Tarot for Yourself- 3 card spreads

Kaz

Try them with Bec's reversals tips and tricks and share your results.

Kaz

Jewel

Kaz and Bec ... have you guys done this yet? I did, but was waiting to see if you and Bec were ready to continue our work together. I will post mine tomorrow.

By the way ... I still have not heard from the metaphysical store about Tarot Constellations ... I am assuming that no news is good news (that it is still in print), but will check with them in a day or 2.

Love & Light,

Kaz

Jewel,
Actually, I did this yesterday because my daily draw showed me a card and I thought "Now what again" , so I draw 3 extra cards for clarification. I did this exercise on it, not all possibilities go well but some did. I will post the results tonight, I am just about to go to work.

Kaz

bec

First part:

I haven´t done it yet - but I will - now.

I´m writing as I go along so please bare with me ;)

Drawing the cards - damit ! Not again :(

body: 7 swords reversed !!!!!!!
mind: 2 pentacles (destiny card)
spirit: 7 pentacles (lesson cards)

In whole 3 signifacant persona cards - and I have seen these 3 cards waaaayyyy to much lately :(

colours: brown, red, yellow, blue, green
numbers: 7 means keeping focus and control
...............2 means struggle, keeping balance

Persons: every card has 1 person in it, alone, no animals or other companions

Environment: every person in the card has a landscape behind them, they all ahve something in their hands, and they all watch and reflect on an object.

Symbols: 1st card= swords
..............2nd card=ocean,pentacles,boats
..............3rd card= (don´t the word) a bush, pentacles

how do I feel when looking at them:
I wonder if i have been lying to my self about getting on top again - am I still trying to steal my self out of it - strugling for balance, but just stands there dreaming about it not doing anything to gt a move on !!

(Damit I hate tarot right now - but I startet it, might as well finish it off as well )

All persons in the cards face their heads down into the ground.

bec

Second part, what does the cards have to tell me ?

body: Your physical way of handling things are very perfectionistic - 5 out 7 sevenis simply not good enough for you. I you can´t have all 7 you tend to neclect everything and fall in dispair. Your bodily health situation is turned up side down - your mind being smashed by loads of thourghts (swords starting round head) - but then realized that it was all grounded in the stomach,hips and partly knees have made you a bit lighter on your feet. Lesson to be learned is be greatful for the 5´s you have achieved instead of going into dispair over the 2 you didn´t manage.

Mind: You are in constant strugglewith in how to keep balance, it is not an easy achievement for you to keep control. You tend to wander of in mind. This struggle is not healthy for you, lesson is to set your priorities straight so it will be easier for you to comprehend and manage.

Spirit: The way you tend to deal with these aspects in life is by dreaming of a better life. There is not much action going on - you make all these great plans within but never seems to be able to get them out and working.

So the story in mary´s book would be:

While my body is urging me to let go and stop being so eager about making everything perfect, my mind is telling me it is all about priorities and keeping balance, yet my spirit is urging me to take it easy and stop making such a fuss about getting things done all the time.

Hmmm, I might come to like tarot again here ;)

That´s it for now, kids are calling :)
Tell me what you think ? Am I missing something here ? I thourght I have turned this round to something good, but the cards still shows, so what am I not getting here ?
Still to eager to be perfect ? DAMN I don´t think I´ll ever get rid of that......... it´s a big of ME ......... hmmm

Jewel

Three card reading - Tarot of the Old Path deck:

Body: Tower; Mind: 8 of Pentacles; Spirit: High Priestess (Soul Card).

What I see: A tower exploding, and industrious man achieving success, and a woman confident in every aspect of her being.

Colors: The yellows and greens in all cards were what stood out the most and commanded my attention. Also see oranges and pinks.

Personal meanings of the numbers: One things I found really interesting is that the number 16 (Tower-body) is the result of multiplying 8 (Pentacles-mind) by 2 (High Priestess-spirit). This had the most significance to me. On an individual level, 8 means strength and succes to me; 2 means duality; 16 holds no real significance for me. I need to gain more knowledge concerning numerology.

Human Figures and Animals: a man and woman falling, a toad, a man focused on his work almost meditatively, a priestess, butterfly, unicorn, 2 rabbits, black cat, squirrel, deer, snake, dragon fly, 2 doves.

