Four of cups as feelings

MariaPeea

With this card, for me, it depends on the image. Some cards show someone blatantly refusing to look at the fourth cup, which always makes me think of someone being too stubborn to accept something (like their feelings). Some decks show someone who looks like they're bored, which could mean he hasn't really even thought of you much so it's hard for tarot to say how he feels. Some decks show someone who looks like they're thinking about something else, which could mean he may not be emotionally available for you. Yah know? It depends on the feeling you get from the imagery.

kuguinha

Oh, I see. I used the deviant moon tarot.

The girl there is in a tower, looking far away to the ocean. You see a boat too. She has 3 cups in the balcony and she is letting go of one. The cup is falling down to the ground. Her face is really bored.

Fostha

kuguinha said:

The girl there is in a tower, looking far away to the ocean. You see a boat too. She has 3 cups in the balcony and she is letting go of one. The cup is falling down to the ground. Her face is really bored.
Just a thought,s/he aint having thoughts about emigrating are they and thats why they dont wanna know. Just another thought.

MariaPeea

kuguinha said:

Oh wow, she's dropping one? Okay, this is what I would say:

A) This person isn't really satisfied with things with you and is looking elsewhere for what he truly wants

OR

B) This person isn't satisfied with the current state of your relationship and wants more from you.

Now, those are two completely different scenarios, but this is where your intuition and your knowledge of the situation comes into play. If you start opening up your mind when you read, you'll start to notice different things about the cards. Like, did the boat stick out to you? The cup she was dropping? Her face? These can be give-a-ways to which meaning of the card the tarot is trying to portray.

Fostha

MariaPeea said:
Oh wow, she's dropping one? Okay, this is what I would say:

A) This person isn't really satisfied with things with you and is looking elsewhere for what he truly wants

OR

B) This person isn't satisfied with the current state of your relationship and wants more from you.

Now, those are two completely different scenarios, but this is where your intuition and your knowledge of the situation comes into play. If you start opening up your mind when you read, you'll start to notice different things about the cards. Like, did the boat stick out to you? The cup she was dropping? Her face? These can be give-a-ways to which meaning of the card the tarot is trying to portray.
Judging by the image description,and bare in mind now I dont know your situation,I'd think it indicates that someone just dont wanna be,or get involved. :S

YDM42

I would say this person is simply dismissing/discarding/ his or her emotions as they are not tempted at all to take on anymore emotional responsibilites.

Fostha

YDM42 said:
I would say this person is simply dismissing/discarding/ his or her emotions as they are not tempted at all to take on anymore emotional responsibilites.
That is what this cards all about IMO,regardless of what deck you wanna use.

love.actually

Fostha said:
That is what this cards all about IMO,regardless of what deck you wanna use.

I agree! I also associate it with discontent and stagnation in relationships--couples who look for reasons to break up.

eyeDEEclaire

I always feel like this card indicates taking things(or people) for granted.

MariaPeea

YDM42 said:

Actually, this is also very common. I got this card a lot for a guy who refused to even consider being in any kind of committed relationship or get deeply emotionally involved.