Pendulum

catlin

Hi,

Are there some more out there who use pendulums?

I use my pendulum mainly for checking locations for bad energy/vibrations. My favourite pendulum is made of a stone called "Blaufluss", a deep midnight blue with silver sparkles. It looks like a midnight sky full of stars.

I also started combining tarot and pendulum for divination.

tarotbear

Way back in the mid-1960s ( NOT 1860's) I used a pedulum that came in my 'Kreskin's ESP Game'. I found that it was very, very easy for me to manipulate it- I could make it swing, circle, and change direction AT WILL. I have always been skeptical of their accuracy ever since.

Thoughts from others?

GeminiLady

I know that there are some that swear by them, but I agree with Tarotbear. I also found that the answer that I wanted was always the answer that I got.

Thinking back, I'm wondering if I was impartial to the answer if I would have been more accurate...just a thought.

Love and Light,
Gem

purplelady

Way back when I messed around with a pendulum a little. You can supposedly tell the sex of an unborn child with one. Also answer yes/no questions. catlin , the stone you have sounds beautiful , I have never heard of it. How do you tell if the area has "bad vibes"?

temperance

i use the pendulum for things that i know, but i've forgotten. i find lost objects with it, mostly. sometimes, it's hard not to ask questions like "is my ex going to break up with so-and-so?" and then feel all self-righteous when it says yes, even though the voice in your brain says "swing up and down, just say yes...." don't use it to feel justified for things like that. but you knew that already.

just about anything can be made into a pendulum. a key, a heavy button or bead, the seed pod of a star anise flower (sold at your local grocery under spices)

i made my pendulum out of acrylic clay. the shape is hard to describe: it's like a teardrop upside down with a flat part that has a hole through it (the flat part) for the string.

StarShine

I use a pendulum. It was actually my first form of divination. Yes, I know that they are easily manipulated physically, but with the proper grip, it is hard to do without being obvious. The problem that I have found is that they are hard to use for yourself because they are also easily manipulated mentally. The pendulum works by reading your own vibrations. Therefore, if you want a certain answer, that is probably the answer that you will get because that is what is in your head. On the other hand, I have found that I am very accurate when using it in readings for others. I even had one that would spell answers to questions that were not yes or no. My friend and teacher, a Native American Shaman and Druid Crone (yes I know it IS an interesting mix) taught me how to use my pendulum and make different charts. (Alphabet, numbers, direction, probabilities, etc.) Gemini was right, if you are impartial or do not conciously know the answer, the more accurate you will be. The last time I "played" with it with a friend and non-believer, I had about a 90% accuracy rate. He asked me yes or no questions that I could not possibly know the answer to. Did I have milk with my dinner, did I leave work early last week, was I late this morning, etc. He went from non-believer to totally freaked out real quick. Luckily, if I want a pendulum reading, I have several friends who are very adept with theirs and we swap readings on a pretty regular basis.

I have also found that my pendulum and an alphabet chart are a great way to channel my guides. You have to be very careful when doing this because you may also channel things that you do not want to channel. I recommend a circle or at the very least a cleansing chant and a prayer of intent.

I hope you can understand all of this, I do tend to ramble. It's a good thing I'm cute or I would never get away with it! }>

catlin

Hi,

Thanks to all your replies!

The stone I mentioned also exists in a reddish brown colour with golden sparkles.

The history goes that this stone was created by accident by some Italian monks in the time of the Enlightenment period. They tried to find something else (maybe the Holy Grail?) and came across this stone. Although he is made artificially, he counts among the semi-precious stones because of his "construction".

I check bad vibes with a chart I place under the pendulum and on this chart the "voltage" of the area is indicated.

KyrieSummer

I use the pendulum usually when I want to find lost items. It, of course, works wonderfully for items that I have lost of my own. But it also works wonderfully for finding lost articles that others have lost.

I make my own pendulum. I use beads, crystals, etc. I have made one for a friend that is a fairy. But unfortunately, although it works for me, it doesn't work for her. :(

misifu

Like most of you, I have had "problems" with the pendulum, especially when I'm hoping for a "yes" answer or otherwise. I too, have found that I can manipulate it with my thoughts. One question I have is, has anyone gotten a circle for an answer as opposed to up and down for yes, and left and right for no. Does a circle mean "maybe"? Also, has anyone ever used a talking pendulum? I saw one in the Pyramid Collection catalog, and was wondering if anyone has used this? By the way, how do you find lost items with the pendulum?
Lots of love,
Misifu

StarShine

Hi there!

The talking pendulum in the Pyramid catalog is similar to the method I use with my alphabet chart. For me, a circular response usually means that not enough of the situation has played out for a definite yes or no answer, free will and all that. "Maybe" for my pendulum is diagonal top right to bottom left.

As far as lost objects goes, I do it one of two ways. The simplest is just ask yes/no style questions about the location of the missing object. "Is it in the house", "Is it in the kitchen?" etc. Once you have it narrowed down to a room or location out side, keep getting more specific. "Is it under the Oak Tree?" "Is it on the table?" etc.
Another way, if you know that it is in the house or wherever, draw a rough diagram of the house or area. Hold your pendulum over each room or section and ask if it is there and wait for a response. Once you have narrowed it down this way, draw a diagram of just that area. If it is in the living room, draw a "map" showing the couch, coffee table, etc. and ask whatever questions are appropriate until you find your item.

I hope that explination is understandable. Good Luck!