Lenormand Cartomancy Meanings

Padma

PLEASE first note, I am *completely new* to cartomancy! Please take that into kind consideration when you answer, if you answer, this post! :laugh:

Ronia and La Force, thank you *both* so much for your intelligent and interesting posts! I had not thought about the Qu Clubs in this way, Ronia, due to the extreme hatred that the Snake seems to receive (I am personally appalled, as I can *super* see Snake as a card of wisdom, or strength! As well as judicious kindness! I understand how she might be inclined to material delights, or self-preservation, as it were, but here is another question: Is that not more the domain of the Queen of Diamonds...?

However, all that aside, I am so glad to understand that the Snake card is not the pure evil some readers project on it! I know I am kind, and so it makes me feel better, as a Queen of Clubs myself, to know I am not poison, lol! ;) (though I know I am not!) *I am not yet adept at blending the cartomancy with the Lenormand symbols, please note!*

La Force, that was an amazing bit of information, about the taxes and the meaning of the Ace of Spades! thanks for that - sheds a lot of light on the issue!

However, in some ways, this does not explain *why* the Lady card is given this assignation? Ronia, I understood your points about how death is not horrible, but a part of life...and how life begins and ends in a Lady...but something about this still bothers me. Maybe because, Ronia, as you point out, it is part of the old "Eve" tradition - of maligning the original woman, and casting her as the evil sin-maker...!

I am hesitant to go too far into history/traditional meanings on this, because frankly, honey, it's a new world! ;) It is after all 2013, hardly the dark ages of religion and the evil connotations of a woman.

How can we make the Lady more positive, then....?

La Force

PLEASE first note, I am *completely new* to cartomancy! Please take that into kind consideration when you answer, if you answer, this post! :laugh:

*I am not yet adept at blending the cartomancy with the Lenormand symbols, please note!*

Hon I just have to this, I say this with encouragement and love: YOU DID it, YOU did excellent in the practice. You picked up what you needed to, you did see. Recognize that. go back and really look at it, even though you put ? marks behind what you were saying/seeing you bottom line got it. That was what the whole practice was about, was to pick up on the clues to the meaning of the insert hon. Congrat :party:

La Force, that was an amazing bit of information, about the taxes and the meaning of the Ace of Spades! thanks for that - sheds a lot of light on the issue!

Your very welcome.

I am hesitant to go too far into history/traditional meanings on this, because frankly, honey, it's a new world! ;) It is after all 2013, hardly the dark ages of religion and the evil connotations of a woman.

Like I suggested in the other thread where you did the practice. what will help you find a more positive meaning for the card, that isn't prefixed with meanings is check out the thread "Lenormand Numerology Meanings" I give instructions on how to create your own meanings. Step instruction. That will help you tons, remember nothing is prefixed.

I haven't answered the other questions you have, for they are meant and would best answered by Ronia

Love and light

La Force

Padma

thanks for that, La Force, I will have to go back on Sunday and reread your numerology postings ;) As we are expecting up to 30 cm's of snow that day, I am sure I shall have ample time to contemplate! :heart:

PS Thanks SO much for the hearty encouragement! I really appreciate it!

Padma

Now that we are on the topic of cartomancy readings...I had a weird three-card draw today, for my daily read. I got Letter + Scythe + Tree. Worrisome! The "book" meanings for this (without cartomantic meanings) is an unexpected message about danger to a life - but that didn't happen ;p

(Little P, using your initial meanings here, just so you know!)

If I go by cartomantic meanings, I get Letter = 27 - the Letter - 7 of Spades - melancholy, grief, arguments and ailments;

then Scythe: 10 - the Scythe- Jack of Diamonds - messenger who brings news; young man

and last, Tree...5 - the Tree - 7 of Hearts - happy visits, good thoughts, satisfaction in various areas of life

The only thing that resonated after my day, was happy thoughts of satisfaction in various areas of life! (Tree) Nothing else matched up in any way. What do you then make of such a reading...?

