Magician and the Devil : Health reading

Virgo26

This was part of a larger spread where the Magician came up as the best goal in search of a healthier/fitter life and the Devil as best way to go about it. Thoughts?

The magician has all the tools so perhaps it's to look at the emotional and spiritual side of my health to transform. The Devil could point to any unhealthy attachments or addictions, so in order to achieve my goal I have to shed anything unhealthy or outdated whether it's fast food or old thoughts.

Thirteen

Motivation, Goals, Rewards....

I'd say it's more direct than you think ;) Magician with all his tools could mean: exercise in a variety of ways so you don't get bored. Like working out on different machines at the gym or doing different types of things--Zumba one exercise day, swim the next, bike the next. As the Magician is communications, it might be suggesting a motivational person, like a fitness trainer or a great exercise teacher, or even a doctor, as Magician is often a medical man. The Magician is the person who gives you ideas.

The Devil as the best way to go about it...we often are wary of the Devil as he relates to addictions--but you can get "addicted" to exercise where in you look forward to it rather than dread it. Likewise, you can become addicted to green veggies and protein drinks and grain bowls. But there's another way to look at the Devil: ambition. The Devil sets goals for himself--ones with rewards that he very much wants. As Capricorn, he's a patient and persistent mountain climber. When he gets to the top, he enjoys the rewards there. Then he looks up, finds a higher peak and says, "I'm getting to the top of that one!"

So, be ambitious--not all-at-once ambitious, but small ambitious with a small reward at the end. Like "If I reach this goal, I'll treat myself to a new..." Then aim for slightly higher peaks, each with a reward waiting. Kind of the Apple Watch idea. The activity app has "rings" and you set a goal for each (like walk X km a day is one ring, and burn 200 calories a day is another). So, you can look at the watch and see you need to walk a little more if you want to close the "walk" ring. Close all the rings, and the watch congratulates you. Exceed any one goal, and you get a little achievement medal. You increase each goal as desired. Goals, ambitions and rewards can really make a difference.

Charlie Brown

The Devil can also be a card about pleasure. That you'll be more successful with your exercise if you enjoy it. I see this as relating to Thirteen's observation about the Magician: that you can use all the tools at your disposal to exercise in a variety of different ways. In my personal life, I use exercise time as an opportunity to listen to different kinds of music and various podcasts that make the time fly by. Perhaps something like that will help.

MysticMoonlight

The Magician: you have everything you need to go forward to make yourself and the things you want in life manifest. Apply this knowledge and results will follow.

The Devil: be selfish right now. Make this about YOU. Focus on YOU. YOU first for awhile.

Virgo26

I'd say it's more direct than you think ;) Magician with all his tools could mean: exercise in a variety of ways so you don't get bored. Like working out on different machines at the gym or doing different types of things--Zumba one exercise day, swim the next, bike the next. As the Magician is communications, it might be suggesting a motivational person, like a fitness trainer or a great exercise teacher, or even a doctor, as Magician is often a medical man. The Magician is the person who gives you ideas.

The Devil as the best way to go about it...we often are wary of the Devil as he relates to addictions--but you can get "addicted" to exercise where in you look forward to it rather than dread it. Likewise, you can become addicted to green veggies and protein drinks and grain bowls. But there's another way to look at the Devil: ambition. The Devil sets goals for himself--ones with rewards that he very much wants. As Capricorn, he's a patient and persistent mountain climber. When he gets to the top, he enjoys the rewards there. Then he looks up, finds a higher peak and says, "I'm getting to the top of that one!"

So, be ambitious--not all-at-once ambitious, but small ambitious with a small reward at the end. Like "If I reach this goal, I'll treat myself to a new..." Then aim for slightly higher peaks, each with a reward waiting. Kind of the Apple Watch idea. The activity app has "rings" and you set a goal for each (like walk X km a day is one ring, and burn 200 calories a day is another). So, you can look at the watch and see you need to walk a little more if you want to close the "walk" ring. Close all the rings, and the watch congratulates you. Exceed any one goal, and you get a little achievement medal. You increase each goal as desired. Goals, ambitions and rewards can really make a difference.

Lots of suggestions. Thanks Thirteen! I can see the variety aspect, as well as seeking out ideas from a doc or fitness instructor. I don't have a gym membership but when I did the part I liked the most were group classes. I could just follow along with what they suggested instead of trying to motivate myself on a random piece of equipment. That might also go with eating/diet choices too. I was thinking of consulting with someone who might give me insight into activities and or diet that might work for me. In the meantime, there's YouTube for different exercises!

True that on the Devil too. I sometimes think of him in the Capricorn kind of way but I seem to avoid it for some reason. My rising sign is Capricorn so presumably somewhere in there is the ambitious part of me. Guess it's time to think about it.

Virgo26

The Devil can also be a card about pleasure. That you'll be more successful with your exercise if you enjoy it. I see this as relating to Thirteen's observation about the Magician: that you can use all the tools at your disposal to exercise in a variety of different ways. In my personal life, I use exercise time as an opportunity to listen to different kinds of music and various podcasts that make the time fly by. Perhaps something like that will help.

Thanks Charlie Brown. I often listen to podcasts when I have to do the dishes or something like that :) True though, enjoying it goes a long way. Even though I'm not doing it right sometimes just dancing along to some video at home is a good way to get some sort of exercise!

The Magician: you have everything you need to go forward to make yourself and the things you want in life manifest. Apply this knowledge and results will follow.

The Devil: be selfish right now. Make this about YOU. Focus on YOU. YOU first for awhile.

Cheers. I do need to focus on me for a bit. Maybe in a better way than I have been, like making choices that'll make me feel better as a person and in turn helps me to be more of service to others.