Spreads #4: New Year&#39s FIELD TEST! (aka: Calendar Spread)

Thirteen

Spreads #4: New Year&#39 FIELD TEST! (aka: Calendar Spread)

Kaz (04 Jan, 2002 00:37):
I need a second victim, cos I gave the paper with the cards on it to my victim and forgot to write it down for myself.
I'll grab an other collegue tomorrow then........

Kaz

And here I thought my paper and pen plan so very clever. Foiled again! ;)

bec

First of all -Kaz - that is funny isn´t it, your cards telling you to back off when it comes to read me - I´m in bl**dy Denmark and MY cards are saying the exact same thing !!! I can´t even do a simpel b-day spread on me self - and I really do believe it´s because you´re doing these readings on me !!!!!
´Kind of cool really :) wonder how long it will last before I can do readings for my self again (?)

Second - Thirteen - you are really giving me a hard time here !! I know ONE person irl that wants readings done besides my sweet mother, and that person I´m not gonna see for another week :( What´s a girl gotta do eh .........

Poor poor hubby, reluctantly he has agreed to be my ginea-pig if I promissed to be quick about it - *see bec rush in to get her deck, spill out 13 cards, get a quick over view* "well you´re gonna have a fine year overall" hubby giving an ever interestet response "oh goodie, now can I take apart this harddisk ??"

I made a half way compromise, he is now taring the poor harddisk to pieces while I tell him about his ever so glorious future - hehe. And that´s truely the best I can come up with.

Deck: Waite'
Cards:
#13: the wheel of fortune
#1: 7 of cups
#2: 8 of wands
#3: queen of swords rev.
#4: page of wands rev.
#5: page of cups rev.
#6: 9 of cups rev.
#7: 7 of wnads rev.
#8: 10 of cups rev.
#9: 6 of swords
#10: the hanged man rev.
#11: 2 of pentacles
#12: 4 of pentacles rev.

ok.

bec

#13 wheel of fortune telling about the year in whole. This is about finding the right place, the spot where you belong - it´s important in life else you´ll fall of while the wheels are turning. The elements are all present, the guardian making sure that everything fits. There´s dark sides and bright sides, there are changes coming your way - this is the year to truely settle in.

8 out 12 cards are reversed. Not only is this the year to get settled, it includes new ways, methods, directions you have no experience in, it´s a new way of life you´re heading for. This is a year that will turn every thing you know up side down.

January: You have many wishes for the future, many places you wanna be. This is the month to determine which things you wanna fill your life with, what directions to head for, set the goals for what it is you wanna reach.

February: Things are happening fast - this is the month where you´ll have lots to do. It´s important to pay attention to each thing individually so they don´t clash with the others - they travel along a very fine line.

Marts: A month for making decisions and negociations. Remember to stay cool, you may have the tendency to get emotional during this, but that´s no good. Keep a cool head and a sharp mind. Pay attention and keep up.

April: This month is for work around the house. There´s a lot of things that needs done - so don´t rush out to every little event you see or hear about.

May: You´re getting tired of obligations and rational thinking. You crave for time out, but you´re not gonna get it. Things are still happening in high gear - keep up or you´ll fall of the wheel and have to start over again.

June: You have always seeked a way to live in security, this is the month to break this pattern. It is now you should seek your true passions in life.

July: Half way through the year - setting goals, making plans, finding out what it truely is you want - july is the month where you no longer feel it´s nescessary to fight for your rights, your oppinions, it doesn´t matter anylonger what others think.

August: This is the month of farewell. You´re leaving what you once thourght to be everything, experiencing a long time of emptyness, you now move away from once close relatives.

September: This is the month of travelling

October: You are finally seeing the perspective of all the struggles. This month you are ready to start what you have been building on for the year.

November: Be aware of financial struggle. Juggle house and money and save for worse times.

December: This is a time of rejoyce and sharing.

That´s what I´m getting.

Just wanna add that I miss a card in between the months - kind of like a "what do you bring to the next month" card. This is very rough and restrictet when reading for each month individually - or did I do this wrong ??

Kaz

bec (05 Jan, 2002 05:44):
First of all -Kaz - that is funny isn´t it, your cards telling you to back off when it comes to read me - I´m in bl**dy Denmark and MY cards are saying the exact same thing !!! I can´t even do a simpel b-day spread on me self - and I really do believe it´s because you´re doing these readings on me !!!!!
´Kind of cool really :) wonder how long it will last before I can do readings for my self again (?)

When is your birthday Bec?

This problem can be easily solved, I can draw your cards and read them, np, just ask. BTW, I will do the next spread this weekend. But if this is blocking you using your cards for yourself just tell me to stop.
If you are looking for a guineapig for a reading you can use me anytime. I will give honest feedback on it.

Today it was too busy at work I didn't even had time to get a collegue as guineapig, so I will try a fellow dogowner at the club tomorrow.