Description of cards in terms of emotion: chaos, concentration/meditation/focus, and beauty, peace and calm.

Symbols: fire, lightening, comet rain, toad, falling bridge, determined eyes, 7 perfect wheat pentacles plust the one he is working on, wand, inverted triangle, water, crown, animals, forrest and loose hair of HP.

Description of cards in terms of emotions the evoke:
Tower - expectancy
8 of Pentacles - commitment
HP - peace, joy and awe

Direction cards face: the Tower (body) faces the 9 of pentacles (mind) which is starring forward in concentration. The HP (spirit) appears headed toward the 8 of Pentacles (mind).

Continued ....

Jewel

Continued from above:

My body (Tower) is telling me that I am undergoing physical change (I've lost 17 lbs) but that if I don't keep up the routine I will see that change reversed abruptly.

My mind card (8 of Pentacles) is telling me that I have the skill and ability to focus and concentrate. Through these abilities I can achieve anything I set my mind to.

My spirit card (HP) is telling me that I am finding my personal peace and that my spirit is feeling fulfilled and happy. This integration is helping achieve my goals.

While my body wants to see rapid dramatic change my mind is telling me that I have to stay focused and work hard at it, yet my spirit is urging me to blend my mind and spirit to achieve my goals.

READING FOR DEPTH: same cards looked as past, present and future:

PAST: Tower - I never seemed to know what I wanted creating abrupt changes on all levels in search of what my true goals were.

PRESENT: 8 of Pentacles - I am happy with all aspects of my life because I am focused and know that I have the ability to achieve what ever I want.

FUTURE: High Priestess - I will continue to quest for the secrects of spirit and my higher self and continue to integrate them into my life to enrich it further.

That is it for me!!!

Love & Light,

Jewel

Hi Bec! Hope you are feeling more positive today. I thought it was interesting to see how your personal cards dominated your reading and really tied into the interpretation I did for you on your persona cards.

I would like to comment that I think your spirit card in the above reading (7 of Pentacles) could also be looked as I reaping the rewards of your mind and body struggles once reseloved ... just something to think about. I am also wondering if the 7 of swords reversed might not be that you are getting through that phase of focusing on the 2 swords you did not get and being happy for the 5 you do ... thus putting your mind in better balance (the 2 in your reading) and leading to a spiritual repose to enjoy your new found balance before forging ahead.
Just my two pearls of wisdom ~giggles~. What do you think? Also I would love to hear what you think about my spread.

Love & Light,

Kaz

I''ll first post my thing and then print out yours and get back to them.
Mine isn't so elaborate as yours are, sorry.

Bec I feel with you.....
I draw Justice reversed and thought something like what the hell now again (or still). So I picked 3 more cards to clarify.

My first thoughts about Justice reversed:
Some way of not being honest with myself, and maybe also others.
Not wanting to see things and hence blocking oppotunities to get some understanding myself and my life.
Dishonesty, no fair/honest decisions.
:-(

I wanted to know on what issue Justice reversed was more specific, so next 3 cards were:
Strenght reversed
Emperor reversed
Knight of Swords

My subconsious is telling me that I don't have the courage to face life in honesty and have faith. In general terms, Kaz you suck major right now, you have the backbone of a jelly-fish.
My consious is telling me I am acting/behaving immature and this way I am not in a position to make decisions and act upon them.
My superconsious is telling me to be brave and strong and charge them problems (fears?).

The child in me says: I can't, I don't know how, I am scared.
The parent in me says: You don't even try, you act like a little kid, what do you expect?
The adult in me says: Face up and fight your fears !

Kaz

Jewel

Kaz (18 Jan, 2002 07:14):
I''ll first post my thing and then print out yours and get back to them.
Mine isn't so elaborate as yours are, sorry.

Kaz ... no need to apologize :) At first when I drew the Tower I did a "scrunchy" face but I looked very closely at the cards around that followed it before judging what it was trying to tell me and how it related to the total spread. I did not ask a specific question, just asked for a general reading. Interesting that it came back at me with the two top priorities I have right now ... loosing weight and my spiritual development.

Kaz, what were the other cards that originally accompanied your reversed Justice card? what did you choose their positions to signify? (I simply followed Mary Greer's "body, soul, spirit" thingy in the book.) Did you use the Robin Wood?

Love & Light,