Got my new deck!

HighPriestesss

*First* "card of the day"

I shuffled and shuffled, waiting for one to leap out, but the best I got was a tiny edge sticking up, so I pulled that one...

<drum roll>

The Bright Mother

My thought was I needed to spend the day nurturing my kids. I've been spending a lot of my time recently (past month) at this website, reading tarot, reading about my faeries, shopping at metaphysical stores, etc. Does dinner get planned ahead of time?? Noooooo. Does dinner at least get put on the table? Yeah, even if it IS chicken pot pies, or kielbasa & beans! LOL

But, Jewel, I just did a search on her and read your very in-tune description of her (as a mother, we shouldn't forget our past, or hobbies we love to do or did before we had children). Having said the above, maybe I need to rid myself of the guilt!? Do you think that's what they're trying to tell me here?

faerylvr

I sing and dance with mine too... I have faerie music everywhere... on the 'puter, in the car on my mp3 player... so we always have it with us... and now that my deck is in my purse... we go everywhere together!!!! You can see us dancing and singing while driving and at home while cooking... tonight we are making my 7 year old a birthday cake... my fae began whispering to me last night about what we were going to put in it and what was going on the outside (although my kid has definate ideas too :) ).

Jewel

HighPriestesss said:
But, Jewel, I just did a search on her and read your very in-tune description of her (as a mother, we shouldn't forget our past, or hobbies we love to do or did before we had children). Having said the above, maybe I need to rid myself of the guilt!? Do you think that's what they're trying to tell me here?
High Priestess, I hope you do not mind, but I cut and pasted most of your post and put it in the Bright Mother thread and responded to you there :D

Skydancer

My least favorite was Soul Shrinker at first - but now, after he showed up a few times, I find him mostly bark and no bite. He really just wants to be loved. And doesn't know how to show it. Perhaps he was never taught. Perhaps he is too shy. Either way, he tells us not to go by appearances. It's what's inside that counts.

*S*

Jewel

Skydancer said:
My least favorite was Soul Shrinker at first - but now, after he showed up a few times, I find him mostly bark and no bite. He really just wants to be loved. And doesn't know how to show it. Perhaps he was never taught. Perhaps he is too shy. Either way, he tells us not to go by appearances. It's what's inside that counts.
Same here. I agree that he is shy, but I do find him able to show love, he just shows it in quiet ways. For example when he insisted on helping me paint my mermaid for the AT tarot project. He does it by being there and supporting. But I do agree that he was never tought, he loves based on how he is loved ... sort of like mimicking. I am very gentle with him, so he is very gentle with me. Make sense?