Mystic Faerie, your favourite cards

Hemera

What is your favorite card /cards in this deck and why?

I like the Sun most of all, because it is female. In my culture the Sun is always female and seeing this beautiful Sun Lady really made me fall in love with this deck.

My second favourite is the Strength. She is so beautiful and serene, and she has already had lots to teach me.

I also love the Death. She is yet another female in this deck who is both beautiful and powerful, serene and calm.

WaterSong

hello Hemera! :)

we don't lose any time here :laugh:

ok, my favorite cards....well, I have quite a few I love:

I truly like the Star,( it is the first card I look in any deck)...I like the feeling of serenity and simplicity that this Fae inspires me...her turquoise dress speaks of her spiritual connection, it is a healing color, and I love the water around her...it reminds me of what I do in summer time when I go down the river: I sit on a small watrefall and I so enjoy the rushing of the water...she is so calm and peaceful....

I love the 9 of cups :) there is somthing so tender in that embrace...two being from two different races, joined by love....there is such releif and tenderness in their faces, they have found home in each other...for me it represents what truly love is....

I love the Judgement card...the luminosity of it, clarity, light are coming...there is some sadness in it, maybe the symbols, callas are used when someone has passed in my country, but we do have to die many times in our lives to be able to grow...so Judgement moments are welcome...there is past being released, there is the light of a new day coming....I love this fae, she is luminous, ethereal...

I love the Ace of cups....another of my favorites in all decks...I love the overflowing water(ok, I AM a Cancer, can't you tell? :laugh:) the bubbles coming out of it, the watre lily, the whole feeling of fullness and peace...

Another one I love is the 6 of cups, it also feels familiar to me...I do that often when I am close to water....

other favorites: Temperance, I like her poise, she is one poised fae....The Death card is very sexy, I like that and then the Lovers :)

I like the way she is holding him, comforting him...I like the symbology of the apples, wholeness, love....

xoxoxo
magenta

Dejavooo

Oh, i just got this deck because i fell in love with just a few cards!

My favorite one is probably the Empress. This card is filled with so many colors reds, greens, blues, yellows, purple, white...and has a very warm feeling to it! When i looks at her i get a feeling of joy. She represents the mother of all mothers (if you get what i mean) to me.

I also like the Lovers card. Pink was never my favorite color but i just love it in this card. There is just so much care and warm feelings in this card.

I also like the Moon and the Sun. The sun is a woman yay!
I think its just great the way their hair spreads around filling in the moon and the sun itself! Beautiful cards.

WaterSong

Dejavooo said:
Oh, i just got this deck because i fell in love with just a few cards!

My favorite one is probably the Empress. This card is filled with so many colors reds, greens, blues, yellows, purple, white...and has a very warm feeling to it! When i looks at her i get a feeling of joy. She represents the mother of all mothers (if you get what i mean) to me.

I also like the Lovers card. Pink was never my favorite color but i just love it in this card. There is just so much care and warm feelings in this card.

I also like the Moon and the Sun. The sun is a woman yay!
I think its just great the way their hair spreads around filling in the moon and the sun itself! Beautiful cards.

yes Dejavoo...I agree with all what you say...I love the Lovers card, it is so delicate...the way the fae is holding the male fae head on her chest...it is tender and delicate....and I love the apple blossoms around them...

yes, I love the fact the the Sun is a woman in this deck :)

You can feel the love the artist has put into her creature, the deck....

xoxoxooxox
magenta

Rhiamon

my favorite cards are:
Death-because she looks so gothic and dark, but yet still beautiful.
the Moon-I love the way the traditional symbols are still incorporated, and she looks so mysterious.
the Lovers-I love the colors and his tattoos and just the feeling of the card.
the Empress is by far my favorite. I think it is so lush and beautiful with her round belly, and all the flora, it's just amazing.

Skydancer

I didn't read any of the above so I wouldn't be influenced!!
(Well, I did see Sun, and Death ... I think that's all.)

Okay - I have 8 cards sitting out here. Recently I bought a little 3 partitioned tray where each partition holds one standard tarot deck. (Ok - this is not a 'standard' deck!!) I have MF in the right side, VR in the left, and Tarot of 78 Doors in the middle. Yes - I consult it at night for the next day; what door should I be looking for. I am going to start modifying that tonight; draw a door and then a MF that maybe wants to be that door. See if I get a 'cross over.'

My faovorite card just for pure looks is probably the 9 of Pentacles. Maybe the 10. The mouses are just so cute!! ;)
But in the 9ofPent everyone is satisfied, and pretty much off into dreamland. This card shows true friendship, caring, and physical satisfaction. Completeness, even if only temporary. In the 10 they're at it again!!

The Empress is Divine. 'Nuff said.

So - 2 more make the top ... whatever; the Knave of Wands -- I had all boys, and this one clearly shows the quiet before the storm. Contemplation before whirlwind activity. Slyness ... deviousness!! (where is the spell check?) I know that look!!!

So - for image AND for meaning, I'll take the Tower. This is probably the best tower I've seen (although I haven't been through all of the VR yet.) The tower = tree, the concrete turret above - man made on top of the natural. The brain on top of the body. Lightening striking the middle of this - not the tree, but bits of the man-made part, causing some to fall away. No loss of life, except some leaves I imagine. But no beings falling from the strike. It shows the immediateness of "lightening striking" yet it is in complete agreement with the rest of this deck; faeries, woodland creatures. It emphasises the lightening bolt rather than the distruction of the tower/tree/house. It says to me that something is going to change, and it's gonna be big.

Like I said, it's all about the bolt coming out of the blue and not the destructon of that which has been built up. Although -- it does show the breaking off of the 'castle.' Oh well -- I think its meaning will depend on the question asked.

Everything does.

Also like Temperance, for color and for regalness. Have I mentioned the Ace of Wands yet?

*S*

Enchanted

I really like the Emperor, he look so much more approachable then other Emperor's. His friendly face and demeanour reminds of someone or something that I have seen in a film, but I can't place it right now.

I also like the 3 of pentacles, I don't know why, it is like she is toiling hard in the soil and trying to make things grow and then a butterfly comes along with a gift, much like the one she wears as a belt, or even the one in her basket. A kind of reward for all her hard work... I like that! :)

Muir Aingeal

I have two that are my favorites..The Star and the ten of pentacles. I just love the star card in this deck, I like to meditate with it.

Raven134

My favourite Card...

I also like the 10 of pentacles... Actually it is hard to pick a favorite I really like the whole deck. The death card is one of the best death cards I have seen, but I think she should have included something that shows that death often makes way for life… maybe flowers sprouting near her feet? The book said something about the different kinds of death; death of ideas as we grow spiritually, death of relationships, and of course physical death not only our own, but of loved ones. It says that though the pain of death there is also the hope of new life. That’s why I’m surprised that there isn’t something representing new life in the card. I still like it though, Goth style with raven hair and raven feathered wings, and Ravens in some traditions were thought to carry the spirits of the slain to their next existence.

Charmy

I absolutely love the Queen of Cups in this deck. The way she sits and stares forward - depths of strength and hints of the unknown in her eye. Very powerful card. The Lovers is also a close second, mainly for the sheer warmth and tenderness of the card.

Beautiful deck :)