Giant Rider-Waite

Richard

While, as far as I'm concerned, the Smith-Waite Centennial (PKT Commemorative) takes the cake over all contenders, there's something very special about the Giant RWS, warts and all. When I look at a card, it is like clearing cobwebs out of the brain. The stark reality of the scene stares one in the face. If it weren't so hard to shuffle (using methods which avoid reversals), this would be my go-to deck for sure.

Anyone else's experiences with the Giant RWS?

bogiesan

WS is my school of choice so It is the best read-at-party deck on the planet. Gets and keeps attention. Cleanr and vivid. Easy to point at stuff. Iconic. Shouts TAROT. Feels good. Looks good.
Chicks dig it.

Emily

I think the Giant RWS looks impressive in a spread and it's also the only standard coloured RWS I like. Usually in the normal RWS the yellow used really irritates me, it doesn't in the Giant.

My deck is one of the newer ones with thick laminate so the cards resemble a brick, I took them out of their box and just keep them in a bag to see if that made a difference but it didn't.

Another thing I do like is that the images are just as clear and sharp as the standard decks, they haven't lost any clarity. And it makes a fantastic study deck.

Carla

I LOVE the Giant RWS, it is my favourite version, but whenever I say so, no one ever says anything. I thought maybe it was polite silence, so as not to embarrass the afflicted. ha ha I have many versions of RWS but I just love the Giant. Everything seems so crystal clear and obvious using that deck, and of course they are fantastic for propping up and contemplating. :)

(I wish there was a Thoth that big!)

Le Fanu

It's funny, I like the RWS and I like big decks and I like increased details but I always feel the Giant RWS simply magnifies the general lack of clarity and orange-iness and unsubtle colouring.

Admittedly, the newer Printed in China editions are better than the Italian ones with the typeface titles but cards this size need sharpness and U.S games are (again) doing us a disservice. If the deck in the PCS Commemorative set were magnified it would still retain its sharpness. That would look fabulous in a Giant version.

Amanda

How big is this giant?

Carla

It's funny, I like the RWS and I like big decks and I like increased details but I always feel the Giant RWS simply magnifies the general lack of clarity and orange-iness and unsubtle colouring.

Admittedly, the newer Printed in China editions are better than the Italian ones with the typeface titles but cards this size need sharpness and U.S games are (again) doing us a disservice. If the deck in the PCS Commemorative set were magnified it would still retain its sharpness. That would look fabulous in a Giant version.

I find them plenty sharp and the colours very pleasing, maybe my vision is not as good as yours! :) In comparison I find the colouring of the PCS deck rather on the muddy side. Oh well!