been crazy and my husband is working long hours. I've been doing little more than my daily draw the last 4 or 5 days!

MissChiff

Hello? Did we give up on the study?

TripleAir

Reviving the Ceccoli study?

Anyone interested in bringing this back to life?

I received mine a few days ago and since I dont consider myself TOO intuitive, am already scratching my head at times; especially with Rx positions.

Let's take the 3 of Wands for instance. To me, other than the far-off view along the horizon, this depiction has nothing in common with the traditional RWS 3oW.

I'm getting a sense of "trust in good things to come" kind of vibe, but this skyblue-clad angel in prayer with pink roses and a fox trailing her are symbolic overload to me. Would anyone like to chime in?

Attachments

• Cec3Wands.JPG
    Cec3Wands.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 246