Swedish Witch / Jolanda Tarot - The Fool

rygD

All of the animals shown, other than the human and tiger, lay eggs.

I initially thought the egg shaped thing was a pool or well or something in/on the ground with liquid in it.

Luna's Crone

To me, the fool/jester playing a flute is reminiscent of the pied piper, except in this instance, instead of rounding up mice or children, he's attracting the attention of the forces of nature--some benign and some less so. His joyful/naive song so stuns the animals that even the tiger is temporarily unable to attack and sits bemused in the bushes. The egg hovering above the alligator represents new life and the butterfly represents rebirth. The fool is a naive young seeker embarking upon his adventure without a full appreciation of his own power--or lack thereof. His innocence and enthusiasm will open the way for a time, but the danger is there lurking in the shadows regardless of whether or not it's acknowledged. Will the fool wise up before the spell wears off?

this does sound like the card so much ;-)

Luna's Crone

I don't mind blending tradtions it often gives a new perspective,and Yolanda certainly have no problems with that she is strongly influenced by the traditions of North American tribes and she is trained in the sweetmedicin tradition.
In her book she compares the european Fool with the indian Heyokan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heyoka

yes i see, vision quest they do have the clown but i don't think its the joker. let me look. I'm sorry, it is the joker. now what deck was i looking where the joker was an initiate or something and the clown was something else. I don't think it was a ciro deck. i know i looked at some of the them recently. hmmm can't remember.

Luna's Crone

All of the animals shown, other than the human and tiger, lay eggs.

I initially thought the egg shaped thing was a pool or well or something in/on the ground with liquid in it.

me too. i never would have thought of an egg.

Luna's Crone

lwb

does everyone agree on keywords, description, symbols. In the description you mean that to include the divination as well???

Luna's Crone

Ah! :lightbulb Would that yellow thing be an egg?! Possible. Wondering if eggs with bluish core actually exists :)

ETA It does (google):
"Only three breeds of chickens lay blue eggs, Cream Legbars, Araucanas and Ameraucanas. The blue color is created by oocyanin, which is produced in the bile and applied early in the laying process."
I guess it's rare.[/QUOTE

i went to look closer at the egg and can't find that damn fool. ;-)

Luna's Crone

found the fool. went off the damn desk and landed on the floor. lucky he didn't kill himself.

i kinda can see the egg. but now it looks like the croc is actually caring it. and crocs do stay with their eggs and hatchlings. odd for a reptile. but they do.

no its on the ground, you can see grass drawn around it. maybe she just laid it and that is why she has that look on her face.

this card is alot deeper than it looks.

Rold

Goddess Hel

I wonder in this case, if the magpie represents Hel, isn't she a northern goddess???
Hel is a scandinavian death goddes and she reigns over the nine worlds in Hell where the people who die in their beds go to,it's not a punishment they have just been un'fortunate not to die in battle.Hel is a stern woman who is half black with rotten flesh and half white as a living human being.
Thats probably why the magpie is her bird and it also eats carcasses.

Luna's Crone

Hel is a scandinavian death goddes and ske reigns over the nine worlds in Hell where the people who die in their beds go to,it's not a punishment they have just been un'fortunate not to die in battle.Hel is a stern woman who is half black with rotten flesh and half white as a living human being.
Thats probably why the magpie is her bird and it also eats carcasses.

ok. knew she was a death goddess. couldn't remember whose. No wonder no one wanted to die in their bed. Valhalla sounds a bit more pleasurable, fun even. Having a big hunky viking, drunk, laughing, come up and smack ya on the back and you go flying into another one and all of a sudden a game of vollyman breaks out. ;-)

Luna's Crone

LWB

I am gonna get the LWB section start with Sulis and then we can decide on keywords description and of course and probably most important the symbolism in each card.

Let me know if this is ok with yinz.