Tarot for Self Discovery

Dark Flower

Book Review: Tarot for Self Discovery

By Nina Lee Braden

The title sums this book up perfectly. As soon as you open it there’s a message from the author asking, ‘What Can the Tarot Teach Us?’ ‘On its own, Tarot is neutral, except perhaps in one regard. There seems to be an inherent message of balance in the cards themselves.’

And it all makes sense, what better; gentler, more imaginative way could there be to ease the road to self-discovery than Tarot?

Braden makes it interesting, the 47 exercises are divided into categories, and there’s a section on how to write your own. She also includes examples of the exercises at work.

The bases are covered, as long as you remember that this is a book where you get out of it what you put in; “Self-discovery is difficult. It often takes great works, great effort. It takes time. It takes energy. It often takes brutal honest’.

Buy the book, for the Hermit in you.

A more detailed review will be posted at Tainted Tarot sometime in September 2002

Jewel

I just started working with this book. One of the neat aspects of it is that in concluding each exercise you have to take an action in the physical world before it is complete to reinforce what you have discovered or learned.

amyel

I ordered this book a few days ago and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. Thanks Dark Flower, I think this is something I have been unconsciously looking for and just recently have recognized!

Dark Flower

Thanks

Hello :)

Thanks for posting a reply to the mini-review :)

Jewel, have you done the exercise where you get to cut people's head's off [from newspapers etc...] to personalise a card? I used my Vampire Tarot for that one!

I like Nina Lee Braden's outlook on Tarot, it's one of the reason's I'm so into it and wanted to learn more.

Amyel, I hope you enjoy the book. I was really happy when I got mine.

Kind Regards,

Dark Flower

amyel

Originally posted by Jewel
I just started working with this book. One of the neat aspects of it is that in concluding each exercise you have to take an action in the physical world before it is complete to reinforce what you have discovered or learned.
Originally posted by Dark Flower
Jewel, have you done the exercise where you get to cut people's head's off [from newspapers etc...] to personalise a card? I used my Vampire Tarot for that one!

Now, I hope this exercise isn't one of the ones you are suppose to put into action! LOL

Dark Flower

What? And mess up my beautiful tarot cards - I'm horrified at the very idea! ;)

Jewel

Re: Thanks

Dark Flower said:

*ROFLMAO* no I have not gotten to that one yet! Like Amyel, I hope it does not call for me to behead anyone *LOL*. The only exercise I have done is the first one. I need to go buy some bubbles before and do my "action step" for exercise 1 before I will allow myself to proceed. Knowing me I will probably do the exercises in order, I am anal that way *LOL*.

Dark Flower

Logical

That's not anal, it's logic!

You're building a strong foundation to move forward on :)

Have fun!

Kind Regards,

Dark Flower

amyel

Yea! My book arrived today!!!!