Kaz

bec

Kaz :)

no no no no - I´m having no probs at all, just wantet to share that what you do in holland is effecting my cards in denmark.
My dob is 22-12-1971

Thirteen

bec (05 Jan, 2002 06:47):
Just wanna add that I miss a card in between the months - kind of like a "what do you bring to the next month" card. This is very rough and restrictet when reading for each month individually - or did I do this wrong ??

No, you did it absolutely right--and very well indeed. Thank hubbie for being so patient with us all :)

The each month reading might be a little restrictive, but remember that is a spread that you'll usually do with other spreads--not by itself. Or if by itself, you want it to be quick--a "It's your birthday, let's take a quick look at the year ahead"--kind of read. If you added extra cards, it would flow a bit better, but it would also become a long read. That would undermine its purpose, which is to give the querent a general idea of what coming year has in store for them. Simple, fast, compact, nothing elaborate or very detailed.

Other spreads can be used to go deeper into current problems and situations and where they might lead.

cj

fairyhedgehog (30 Dec, 2001 02:54):
Thanks, Thirteen :)

ok..here's my twist for you fairyhedgehog..get a cup of tea, add lemon, and honey..break out the deck and do the spread.

right each card down on the calender for that months and examine what the card means to you (where does it fit in your daily life) and focus on improving that area that month and see how you do.

That's what I will be doing...Including the tea..small child gave me her cold LOL

best of luck and hope you feel better
cj

cj

Thirteen

Hi, I did the spread for me and wrote all the cards on the calender.

we will see...the nice thing is the star came up as my 13th card..the star to me has always been my source of energy.

thanks for the exercise..will try to get a few friends to participate.

cj

january

Okay, here's my 2002 outlook. I have trouble reading for myself, so I don't know how much sense I've made!

#13 3 of Cups: It seems the year will have a tone of friendship and having fun. I should be loosening up a bit and socializing more, which this capricorn hasn't done in a while!

January - Page of Swords: looks like I may be getting a message about something, maybe something that I don't want to hear, but will help clear up a situation for me. Also, I'll need to be wary of gossip and shady stories, maybe be careful of who I trust and speak to.

February - King of Swords: He usually represents a come-and-go out of my life Libra friend in my readings. Hmmm... but it can also indicate that I'll need to take the beginnings of mental awareness from January and bring it to a sort of apex of truthful and fair dealings in all areas of my life.

March - 3 of Wands: This card always confuses me but perhaps it means that it will be a month of waiting for some rewards of past efforts to come to fruition? Combined with the year card of 3 of cups (3rd month, 3 of wands, 3 of cups...) maybe its others who will be waiting for me to produce and create.

April - 10 of Cups: I see this card as the "happy family" in RW but maybe I'll be emotionally fulfilled and content and stable. Everything is in place, for the moment. With the 3 of Cups I could be reaching out to many friends and people.

May - 5 of Wands: Competition. With the 3 of Cups the competition should be friendly or I could be arguing/disagreeing with friends. This is also the end on the spring semester (I'm in Grad school).

June - 5 of Pentacles: On no! Out in the cold!! I'll need to learn that I can't always be a part of a group but also be careful that I'm not doing it to myself! Maybe I won't get a project I was hoping for. Or, then again, I could be the one leaving someone else out in the cold.

July - Knight of Pentacles: Back on my feet again! This is a time to gather my resources and begin with a steady and practical approach. I may need to be a little boring, but work needs to be done. Or, I could meet the knight?

August - Judgement: Everything comes out in the open? This one confuses me...

Sept. - The World: This is the month that I have hoped to travel abroad again. Maybe this is an indication that its a go. This is an event I've been banking on for almost a year, for bsiness and pleasure.

Oct. - Ace of Pentacles: the beginning of material and physical gain or perhaps a physical attraction to someone. A new opportunity is presented.

Nov. - King of Pentacles: I may achieve success in the physical/material realm but I need to be careful to not be stingy with spirit and emotion.

Dec - The Lovers: Looks like I'll have to make a decision about someone, a relationship or emotional issue.

The court cards still stump me at times (I've only been reading for about 4 months). Its hard for me to tell if its a part of my personality/qualities or someone else. Any comments would be welcome!!

I'm doing another calendar spread for my friend for her birthday... to complete the rest of my assignment!
~ january

fairyhedgehog

cj (06 Jan, 2002 07:10):

ok..here's my twist for you fairyhedgehog..get a cup of tea, add lemon, and honey..break out the deck and do the spread.

Hi cj,

I /did/ do the spread for myself. I wrote down all the cards but the only one I can remember offhand is Temperance for the year summary card. My favourite card :)

I'll look back at the other cards as we go through the year.

Sorry to hear about your cold. I've just got over one (more like a fluey cold) so you have my sympathy :)

All the best,

FH