La Force

Now that we are on the topic of cartomancy readings...I had a weird three-card draw today, for my daily read. I got Letter + Scythe + Tree. Worrisome! The "book" meanings for this (without cartomantic meanings) is an unexpected message about danger to a life - but that didn't happen ;p

(Little P, using your initial meanings here, just so you know!)

If I go by cartomantic meanings, I get Letter = 27 - the Letter - 7 of Spades - melancholy, grief, arguments and ailments;

then Scythe: 10 - the Scythe- Jack of Diamonds - messenger who brings news; young man

and last, Tree...5 - the Tree - 7 of Hearts - happy visits, good thoughts, satisfaction in various areas of life

The only thing that resonated after my day, was happy thoughts of satisfaction in various areas of life! (Tree) Nothing else matched up in any way. What do you then make of such a reading...?

I'll put up my keyword for the carotmancy. Then I want you to select what resonate with you. Why cause you know how your day was and how you felt.
What I can tell you, is that you have 2 Red suited cards, these over power the Black (Spades) meaning that it lessened in strength. Not as bad. Therefore over all this means by suits this is a positve day for you.

7 0f Spades

Hope, intention, vow, wish, desire, expectation, overvalue, confidence, attempt, answer, cluttered, safe, decisions, surprise, cherished plans, frustration (feeling) when things don't go the way we hoped, or planned.

Jack of Diamonds

A person who brings news, A near relative who puts his own interests first. Self-opinionated, easily offended and not always quite straight, Hopeful anticipation, A persons thoughts.

7 of Hearts

The power of healing and love, forgiveness, creativity, discovery, invention, soul, spirit, intelligence, idea, memory, reflection, understanding, contemplation, sentiment, positive outcomes, steady improvements, happy surprises, peaceful period, to relax catch your breath, quick recovery, second chances, peace of mind, opportunity to redo something, complete something that wasn't finished.

Hope this helps

As you can see, there are so many different variations to playing card meanings, that is why it is best, (I suggest/advise) that you create your own. Not always do prefixed meanings work for you.

In all divination, they give suggested meanings, nowhere does it say that you have to use them and that they are fixed.

For me scyrhe comes up lots as a tool, like me working on my crafts, I use scissors, other cutting tools, I do carvings so I use carving tools etc. Same with cooking, I use a knife, I will invite friends etc over dinner we all work in the kitchen together making the dinner. Also I comes up for me when I spend a day with my tarot, lenormand cards, Amoung other things. Also this card is the Jack of Diamonds in numerology it's 2 and the card number itself is 10 = 1. Go take a look at the meanings, that may help inspire your thoughts. :)

ETA: Bottom line is, like tarot, what does the cards mean to you. What do you see and feel? Over time the cards reveal to you what they mean for you. Jounals are great for this, cause you'll start to see a pattern develope of keywords that repeat/repetive. Those then become your personal keywords for the card.

La Force

daphne

I'll put up my keyword for the carotmancy. Then I want you to select what resonate with you. Why cause you know how your day was and how you felt.
What I can tell you, is that you have 2 Red suited cards, these over power the Black (Spades) meaning that it lessened in strength. Not as bad. Therefore over all this means by suits this is a positve day for you.

7 0f Spades

Hope, intention, vow, wish, desire, expectation, overvalue, confidence, attempt, answer, cluttered, safe, decisions, surprise, cherished plans, frustration (feeling) when things don't go the way we hoped, or planned.

Jack of Diamonds

A person who brings news, A near relative who puts his own interests first. Self-opinionated, easily offended and not always quite straight, Hopeful anticipation, A persons thoughts.

7 of Hearts

The power of healing and love, forgiveness, creativity, discovery, invention, soul, spirit, intelligence, idea, memory, reflection, understanding, contemplation, sentiment, positive outcomes, steady improvements, happy surprises, peaceful period, to relax catch your breath, quick recovery, second chances, peace of mind, opportunity to redo something, complete something that wasn't finished.

Hope this helps

As you can see, there are so many different variations to playing card meanings, that is why it is best, (I suggest/advise) that you create your own. Not always do prefixed meanings work for you.

