Corrine Kenner's Christmas Tarot

iceclone

I just received my photos in the mail and they are absolutely adorable! I don't collect postcards and these are really cool for me. Now I have a little project tomorrow... I need to find a glue to stick the front and backs together.

Any suggestions for a good glue product?

cSpaceDiva

I plan to use spray adhesive.

iceclone

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm gonna look for that tomorrow.

Astraea Aurora

If you use heavy drawing cardboard instead of photographic paper you can print front and back on the same sheet and forego the glue. I used drawing cardboard that was 190g/square meter heavy and some might find that it is a bit flimsy so I'd say anything between 200g/m2 and 300 g/m2 will work.

The reason why I chose drawing cardboard instead of photographic paper: It gives the card an 'old papery feel' which I wouldn't have with photographic paper. The 'modern touch' of photographic paper doesn't match the 'old touch' I get from the cards imo.

Just my $0.02.

Astraea Aurora :grin:

Annabelle

Ooo . . . oooo . . ooooh! My prints arrived in the mail today.

Gorgeous!!!!!

I didn't order prints of the backs yet, but I think I'm going to, so that I can do the spray adhesive thing and turn it into something that feels more like a "real" deck.

So PRETTY!!! I'm very, very happy with this deck :D!

alca

Hey~!

Does anyone know what's going on with the Victorian Christmas Tarot? There has been no update for nearly four years. I have contacted Corrine about the deck, but I she never replied.

-alca

AJ

Call US Games Systems directly, they are the publishing agent.
If enough people nudge them that the holidays are coming perhaps they will get off the dime.

My guesswork? perhaps a lawsuit from a person whose husband was making a Christmas Tarot. There was quite a bit of slagging going on awhile back. (not by Kinner)

USGames has this http://www.usgamesinc.com/Christmas_Playing_Cards/
a 55 card deck that could be made into the minors to go with the print yourself majors?

Didn't they just print a wizards tarot of hers? I can't find it or her name anywhere on the site. Could be LLewellyn I suppose.

Anyway, here is the phone number, doesn't cost anything to ask for Stewart Kaplan himself, I've talked to him and I'm nobody :)
1 (800) 544-2637.

LadyDeborah

Well, isn't that weird? I forgot all about this deck since I had first heard about it back then. I can't believe it was back in 2009. Geez, time sure flies!! It's too bad it hasn't come to be.