Cosmic Tarot - Princess Of Cups

MardiGras

Card shows a young lady with flowing locks wearing a golden tiara, a earring in her left ear. with a single pearl droplet over her 3rd eye holds her hands over a goblet witha lily beside her. in the background a ship is leaving. The card is predominantly blue.

I couldn't identify with which actress she is but would like to know

I feel it is representing the emotions, aspects of love but loss with the ship leaving.she looks like she is thinking on something in the past and doesn't look happy at all.she seems to have a longing for love to fill the cup her hands over the cup to me shows she doesn't want to say if it is full or empty. I feel she is showing a false face to the world by wearing the make up and adornment she is trying to be content in herself. I feel the blue represents sadness and loss of some kind sentimentality.the lily representing the death of something relationship perhaps but the blossoming of something else. felt she represented the higher self goddess self and someone spiritual.
I feel the cup shows she has something to offer. it can also represent birth of something
Hope

opinions needed i am finding this card difficult in this suit to understand.

input welcome:)

tink27

Some ideas and thoughts to ponder

Hi MardiGras,
I added the picture of the Princess of Cups to help others see and try to understand this card.

http://www.angelpaths.com/decks/cosmic/cups/princessofcups.html

To me the Princess of Cups is in sync with the ebb and flow of the tides of the sea and is coming to a decision of the direction she’d like to take in life….. to perhaps catch up with her peers. It may be she’ll need a little push from a close friend or relative. Maybe she’s beginning to understand that the outer world is but a reflection of the inner. See how her cup glows? I wonder if it could be an idea, a creative thought, a daydream?

MardiGras said:
I feel she is showing a false face to the world by wearing the make up and adornment she is trying to be content in herself. I feel the blue represents sadness and loss of some kind sentimentality.the lily representing the death of something relationship perhaps but the blossoming of something else. felt she represented the higher self goddess self and someone spiritual.

Hmm, This could be because she rarely shows her true feelings or personality to the world. I bet if she has a lover, they can spend a lot of time in the dark trying to understand her. I could be that deeply underneath she feels insecure and worries a great deal about how others think of her. But I on the plus side I think she is very intuitive and is always thinking up new ways of doing things.

She’s looks quiet, intelligent, artistic, perhaps poetic and meditative. The ship could represent travel taken by water, an inspirational trip that will help renew her emotional self, kind of like a honeymoon quality….hmm, she wears a ring on her left finger.

She could be a dreamer and may look melancholy but this could be all the emotional activity going on inside her that’s invisible to the outside world. I wonder if nostalgia could play a big part in her life, romanticizing about the perfect relationship perhaps from a book or movie based on a passionate and magical love story. Ah, the perfect home, perfect husband, perfect kids….sigh. She’s still very young, the cup beneath her hands has yet to flow over in pure ecstasy. There may be a special someone that has helped her to embrace new opportunities coming into her life.

On a spiritual level this Princess could communicate with higher realms of consciousness. She’s definitely magical and would enjoy the chance to journey and explore new places.

On the downside, perhaps daydreaming has become an escape for this Princess, she has an overactive imagination and has become terribly withdrawn from life. I wonder if an autistic child could be represented here when the Princess of Cups is reversed?

tink :love:

MardiGras

very interesting post Tink. I love the fairy avatar as a fairy lover myself it's fab.
I hadn't thought of the reversal of the card as I view cards in the upright position.

I see the princess of cups as an "Enigma" she wants to be understood but doesn't want to be understood.greta garbo "I vant to be alone" i imagine a gone with the wind romance and the man saying frankly my dear I don't give a.....d....m" and her feeling alittle blue about that knowing in her heart reflecting on the past he won't come back but she can fool herself into believing he will. Goodness i see a lot of myself in that card...now.

Nostalgia I believe that is true of her perhaps she isn't young but young as in inside herself and outlook to life not worldly wise and needs to rely on someone else in order to do things.
I think she does look to the past and it's a large part of her life picket fences maybe? as you said.

reversed i see loss the contents of the cup are spilt but the blueness is staring to fade away.

the reason I asked on this card I keep seeing the lady in my dreams and pulling that card out of the deck.