In all divination, they give suggested meanings, nowhere does it say that you have to use them and that they are fixed.

For me scyrhe comes up lots as a tool, like me working on my crafts, I use scissors, other cutting tools, I do carvings so I use carving tools etc. Same with cooking, I use a knife, I will invite friends etc over dinner we all work in the kitchen together making the dinner. Also I comes up for me when I spend a day with my tarot, lenormand cards, Amoung other things. Also this card is the Jack of Diamonds in numerology it's 2 and the card number itself is 10 = 1. Go take a look at the meanings, that may help inspire your thoughts. :)

ETA: Bottom line is, like tarot, what does the cards mean to you. What do you see and feel? Over time the cards reveal to you what they mean for you. Jounals are great for this, cause you'll start to see a pattern develope of keywords that repeat/repetive. Those then become your personal keywords for the card.

La Force

Interesting takes, La Force. Would be too much to ask to open a thread and give your cartomancy meanings, as with numerology?

Padma

La Force said:
For me scythe comes up lots as a tool, like me working on my crafts, I use scissors, other cutting tools, I do carvings so I use carving tools etc. Same with cooking, I use a knife, I will invite friends etc over dinner we all work in the kitchen together making the dinner. Also I comes up for me when I spend a day with my tarot, lenormand cards, Among other things. Also this card is the Jack of Diamonds in numerology it's 2 and the card number itself is 10 = 1. Go take a look at the meanings, that may help inspire your thoughts.

Wow, thanks SO much for helping out on that, La Force. Your takes are very interesting and perceptive. This bit of yours I quoted in particular got me, because I woke this morning understanding exactly what those cards were predicting. And you're gonna laugh! lol! ;) I sure did!

My mind was so involved in working out the health aspect of Scythe + Tree, and worrying about it, I forgot how literal the Lennies often are!

Here is what they referred to, I am sure - yesterday I went to a manicurist (the Jack, although she is a female - but a younger woman) and she used a small pair of plier-type cuticle scissors to cut the acrylic on my nails with, in order to begin removing it. She then used a small, thin metal palette knife to remove the rest of the artificial nail.

The Scythe would then be her tools, and the Tree to me would indicate the acrylic nails (long-lasting!) as well as my own nails (body bits) And perhaps the Letter referred to the fact that she was upset about the salon where she works, she told me to leave my phone number with her in case she relocates - so that I would be able to locate her.

I wonder if that news of hers goes with the Jack of Diamonds - a person's thoughts;

And the 7 Spades indicating hope, desire and expectation on my part that she would give me a lovely set of nails (she did!)

The 7 Hearts would then be my feeling of satisfaction, as well as resting after my long day of errands and appointments - If I had understood properly the cartomancy meanings, I would have seen there was no reason for alarm, and that everything would be fine by day's end! :p

I can see it will take me a while to learn the cartomancy and numerological aspect of things, because it will take experience with noting outcomes and matching them to cards, which was how I learned the little I know about Lennies so far, lol!

Also, La Force, I know you had noted some of the cartomant meanings elsewhere in the oracle threads - I think when speaking of the Anna Stokes deck, if I recall - but I agree with Daphne, it would be of value to us if you matched cartomancy meaning with Lenormand card, in a different thread, as Little P did, so that we have another and a different referral point. :heart:

Thanks again, so very much, for helping me take my example apart and understanding it! I sure wish hindsight wasn't 20/20, lol! ;)

Can someone else maybe post a sample reading...? I find it so useful, in order to learn, and to compare points of view/ask questions! :D

La Force

Wow, thanks SO much for helping out on that, La Force. Your takes are very interesting and perceptive. This bit of yours I quoted in particular got me, because I woke this morning understanding exactly what those cards were predicting. And you're gonna laugh! lol! ;) I sure did!

My mind was so involved in working out the health aspect of Scythe + Tree, and worrying about it, I forgot how literal the Lennies often are!

Here is what they referred to, I am sure - yesterday I went to a manicurist (the Jack, although she is a female - but a younger woman) and she used a small pair of plier-type cuticle scissors to cut the acrylic on my nails with, in order to begin removing it. She then used a small, thin metal palette knife to remove the rest of the artificial nail.

