Ceccoli deck study, anyone?

lark

This card reminds me of deer hunting.
You sit in a tree and you leave deer sent around your tree and you wait for the deer to come in.
It is like the 3 of wands to me in that you are putting something out there, and expecting at some point there will be a return.

It also reminds me of sent of a woman....I think that was a movie...but my guides keep saying "sent of a woman."

We powder and puff and sent ourselves up not only for our own amusement, but to attract the attention of those around us...whether it is for mating purposes or just for attention.

What she is attracting is a fox....that might not be what she wanted to attract....so be careful what you put out there.

Just a few thoughts on the card....I don't have this deck yet, but it is on my wish list.
Nice to see a card pictured that I haven't seen yet.

Kat Moon

What System

I love this deck and use it often, but it does not seem to follow to close the RWS. What does it follow? There are times when I get "tripped up" using these cards.

3ill.yazi

This is one of the few modern / art decks I own, because I love the images, but to be utterly honest, using it has left me cold.

Probably because I'm coming from a TdM orientation using a kind of numerology with the pips, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the suits or the numbers. When I use the deck I find myself thinking, "well what would this card be in the RWS (or insert Thoth, TdM etc)?", which is a problem I have with many modern decks and art decks (ones that the images were preexisting and not created for a deck per se).

Instead of interacting with the imagery of the card, I'm translating the card as a whole in my head, into the "three of cups-ness" or whatever, if you get my drift. I frankly think it might be a more effective deck if I were to simply trim the borders with the suit/numbers off, and simply treat it like a wholly new oracle deck.

Following this thread for insight.

Le Fanu

I love this deck. I don't care about systems with this one. I'd hate to shoehorn it into something. It would kill the deck for me. However, I do get a sort of RWS drift, which nobody else seems to. I look at each card and get a weird slant on a RWS theme. It's a lovely deck to read with.

That 3 of Wands - and I LOVED lark's take - and yet I see RWS in this image. Not on a cliff top but up in a tree with all the vantage that gives - to be able to see the castle in the mid-distance. And yet she focuses on detail. Like having a global vision but focusing on what's in your lap. I like that. Capacity for the far but wanting the near. This deck really gets my intuitive juices going like few other decks.

If I could post about a card, I'd post about the Emperor on his rocking horse. I love how he is the only male in the entire deck!

This deck always feels entirely tarot to me - despite the need to search for a system which I keep coming across. I never doubt it as tarot.

ndark68

I love the Ceccoli deck as well! It really speaks to my inner child :) I did struggle with the Kings, Queens, knights, pages originally, but I figured it out.

LauraKai

My Ceccoli mini deck just arrived and like Le Fanu, I'm noticing a different take on the RWS approach in the cards. Really intrigued! I haven't looked at the court cards in-depth yet, but enjoying exploring the rest so far.

I'm struggling with some of the Discs though - the 3 of Discs in particular. I can see how this might symbolise creativity, but not sure how it fits with more traditional themes like work or recognition. Any thoughts?