Pregnancy prediction spread

RedMaple

Interesting thread. I've had the Ace of Pentacles come up with the Sun and/or Empress as pregnancy indications. Most of the time, I just know the card means pregnancy -- and it's usually been in a reading when I'm not specifically asking about this issue. This was how I first learned of my grandchild wanting to make an appearance in the world. :)

On Laurea-aure's spread. I'm wondering about a spread for people who are hoping to have a child, say within the next year, and I think this spread might work for that. I was wondering about an obstacles card, but now I'm thinking the spread might show that in the particular place (woman's health, or finances, for example.)

RedMaple

RedMaple

Kris Waldherr's Beginning Tree Spread

Hi,

I just did a pregnancy prediction reading using Kris Waldherr's Beginning Tree Spread. It's posted on the Reading Exchange "Circle of Stones - RedMaple and Crontrascarpe."

The spread looks like this:

---------------------------9------------------------------
----------------6----------4---------7-------------------
------5--------------------3--------------------8--------
---------------------------2-----------------------------
---------------------------1-----------------------------

1. Root - deep issues pushing toward venture
2. Early growth - How your talents and actions will support it
3. Flowering - how others will react to it
4. Fruition - how it will change you and your life
5 & 6. Past - things to consider before beginning venture
7 & 8. Details that arise as venture develops
9. Outcome if venture proceeds as planned

I found that the position meanings changed a bit as as I did the reading - the Root, Early growth, Flowering and Fruition became much more literal in terms of the pregnancy. The past stayed the same, the 7 & 8 became more about how it would change the querent's life. And the Outcome card stayed the same.

I think this worked well, but I'll really only know next year if it's accurate. LOL

RM

Lurea

Interesting spread, RedMaple! Thanks for sharing. This could be used for lots of things; it's neat the way you adapted it to a pregnancy question.

I have a friend at work who is also thinking about having a baby, so maybe I'll get a chance to practice this spread on her. :)

RedMaple

Lurea_aure said:
Interesting spread, RedMaple! Thanks for sharing. This could be used for lots of things; it's neat the way you adapted it to a pregnancy question.

Yes, and the cards seemed to respond well to it. The trunk of the tree was three queens, (swords, pents, wands) then the Ace of Pentacles, and Juno, patron of home and hearth. (I used the Goddess deck, since it was Kris Waldherr's spread, I thought it might work well, and it did.)

Good luck with your friend's reading and let me know how the spread worked out. I think I'll be using it for a lot more questions - it is very easy to see and to story.

RM

NewWithCards

sun?

i've been told that the sun can simbolize children, or child...or baby or some sort, or birth, something like that

RedMaple

NewWithCards said:
i've been told that the sun can simbolize children, or child...or baby or some sort, or birth, something like that

Yes, the Sun is often indication of a child, or pregnancy. Also, Queen Pentacles, Page Cups, Ace Pentacles have shown up for me and others in regards to pregnancy. Some people say the 7 of Pentacles can also be a pregnancy card (the planting and waiting.)

magician

pregnancy

Hi
dependign if the question is about having a kid and if you find the empress in the sixth positon of cletic cross or a near future position ,it si possible to say that at the querent may expect a pregnancy.
good luck
magician

stella01904

MM ~ I wouldn't just read the Empress card that way all by herself, I'd look at neighboring cards to see if there was a strong grouping of fertility/pregnancy/child cards there. One could also put a clarification card or two on top. The Nine of Cups is also considered a pregnancy card. Remember that the cards are very subjective, you have to consider whether the consultant WANTS to be pregnant. If she really doesn't, the pregnancy could show up in the spread as a big fat misfortune. BB, Stella

RedMaple

stella01904 said:
MM ~ I wouldn't just read the Empress card that way all by herself, I'd look at neighboring cards to see if there was a strong grouping of fertility/pregnancy/child cards there. One could also put a clarification card or two on top. The Nine of Cups is also considered a pregnancy card. Remember that the cards are very subjective, you have to consider whether the consultant WANTS to be pregnant. If she really doesn't, the pregnancy could show up in the spread as a big fat misfortune. BB, Stella

Yes, sorry -- I didn't mean to sound didactic about the Empress. Most often, she doesn't mean pregnancy, but other kinds of fertility, perhaps. I agree there should be a group of cards, or the Empress should fall in a place in the spread that might indicate pregnancy.

Everything depends on the spread and the querent.

I shouldn't post answers when I'm tired. LOL

stella01904

MM ~ Don't apologise! I was probably the one being didactic, or maybe pontificating, "blah, blah, this is how it works" - ack! Just for giggles I hit a few books last night to see what I could find on the subject. Sasha Fenton also names the 6 and 10 of Cups as possible red flags. BB, Stella