Tree Tarot (In Progress)

MysticalMoose

I am in love! these are truly stunning...I adore trees too & these really speak to you.. if these are going to be in print they are up there at the top of my wishlist!!!!!! --- Fabulous !!!!!! :love:

WolfSpirit

I love those colourful and swirly trees :)
My favourite so far is Strength, that is such a strong image ! But I love them all and am looking forward to seeing more.

pippi

WOW! Love, love, love these cards! I do hope you are able to get this deck published when it's done. Thank you for sharing the images with us! Can't wait to see more!! :)

dandelion

Adriayna, I'm so glad you shared your work-in-progress. It's gorgeous! I just love all the spaces to be filled as one walks around in these cards.

Looking forward to seeing more,
Dandelion

Sagepowder

Thanks for sharing these. I love trees as well and the swirls and the colours look great. I really like how the Fool is standing that close to the edge. It's such a cute tree. I look forward to seeing more. Good luck with making the rest.

Chronata

Yay! I am SO glad to see you here, Adriayna!
I just knew the Tarot world would adore your swirly trees as much as I do!

I can't wait to see what you will come up with next!!

Keep up the awesome work, and keep posting 'em here!

Little Hare

Such beautiful cards! you can tell alot of thought has gone into them :) very magical! can't wait to see a full deck....

I hope you get the published (on recycled paper ;) )... because the world needs more trees :heart:

adriayna

Sidhe-Ra said:
Of course, the deck is yours, and it's up to you! However, have you considered the traditonal magickal correspondence, which would only require swapping Cups and Earth, so that Cups were autumn and Pentacles were Winter?

What are your reasons for your choice of season?

I hope very much to see this as a full deck one day.

Blessings,

Em x

I've switched around my plan many times, believe me! I started with the traditional magickal associations but as I got thinking, I started rearranging a bit. I had such a hard time thinking of cups being associated with earth when they are vessels for liquids, haha :). Although I will say that I'm not completely convinced one way or another, so if you have any additional insights as to why they might work the other way, I'd be happy to hear them!

adriayna

Sulis said:
Ooh they're lovely.
I love your spirally trees and I'm guessing this comes from your interest in Druidry.

You may want to put some sort of copyright mark on your images... Folks have had whole decks in progress stolen from internet sites before now.

Well done :D

Yes, indeed the idea for the deck does. I have a close spiritual connection to trees, and so I saw it as the perfect theme for my divinations.

REALLY? I had no idea. I'll stick a watermark on them or something. They aren't very high resolution scans, so I doubt anyone would be able to print off of them. But thank you so much for the heads up!

adriayna

Thank you everyone. Hearing comments from so many of you about how much you like the deck is very inspiring. I'm working on these more today so I should have some more to post.

I would like to publish the deck, but at this point, completing it is the top priority. Once I get further along, I will be sure to figure out what I want to do on that end.