78 card Jean Noblet Tarot by Jean-Claude Flornoy

gregory

Am I misunderstanding something or has TB got some duff cards ? I feel a bit thick..... :( All my three decks :| are PERFECT :D

Bonnie

Errant Tarot Cards?

ThinBuddah:

I thoroughly enjoyed the cards that Roxanne uses as "biz cards". It is such a nice touch. I don't know which deck you paid for, but I have all three decks - the 22 card Dodal deck, the 22 card Noblet deck, and the complete 78 card Noblet deck. Each had something different to offer, and each was very nicely done. Quality material, and wonderful thought gone into them. I am sorry that your experience was not the same.

Blessings,
Bonnie

thinbuddha said:
I assumed that they were rejects because one has a slight smear, and another has different coloring. Frankly, I would have been happy to have any of the 3 I have included in place of what came as part of the deck I paid for.

gregory

I got an actual (signed) biz card ! - I assumed because I had all three decks come at once, and so there was no need to advertise to me... :D

Am I wrong ?

lunakasha

lark said:
Thank you jmd
It has been fun to compare the card I got with my Dodal deck Lepape and see the clarified lines.

Well luna...it is beautiful, petite, and the colors are so crisp.
It feels like you found it in the back of your great grandpa's sock drawer...a little treasure.
I'm a mere muggle when it comes to Marseille decks so excuse me while I gush about the little book that comes with it....full of insights that unfortunately I've never had the pleasure of reading before.

How shall we get on?...The Moon...and since reading the little book I have a whole new view of this card and that is pretty much exactly how it feels to me.

I think I went pale at the thought of the first shuffle ..a little stiff at first but feels like it will soften up nicely.
The corners take some getting used to, we'll see how they hold up to wear...but it does give it a nice authentic look and feel.
I am so used to my Dodal and Heron that the people on the Noblet have a whole new personality...it's kind of like visiting your cousins in another city.

I hope you get your's soon! :)

Still waiting.......*sigh* :(

And trying to be patient....it has only been 9 days, so it will likely be arriving within the next couple of days (hopefully!) :D

Thank you lark.....reading your review, and the others here, is making me even more anxious to receive it, but also makes the waiting easier, if that makes any sense! I am REALLY looking forward to the booklet, being a TdM "muggle" myself, LOL!

I will be posting with happy news very soon.....

:) Luna

(who now regrets not including the 22-card, hand-colored decks with this order :eek: )

lark

lunakasha said:
(who now regrets not including the 22-card, hand-colored decks with this order :eek: )
ME three...:bugeyed:

thinbuddha

gregory said:
Am I misunderstanding something or has TB got some duff cards ? I feel a bit thick..... :( All my three decks :| are PERFECT :D

You are misunderstanding. I have 4 Flornoy decks, and all of them are beautiful. (The fourth is the Provost 52 card playing card deck).

What I am referring to is deffereinces between the 3 individual cards that Roxanne wrote notes on, and the Dodal 22 card deck. I had believed that these 3 cards with notes on them must have been rejects. The main reason I thought they were rejects was that the first one I ever got was slightly smeared. As I said- any of the 3 could easily have been included in place of the cooresponding card that I paid for, and I would never have complained, because to my eye, they are still beautiful.

But I'm not JCFLornoy, and my eye is not his - I figured that he must have rejected the cards for some reason- otherwise he wouldn't be using them to write notes on.

-tb

lark

My card was cut with one side of the border bigger than the other so I thought they might be seconds too.
I was still glad second or not to get to see what the deck was like....samples are alway good. :)
I will be ordering the 22 Dodal for sure very soon.
For those who have it what's the leather case like?

Bonnie

Biz Cards

gregory said:
I got an actual (signed) biz card ! - I assumed because I had all three decks come at once, and so there was no need to advertise to me... :D

Am I wrong ?

Gregory:

I am not sure, but I believe Roxanne sends a nice card with each shipment. It is excellent PR! :)

Blessings,
Bonnie

Bonnie

Leather Case

lark said:
My card was cut with one side of the border bigger than the other so I thought they might be seconds too.
I was still glad second or not to get to see what the deck was like....samples are alway good. :)
I will be ordering the 22 Dodal for sure very soon.
For those who have it what's the leather case like?

Lark:

The leather case looks really nice on the site. They need to be ordered separately from the deck, and I didn't order them, so I can't say.

Blessings,
Bonnie