Question for a techie / ebook owner....

Molly

Does anyone here own an ebook reader? If so, are there good books about tarot in this format?

Also, do you buy books for the ebook, or just download them? Can a palm pilot act as an ebook?

If there are articles on the internet, can they be copied into the ebook to be read on the go? (there are a LOT of good articles about tarot on the www but I can't be glued to the computer all day - I was really hoping this would be a viable solution)

Just don't know where to go to ask these questions. I would really like an ebook, but it's not worth it to me if I can't read about tarot with it...

thanks in advance!

Smack

I've never used an ebook reader on my PC, but my Palm Pilot came with one and I'm sure there are some online that you can download. There are also programs that will convert text documents to ebooks for use on the palm... I used to take large articles off the web and convert them so that I could read them while I was in bed.

I found a site once that TONS of documents freely available for handhelds, a wide variety of topics as well... I don't remember the URL, but I'll do some searching for it.

Moongold

E Books

Hi Molly,

There is a great program for Palms called "Documents to Go" or something very like that which will convert Word Docs so that they can be read on the Palm. You could copy articles from the web into Word and put them on your Palm that way. You can get Documents to go from most sites that distribute Palm programs. Handango is one I think.

Like Smack, I'm sure I saw an e-book on Tarpt specifically iwhilst surfing but I can't remember where LOL!

Best wishes,

Moongold

Smack

ah hah! i found it and remembered to bookmnark it this time ;)

http://www.memoware.com/

i did a search for tarot and it brought up 5 results...

Tarot History
Tarot Affirmations - Major Arcana
Tarot for Self-Discovery
Rider-Waite Tarot Definitions - Major Arcana
Rider-Waite Tarot Definitions - Minor Arcana

i'm guessing these are more 'documents' than they are 'books', i'll keep searching for something a little more extensive.

Molly

THANK YOU EVERYONE! I knew I was on the right track with this one - I have my birthday wish all figured out now! LOL! (assuming documents to go for a palm pilot would work with an ebook)... *G*

Ravenswing

???

if you stick an e-book on your palm pilot, would you be a palm reader???

raven

ladycj

You don't need an e-book reader to download from that site. All you need is Docs to go, which should have come with the software from your palm. If it didn't you can probally get it from the store where you got your palm. I just downloaded some stuff from that site, it was neat. I also have a tarot card program that I got from another site. I guess that would make me a "Palm" reader. lol