"School For Beginners"

LadyZelda

"The 4 Pillars of Our School For Beginners"

:) "Laying Good Foundations" - "No Question Is Irrelevant Or Silly" - "Feel Free To Share What You Sense" - "The Door Remains Open To All Who Wants To Learn" :)

Welcome everyone!:D

If you have just found this thread, I want to let you know that "the School's door" remains opened to anyone who wants to join even if we have already started:) You can always catch up with us by going to our first post....;)

Our Text Books are: "The Iris Treppner's Course" and "Le Petit Lenormand by Colette Silvestre" without locking ourselves into either of them.

Note: The Treppner's Course & "Le Petit Lenormand by Colette Silvestre" are not a requirement to participate in the School. During our classes anyone who has neither the course or the french book will be able to learn from our posts.

Once we study our first card I will open the "Cards' Meaning & Combination" thread and once we study our first layout I will open the "Lenormand Layouts" thread.

April 7th & 8th is our 1st day of class. You can drop by anytime during these 2 days;)

For our 1st Class we will study about:

1- The basics of divination:

Preparing a new deck of cards, preparing our space and oneself for reading the Oracle; sharpening our clairvoyance to get the most out of our readings...

2- Using the cards:

Shuffling, drawing, dealing...

3- Grouping the cards:

Communication - Object - Thematic - People - Positive - Negative - Mixed

This is a flexible schedule, we do not have to rush anything so if we cannot cover all the steps, we will finish up during our next class.

See you tomorrow! :D

Eyebright

Sounds good, can't wait to get started now :D

MoiraKarin

Sounds good sweetheart. Lots of success with enrolling this, and lots of succes and fun for all anticipating studens as well:)

janie144

Looking forward to it :)

metatron3

*sits en class with her deck. First row of course*

LadyZelda

Good Morning/Afternoon Everyone!:D

I lingered too long at the breakfast table...got myself late!

Thanks you all for being enthusiastic about our School For Beginners! :) Like most of you who enrolled, I've been drawn to the Lenormand Oracle, but been frustrated by not being as much "one" with it like I wanted to...So, now let's put down the veil and get in tune with this exquisite and mysterious deck!;)

1) Divination:

Those of you who own the Treppner's Course read about all the preparation for reading the Oracle.

I've done similar things since I read the Tarot and I believe this applies to the Oracle as well.

a) Preparing a new deck:

I'm gonna tell you exactly what I do, "but" this is not "the" way...You are free to do the same but you can also, adapt "my" way to your liking and beliefs, or do it completely differently. What I think is important and that is visibly the opinion of many professional readers, is to prepare your deck. The way you do it is up to you.

I don't know about you all but here is what I do (please share your own ways):

After I buy a deck (the same is true if you got a brand new deck or a used one), I first cleanse it from all energy that it gathered from the people who handled it before me. I light up either a Cedar or White Sage incense, place it in an incense holder, take the deck in my hands and kind of "fan" it. Then, I pass it through the smoke (making sure I don't touch the stick...as I want to smudge the cards not to burn them ;) ) and while doing that I say:

"Be gone Darkness and welcome Light" 3 times
"I banish any negative, evil energy from this deck and any energy that came from the people who handled it before me and bless it with divine Love and Light"
"Be gone Darkness and welcome Light. This deck is now cleansed and purified from any negative, evil energy and the energy that came from the people who handled it before me"

Next step, consecrate the deck: (again this is just "my" way that is imprinted with "my" spiritual beliefs...please share your own ways)

"I consecrate this deck of cards to be used as an instrument of pure, true and positive communications with the realm of Light. Only my spirit guide, the Goddess and God, and my higher self [here you can place whichever you believe in. It can even be just your higher self, or the spirit of the Oracle, or the Gypsy Spirit....] can use this oracle to communicate truth to me.
No other spirit beings, forces, and nothing at all from the power of darkness shall bring any input, or interfere in any way. Any form of evil, negativity is absolutely ordered to back off and remain away from any communication done through these cards.
I bless this deck and surround it with divine Love and Light; it is now “off limit” and Sacred.
Every reading done with this Sacred Oracle shall bring revelation, prophecy, guidance, knowledge, wisdom, to help me rise to higher level of spirituality. No reading shall ever be subject any “negative, evil disturbances or statics” and shall be clear from any input that comes from the carnal mind. So mote it be."

- For what the Iris Treppner calls “Neutralizing the cards”:

When you buy a new deck, all the cards are in order and of course we need to give them a good shuffling so that we don’t end up with cards following each other unless it is “meant to be”.

