The Bathtub Spread

Savoyali

Impeccable timing, this is just the spread I need for a major situation in my life right now! Precise and insightful, yet with a sense of humour, perfect.

Thank you, Imagemaker! :)

WalesWoman

This spread looks great, would you mind if I share it with some of my Tarot freinds?

Imagemaker

Please do share, WalesWoman. May all who use it discover new layers of shine in their cards :)

lisa-pisces

That was great act of innovation!
I will put it in my must do list!
And I guess this spread could be used in many situations

M-Press

Oh, yummy!
Very creative spread!
What bubbles could mean, hm...
maybe "what covers the reality"?

this is a tuff one...

eastarot

An absolutely wonderful spread!!!!!! Thanks!

Imagemaker

I'm so pleased this spread is staying alive! Keep that water running and send in more soap . . . (*did anyone put the towels in the dryer?*)

When I was trying to develop the "unloading spread" I wanted to do a truck, plane, or boat shape with appropriate position descriptors, but nothing felt right. Anyone want to try that?

mj07

oooh, I love it!

I want to try it out!

for some reason, I see the bubbles as floating above me in the bath... hmm... where would they fall on your spread, Imagemaker? where would you put them?

Imagemaker

If I were to add bubbles (have to have more than one!), I'd make them positions 7 and 8 above the tub, and make the towel #9.

But then what items do bubbles have to do with the overall point of the spread? I still don't have a clear idea of what they can add. (Come to the discussion of "designing spreads" and put in your thoughts.)

mj07

I tried it out! Help?

EDIT: I think this is in the wrong place, I'm moving it...

I decided to add the bubbles as #8, floating above the "tub" and kind of called it a wild card, or, something added to the mix that is influential but doesn't last long.

My "task" is to get through the exercises in the book "Mapping the Soul". I've been kind of stuck in the family chapter.

I used my Cosmic deck.

1) environment of the task: 4 of Cups Rx
if this is the tub itself, it's not holding the water very well! that might be a good thing, kick me out of the bath and get me working! the Cosmic Tarot book says "new approach to old problems". makes sense, that's what I'm doing, using tarot and the MtS book.

2) what may cause worry: 8 of Swords
ACK! seems redundant, doesnt' it?

3) what may stop progress: King of Wands
Hmm... I don't quite get this one. If I just look at the card I'd say the guy is trying to distract me with his pretty pink hat and his big, glowing wand! beyond that, I'm not sure what this one means.

4) what I need to do: King of Cups
oooh, two Kings sitting side by side at the bottom of the tub, I mean, spead, that MUST mean something? King of Cups, Mr. Water guy in the tub, why am I not suprised? And he's a Cancer, he's kind an nurturing. What I need to do is get in touch with my emotions (and maybe cut myself some slack?) Mr. Water Guy is saying to Mr. Fire guy, "WHAT are you doing in the tub? This is no place for fire!"

5) what will be fun: Prince of Pentacles Rx
don't get this one, why's he fun?

6) what I'll get rid of: the World Rx
STAGNATION (refers directly back to the situation, 4 of Cups Rx)

7) how I'll feel after it's done: Wheel of Fortune
CHANGED!

8) Prince of Wands
ahhh... maybe he's here to scold his father, the Mr. Fire Guy, hanging out at the bottom of the tub. He's all excitable and full of energy "dood, get moving!" Well, he's the bubbles and he's adding the "umph" to the project!

so, other than a couple cards that confused me a bit, very cool! thanks for sharing!