The Scythe would then be her tools, and the Tree to me would indicate the acrylic nails (long-lasting!) as well as my own nails (body bits) And perhaps the Letter referred to the fact that she was upset about the salon where she works, she told me to leave my phone number with her in case she relocates - so that I would be able to locate her.

I wonder if that news of hers goes with the Jack of Diamonds - a person's thoughts;

And the 7 Spades indicating hope, desire and expectation on my part that she would give me a lovely set of nails (she did!)

The 7 Hearts would then be my feeling of satisfaction, as well as resting after my long day of errands and appointments - If I had understood properly the cartomancy meanings, I would have seen there was no reason for alarm, and that everything would be fine by day's end! :p

I can see it will take me a while to learn the cartomancy and numerological aspect of things, because it will take experience with noting outcomes and matching them to cards, which was how I learned the little I know about Lennies so far, lol!

Also, La Force, I know you had noted some of the cartomant meanings elsewhere in the oracle threads - I think when speaking of the Anna Stokes deck, if I recall - but I agree with Daphne, it would be of value to us if you matched cartomancy meaning with Lenormand card, in a different thread, as Little P did, so that we have another and a different referral point. :heart:

Thanks again, so very much, for helping me take my example apart and understanding it! I sure wish hindsight wasn't 20/20, lol! ;)

Can someone else maybe post a sample reading...? I find it so useful, in order to learn, and to compare points of view/ask questions! :D

I am just bouncing here I'm so tickled pink for you Lotus. :party: hurrah time to party. your doing so awesome with the cartomancy way to go. when one system fails, the other won't. That why is so nice to have them be combined, and be flexible, with no limits, open your mind to all the possibilities that lenormand is offering you. It's not healthy for anyone to be regimented.

I had already begun the request. Just have to work out a few things, I may need to talk with the MODs. :)

La Force

Padma

Don't get too excited for me, La Force, lol! After all, I needed help (a *lot*, as it turns out!) in figuring out the interps, and I needed hindsight.

I am sure, with yours, and everyone's help here, I will eventually get it! lol! ;)

Ronia

As well as judicious kindness! I understand how she might be inclined to material delights, or self-preservation, as it were, but here is another question: Is that not more the domain of the Queen of Diamonds...?

Queen of Clubs seeks security for the long term and corresponds to the Snake who is not a rushing animal. Queen of Diamonds is very much a moving accident waiting to happen. LOL She's fast, fast to think, fast to act, fast to gamble, she wants it
quick, whatever it is, and yes, she is also materialstic but they all are in a different sense. Queen of Diamonds is also a gossip girl, a communicator, a news reporter or a talk show host, she is into the fast lane. Queen of Clubs is into career too but her goal is the Anchor.

I would say that the Ace of Spades' relation to taxes leads to two British monarchs and I certainly don't know where taxpayers were hung instead of being forced to work for free to pay their taxes (which was the practice in old Europe and very wise one), enslaving them, but La Force will certainly let us know where this happened, as I'd like to know too. As about the Ace of Spades and taxes, google and you'll read the story, it's only related to the stamp/sign required on decks and inside them, started by British monarchs.

However, in some ways, this does not explain *why* the Lady card is given this assignation? Ronia, I understood your points about how death is not horrible, but a part of life...and how life begins and ends in a Lady...but something about this still bothers me. Maybe because, Ronia, as you point out, it is part of the old "Eve" tradition - of maligning the original woman, and casting her as the evil sin-maker...!

Don't know, if something bothers you, then get to read more info, I do that and at one point I find a text that explains what I need to know. :) To me the Ace of Spades and the Woman is pretty clear connection, not all Lenormand/cartomancy are that clear but they all clear up eventually, depends what you're looking for in them. :)

Sorry, I'm a traditional reader and religious on top of that. I do not see as the Lady being "negative". There is shadow and light, that's how world works and will forever work, till the Sun finally explodes and all is lost. We can't be all light.