Am i working this out correctly ?

Sharla

I did a horary yesterday and asked when i would be seeing a certain person again.

My significator is Saturn, so i'm basically not going anywhere. Saturn is 10 degrees in Sagittarius 10th house (ruler jupiter). The quesited is Mercury r, and mercury is 21 degrees virgo 7th house ruled by mercury, so is in its dignity.

Going on the planets the other person in question would be the one coming to me, as mercury is a hell of alot faster than saturn....and this is true. And also with it being in dignity, so they are the one with the power to act etc.

Okay so the way i'm working this out is Saturn (myself) is not moving anywhere really, and as mercury is already 21 degrees through virgo (but at present reversed) and mercury takes approx a week to go through each sign.....

Without it even being reversed, for mercury to get from virgo to sagittarius, i've worked this out at being 2 1/2 - 3 weeks, but mercury doesn't end its retrograde till 22nd so id probably then need to add another week on top ? So this would then be 4 weeks ish.

But then this wouldn't make sense, it shouldn't be this long.....which is what is making me think i've worked it out wrong.

Also there are no aspects between saturn and mercury, which again doesn't make sense.

Also i thought the planets all moved in the same direction, so how can two planets move towards each other and meet ?

Bear with me if these questions sound stupid....i'm only just getting into aspects and degrees etc.

Sharla

Just trying to do some research myself on this, and ive just found this someone's wrote on a forum online.....

"Now from the bits and pieces i read in the last few days, the moon's last aspect in its current sign signifies how the relationship will end up in a chart like this?".

So for the outcome to the question, do we only look at the moon's last aspect it will make in the sign its in ?

If so mine would be moon 14 degrees conjunct pluto, but then this would make it being approx 2 days, which would be too quick. Unless the chart has showed me when i will hear from this person again, as then this timing would be exact.

Sharla

After more research (its one of my virgo traits lol....i could research stuff all day), i've realized i've not been using the Angular, succedent, and cadent houses in my interpretation.

So the quesited being in virgo, and virgo being in an angular house, virgo is mutable....so mutable in an angular house would be days - weeks (from what i've got in my notes).

So then as mercury is 21 degrees in ( 7th house) virgo, and me (saturn) is in 10th house (sagittarius), and mercury spending about a week in each sign.....this could be about 2 weeks.

But then mercury's in retrograde till 22nd, so i'm still confused :confused:.

Sharla

Also just noticed .......infact i'll try and post the chart if i can.

But anyway moon and mercury have 7 degrees between them, so having mutable in angular could also be days, so this could even make it 7 days. And this would be when we was actually planning to next meet up.

I'll see if i can post the chart.

I can't post the chart, the image hosting imgur isn't working for me, for some reason :(

Or if i use the difference of the degrees between the two significators, then i have an 11 degrees difference (which could equal 11 days) but mercury is retrograde, so not sure how this would work.

Minderwiz

It's very difficult to comment in any detail because there's no chart details. It's much easier if you give the time, date and place of your chart - don't post a link to a chart, I need to duplicate it on my own software. Also state what house system you're using.

Generally, from what you have said your confusion seems to be related to establishing timing. This is the most difficult part of horary. You could use;

Real time!. That is use an ephemeris to find when the two planets perfect an aspect. With Mercury in Virgo and Saturn in Sagittarius, that aspect, if achieved is a square. So even if it is achieved there will be problems and delays.

At its fastest Mercury moves jut over a degree a day, so count the degrees between Mercury and Saturn and you have a fair approximation or use an ephemeris to get an accurate figure.

But remember to check two things. Firstly does Mercury aspect any other planet before the square to Saturn. If so the matter is prohibited. Look at the position of Mars in your chart.

Secondly does Mercury's station direct, prevent the aspect. Again check the ephemeris.

I'll deal with Symbolic time in a later post.

Sharla

Ok ill go through everything you've just said.

Can't post the details of the chart, as i did bookmark it but it seems to have disappeared.

Sharla

Going on the degrees between mercury and saturn, if calculating it myself without ephemeris, how would i go about it with regards to mercury still retrograde till the 22nd. Would i need to add degrees on for the retrograde from the date i did the chart ?

Just asking for future reference even though i dont have the chart anymore.

Minderwiz

Going on the degrees between mercury and saturn, if calculating it myself without ephemeris, how would i go about it with regards to mercury still retrograde till the 22nd. Would i need to add degrees on for the retrograde from the date i did the chart ?

Just asking for future reference even though i dont have the chart anymore.

As Mercury is Retrograde you would subtract degrees from its position. With Saturn at 10 degrees, and Mercury at 20 degrees, Mercury has to travel backwards 10 degrees. Without an ephemeris the best you can do is take Mercury's average daily motion of ,1 degree per day and estimate 10 days to the matter perfecting; providing that Mercury doesn't turn direct before it reaches Saturn and providing that Mercury does not aspect a third planet before it perfect the aspect to Saturn.

What you have here is mutual application. Both planets are applying to each other, which often suggests sudden change. With the square you might interpret things as seeming to have met an obstacle or delay, only for things to suddenly and rapidly move forward.

Looking at the ephemeris on my tablet, Mercury stations direct at 14 degrees 50 Virgo on 21 Sept and then moves at from Saturn. So the matter will not be perfected.

Sharla

As Mercury is Retrograde you would subtract degrees from its position. With Saturn at 10 degrees, and Mercury at 20 degrees, Mercury has to travel backwards 10 degrees. Without an ephemeris the best you can do is take Mercury's average daily motion of ,1 degree per day and estimate 10 days to the matter perfecting; providing that Mercury doesn't turn direct before it reaches Saturn and providing that Mercury does not aspect a third planet before it perfect the aspect to Saturn.

What you have here is mutual application. Both planets are applying to each other, which often suggests sudden change. With the square you might interpret things as seeming to have met an obstacle or delay, only for things to suddenly and rapidly move forward.

Looking at the ephemeris on my tablet, Mercury stations direct at 14 degrees 50 Virgo on 21 Sept and then moves at from Saturn. So the matter will not be perfected.

Thanks Minderwiz, i think i understand it better now.

Just a last question, when you say "the matter will not be perfected" does this mean that we end up never meeting, we won't see eachother again ?

Minderwiz

Thanks Minderwiz, i think i understand it better now.

Just a last question, when you say "the matter will not be perfected" does this mean that we end up never meeting, we won't see eachother again ?

Depends on how you phrased the question. If it was 'Will I meet X next Thursday?' then that meeting will not take place. However future possible meetings are not affected. If you asked, 'Will I ever meet X again?' then the suggested answer is that there's unlikely to be any further meetings.

It's always best to put a time frame in, There's not much use in knowing that Mr. Right will enter your life but having no idea when and with a possibility that it might be another twenty years.

Even if there's no stated time there might well be an implied time, especially if you asked the question for yourself. Thus 'Will I meet X again?' may be asked in the context where you are thinking about sometime in the next month or even during the next year. In that case your reading applies to the implied time.