Here is what I do:

I spread my cards on my cloth and gently swirl them around get some from the bottom and put them on the top, etc…
Then I shuffle them the regular way.
Then, I deal them in 3 piles (I did that for all my Lenormand oracle decks because it’s only 36 cards. For the Tarot I will go with 5 piles). And shuffle again.
I do that until it “feels” right. Then I look over every card to make sure to have them right side up. Then I shuffle them the regular way one last time. At that point I estimate my deck ready.
Then, I place my deck in a “cleansed consecrated box or pouch” and leave a smooth crystal quartz with them as this crystal will soak any energy left on the cards and get them neutral in between readings.

Making our space ready:

If you don’t have one, it might be a good idea to get a “reading cloth” or make one (I made mine;) ). It is better to protect your deck as you place the cards on a soft fabric (I chose 100% silk but any soft and smooth fabric can do the trick too!), it is also good because you are placing your cards on a “neutral” energy area (tables gather energy from what we do on them) and it help concentration as the background of your spread will be a solid inspiring color (I favor “purple” it is proven to be a color that trigger intuition and that is we need to read the Oracle; but black and dark blue are very good too. It is better to avoid yellow, orange any flashy color that could distract you. And in my opinion it is better to avoid patterns completely).

If you buy or make a reading cloth, cleanse it and consecrate it just as you did your cards and keep it in a pouch or box. I do also smudge it from time to time to keep it neutral (as energy is released when reading the Oracle)

Before a reading, choose a room where you won’t be disturbed, cleanse it with incense the same way you cleansed your deck. Spread you reading clothe, and take your deck. You can if you want and sense you need to, smudge your deck before starting your spread.
Snuff the Cedar or White Sage incense that are used for cleansing and light up inspirational incense, those that trigger your intuition: Meditative incense (it is a blend I buy already made and they don’t say what it is made of), patchouli, rosemary, lemongrass, etc…

You can also light up a candle, I don’t but some do. You can put some soft music, meditative music, music for relaxation, music for yoga or nature sounds music… I do so from time to time when I see the need. It helps you unwind and reach the state of clairvoyance also called the “Alpha state”. If you choose to put music on; do so, very softly as you don’t want it to be distractive.

Ok, now I'm gonna let you discuss on that part....;)

janie144

Ok for the first part I had difficulty choosing the deck I wanted to study with, I really wanted to use my Mystical Lenormand it was the first Lenormand deck I owned and was the only one for a little while, I still love it. However I decided to help with the process of learning Lenormand it would be better to use one that has the corresponding playing card inserts so I have opted for Melissa's Postmark Lenormand, no cluttered or layered images, just clear simple pictures with the corresponding playing card at the top of the card along with the title, a good choice for learning I think.

Preparing a deck, ok I have to admit I have never ever done this with any deck new or old, Lenormand or Tarot, but hey in for a penny in for a pound so I am willing to give this a go. I do have some incence but I also have a white sage smudge stick and I have heard a lot about how they are great for cleansing and removing any and all negitive energies, so that is what I think I will use.

Personal space is a little harder to do in my mad, very busy house, too many people too many pets etc etc, I am going to have to work a bit harder on that one, however to help I have found myself a nice little box which I have filled with some bits and bobs, I have never owned a spread cloth so today I found an old scrap of material, a lovely soft faux suede sort of material and frayed all the edges ( they say neccesity is the mother of creation :)) and in the box it went, along with my cards and a couple of crystals so now I can just pick up and move to whichever room is quieter at any time :D

My spread cloth

Attachments

• 100_1232.jpg
    100_1232.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 213

alyna

Hi everyone

so we are here at the class. Its really convenient with the time being 2 whole days as 1 day.

About divination, I have a strong belief that no matter what tool we use, be it meditation, scrying, oracle decks or tarot decks, the answer is all lying within you. I like the Lenormand deck a lot mainly because it talks to me like a friend. There seems to be no end to learning it. Everyday I find a new way to read the cards and everyday there is a new combination emerging. Its like a real friend talking, the little friend in your head, talking through your cards.

About neutralizing, cleansing etc, I seriously have never paid much attention, except occasionally putting them with sea salt and putting them in the right order (1-36) after every few readings (5-8). This does the trick for me. Some days are good days, when I can feel an urge to read them, so I offer some free readings too on the forums or to friends, but some how its not everyday.

I forgot to mention I have a Blue Owl with playing cards inserts and I'm looking for mystical one. Will get it soon. I've been religiously taking help from Treppner's course and I find it very extensive.

When I read the cards, I switch between methods of shuffling and which card I pull off, its mainly because I feel like doing it. I'm just trying to find a method that works for me and for that I have to explore different methods first. This is why I'm open to new meanings, new spreads, new methods of cleansing, shuffling, cutting, everything. I try them all and still get very accurate readings no matter what I do. I've had some very very accurate readings when I did not even know how to read the cards. If it worked for me then, it will now too.

