The Fountain Tarot - Study Group

Pixna

So lets get some crowdsourced options on where to go next? I was thinking working through the minors first in groups (i.e., all of the Aces, Twos, Threes, etc) so we can compare and contrast how the cards play together. Any thoughts?

I think usually one card is reviewed at a time, but they could be grouped in categories (such as by either number or suit). I prefer suit, so we could go through Ace through King in each suit, and then handle the majors in a separate group. (This is how the Wild Unknown study group is set up, and it's very easy to follow).

Once we do those, we can have additional groups for numbers, and those could encompass the majors as well. What do you think?

GoldenCelt

I quite like the idea of grouping aces, twos, threes and so on. In each suit there is a progression through the numbers. But for me the main thing is to get started.

Pixna

I quite like the idea of grouping aces, twos, threes and so on. In each suit there is a progression through the numbers. But for me the main thing is to get started.

Whoever wants to get it going can just start it and then notify Sulis so she can add the new page to the study group index. Anyone want to get the ball in motion?

tealily

1. What do you like most about the deck?

The super-strong, visceral emotions I feel from this deck. The art is beautiful and non-jarring, and I really resonate with it (I'm not very woo-woo and very much a people-person). I never have to look up what they mean - I just GET IT. Several cards I struggled to understand in the RWS (Hanged Man particularly) made so much more sense in The Fountain; it was as if I'd rediscovered a mother tongue or something (most of the time, anyway)

2. What do you like least about the deck?

THE THICK CARD STOCK. Oh my gosh. Major functional issue.

3. What has been most challenging when reading with the deck? And, how have you overcome this?

See above! Grr. There's the odd card that confuses me - 6 of Wands makes me go "huh?", but in this instance I try to just open up to my intuition more and "feel" what the card is trying to say to me.

4. What do you make of the Fountain Card (i.e., the extra Trump)?

This was actually one of the biggest selling points; I routinely use a Blank Card with my RWS which has a very similar meaning to 'The Fountain' so I have no issues with it at all.

tealily

have to agree that some of the suited images are off putting, but maybe that adds to the story of that character so to speak, and i just happen to find suits to have a negative connotation. some of the figures look slightly distorted to me (high priestess, the world, queen of coins) which seems odd considering so many others are so perfect. the magician is so gorgeous!!

Ah, really? I find that High Priestess and Queen of Coins have a really distinct facial expression - Queen of Coins to me looks pretty 'natural' (if in a slightly Kim Kardashian kind of way, anyway :D)

Sulis

Moderator note

Hi folks,

Could you please start a new thread for each new topic or card that you want to discuss and then send me a private message to let me know when a new thread is started so that I can add it to the index.

Doing it that way means that threads are easy to follow and aren't discussing loads of different things in one place. Future study group users can easily find what they're looking for if threads are kept to one topic per thread too.

Make sure you put the name of the group in each thread's title too.

Here's a link to the posting guidelines: Tarot Study Groups Posting Guidelines - PLEASE READ

If you need any help just send me a PM.

Sulis - Tarot Study Groups moderator

MuteButton

I hate to resurrect a dead thread, I have only just received my copy of the fountain tarot and I must say I am in love. This really is a beautiful deck and I was hoping to see others in the study group. If anyone else is still interested in working through this deck, please let me know.

~MuteButton

aileen3133

New to this Deck

I have been away from Tarot for awhile but have recently been given this deck so would like to be able to join in a group and learn.

So lets get some crowdsourced options on where to go next? I was thinking working through the minors first in groups (i.e., all of the Aces, Twos, Threes, etc) so we can compare and contrast how the cards play together. Any thoughts?

aileen3133

I think I replied to the wrong message. Being way form Tarot and recently given this deck I would like to learn it in a small group that help each other.

I hate to resurrect a dead thread, I have only just received my copy of the fountain tarot and I must say I am in love. This really is a beautiful deck and I was hoping to see others in the study group. If anyone else is still interested in working through this deck, please let me know.

~MuteButton

MuteButton

I think I replied to the wrong message. Being way form Tarot and recently given this deck I would like to learn it in a small group that help each other.

I have not done much work with this deck, so if you're still interested in working through this deck, feel free to message me.