The Book of the Law Study Group 2.1

Grigori

I noticed in Gunther's book that he makes a specific distinction between the pairs Had & Nuit, and Hadit & Nu. In the context though I wasn't clear on what he was arguing the difference was, and got the impression is may relate to something that is obvious to everyone except me :| Can anyone shed some light on that for me?

Also this line has lead me to think about the idea of the "one" hidden among the "many". Nuit suddenly seems like a giant "Where's Wally?" book in the sky.

thorhammer

Maybe the "-it" suffix to the deities' names denotes the point of view of the entity speaking? The first chapter was Nuit speaking, and so she shows herself (manifestation) through Had . . . Nu, on the other hand, veils Hadit who speaks in this chapter.

A thought, anyway, to get you started. When you mentioned the distinction between the pairs, something jolted massively in me.

\m/ Kat

Always Wondering

similia said:
In the context though I wasn't clear on what he was arguing the difference was, and got the impression is may relate to something that is obvious to everyone except me :|

I can't even find the distinsctions. :| What chapter?

AW

Grigori

Always Wondering said:
I can't even find the distinsctions. :| What chapter?

AW

I KNEW someone would ask that... :| I can't find it again either :laugh: I'm rereading so will post when I come back to it, it was in the later parts, but I can't spot where it was. Sorry AW!

Aeon418

Quick post. Busy, busy, busy.

similia said:
I can't find it again either :laugh: I'm rereading so will post when I come back to it, it was in the later parts, but I can't spot where it was.
I think you'll find it in the glossary under the entries for Had/Hadit and Nu/Nuit. Going from memory here, but I think Gunther defines one spelling as subjective and the other as objective.

Always Wondering

similia said:
Sorry AW!

No problem. I reread much of the book and saw many things I missed the first reading. And now I have to admit I never ever read the glossary. Seems a silly omission now. :|

This subjective/objective process is sometimes hard to grasp and I was just hoping to see something solid in black and white.:laugh:

It seems Nu is often chosen when talking about individuality. It's hard for me to think of Nu/Nuit in an individual manner as my brain was all geared up for Hadit to be the individual point of Nuit.

Another silly thing my brain wants to do, once I see the point of Hadit in the circle of Nuit is to jump straight to Chapter Three and the HGA. It seems once I see that dot in the circle, as on the sun glyph, it's already done. So I am having to try and concentrate just on that tiny dot.

If that makes any sense to anyone. :laugh:

AW

cardlady22

This is the level where I'm going to be totally lost/clueless. :grin:

AW, does it do anything to view the point and circle as a 3D thing rather than a 2D glyph? I'm imagining the circle as a clear bubble with the point being riding inside it.

Grigori

I didn't read the glossary either, so nope wasn't there :| I'll try to find the reference, but I think a simple bit of direction towards the gloassry was the answer I needed anyways, thanks Aeon and AW.