The only thing that effects my readings the most is my nervousness . When I'm nervous my readings will never make sense , however when I'm mentally and physically relaxed, I will do wonders and the answers will come in a motion picture like thing in front of my eyes. I recommend meditating with the cards. You will learn what the card means to YOU.

This is me so far. Thank you

LadyZelda

Janie, I agree that to do the learning a deck with the cartomancy shown is easier. So far I own 4 Lenormand Oracle Decks (I've got few more I desire to get but I will have to wait that my finances permit...: the astrological, the art nouveau, Les vieux jours and Isabell's dream). Right now I chose the Carta Mundy it has the cartomancy too!
You've got yourself a good cloth thanks for sharing a pic :)

Alyna I know what you mean about feeling that the Oracle is a dear friend! I feel the same too and desire to know the oracle better, there is something about it that I can't explain and that draw me to it so much.

Yes, agree with you regarding meditating on each card! This is very important to know the Oracle through and through...and get the most out of each card. I was planning on starting that as soon as we start to study the cards. And yes, for me too I believe it is good to find out about diverse ways and then follow the one or maybe even a mix that really click with me. I think we all have our very own, special relationship with the Oracle, you know what I mean...so I believe our way with the Oracle has to be tailored exactly for us, fitting like a glove...

Being relax is primordial for me if I want to be able to do any divination and I found that preparing my space, lightening the incense, doing a breathing session really help and like you say when I'm well relaxed everything flows and it is like watching a movie...:D

LadyZelda

More info on the basics of Divination

Many professionals advice to prepare and "isolate" (I call that going into my "bubble") ourselves before any form of divination. Here is the way I do it:

-Preparing oneself to consult the Oracle:

Before I shuffle the cards or anything else here is what I do to put myself in “Alpha” mode:

I sit straight, feet well-grounded on the floor. I do a little session of breathing. I close my eyes and breath in raising my arms, joining my hands (just each palm against the other, no finger crossing) on top of my head then I breath out letting my arms go wide open down, then gather my hands in front of my chest in “Namaste” pose…if you ever done Yoga, what I do is really a type of Yoga breathing, with a sitting mountain pose. I breathe like that 7 times with my eyes closed.

Then, I surround myself with light; I place myself like "in a bubble", where it is just me and the Oracle. To materialize that I say:

Be gone Darkness and welcome Light! I allow only guidance and energies that are harmless, pure & true. All evil, negative energies or entities must leave now! Divine Wisdom within me, Light above me, Earth beneath me, the Light of Love surrounds me…I am protected from all that is not Love and my Sacred Oracle is kept in the boundaries of its consecration. So mote it be.

Then I ask for wisdom, enlightenment to be given to me through the Oracle. :)

- Shuffling, drawing, dealing, for a spread:

At that point I shuffle just the regular way to shuffle cards unless I sense the need to give my cards a good swirl on my reading cloth. I usually cut but sometimes I don't. I either fan my cards on my cloth to draw with my left hand or I just deal.

If I draw: I shuffle concentrating on my question or just asking for wisdom. Then what I like to do first is to raise the energy by rubbing my hands together, eyes closed, than I open my hands a bit, and feel the energy rising between my hands. Rub some more and separate my hands wider, etc...Until it feels right. You can really feel the energy between your hands and in the heart of your hands. If you ever practice Qi Gong this is one of the exercises you do...If you never done that you can try just for the feeling, for an experimental experience ;) Of course, you don't have to do it before a reading if it is not like you to do so.

Anyhow, like I was saying I raise the energy, and when I feel I'm ready, still with my eyes closed, I let my left hand hover the cards and I will draw a card when I sense the pulling of the energy. I do that like that because I always feel like if I would not draw the right card if I was looking at them and make my pick...

If I choose to "deal" the cards (which always worked very well for me), I shuffle, and while shuffling I concentrate on the question, or ask for wisdom. And I ask to shuffle until the cards are in place to give me the message and before I cut, I ask that I will cut right where the wisdom lies.

After I draw or deal, I proceed with the layout. With my cards always face down. Then I turn them right side up. Look at them for a moment (I do follow Iris Treppner with that step), and then I close my eyes for the "vision". I don't try to "force" any picture to appear; I just remain relaxed and wait for the "movie" to start ;) I keep a voice recorder on pause ready for me to use as soon as I see a picture. At that point my eyes remain closed and I just describe what I see. I found out that this works out better for me than to write down what I see. I feel that writing down kind of breaks the flow of the vision as I have to open my eyes and write...
I have gotten great results since I have started to do that. It gives me additional clues about the message of the Oracle.

Well I will now turn the table to you! If you are still up and available as it must be evening for you in Europe! For me I still have quite some time but I have now to prepare diner!

Hope to see you soon!:D