SWEET TWILIGHT should I ????

ana luisa

For some reason, I have been drawn more and more to this deck. At first, I found it frightening but now, I realize how rich and intricate it can be. I love reading intuitively so it does not make much difference to me whether the cards follow RW standard meanings or not. However, I have a question for those of you who do own it. Does it or can it ever give positive and optimistic readings? I ask this because all characters seem to be sad and depressed even the 2 of cups which is my all time favorite for cheering up couples. I KNOW it's the Tarot of Sweet twilight (cannot expect anything different) and I'm all for saying things as they are,no sugar coating but, how do actual readings turn out with this deck? Can they be uplifting AT ALL ? I would really love to hear your comments.

Briar Rose

It's reads by telling you things you may not want to face, but it also guides you.

I like using the shadow card at the bottom of the deck. So that when you are done reading your cards, look at the last card on the deck. It sums up your reading.

ana luisa

It's reads by telling you things you may not want to face, but it also guides you.

I like using the shadow card at the bottom of the deck. So that when you are done reading your cards, look at the last card on the deck. It sums up your reading.

Nice to know they also provide guidance. But do they show positive things as well, happy news ? Say, if a couple were to make up, would there be an upbeat card to show that ? Or would the mood of the reading be always somber?

momentarylight

For some reason, I have been drawn more and more to this deck. At first, I found it frightening but now, I realize how rich and intricate it can be. I love reading intuitively so it does not make much difference to me whether the cards follow RW standard meanings or not. However, I have a question for those of you who do own it. Does it or can it ever give positive and optimistic readings? I ask this because all characters seem to be sad and depressed even the 2 of cups which is my all time favorite for cheering up couples. I KNOW it's the Tarot of Sweet twilight (cannot expect anything different) and I'm all for saying things as theytly looking through are,no sugar coating but, how do actual readings turn out with this deck? Can they be uplifting AT ALL ? I would really love to hear your comments.

I felt the same way about this deck initially. I actually didn't want to get it but something quite powerful drew me to it nonetheless.

I still have not been able to read with it because, quite frankly, it evokes such sadness and the surreal ambience unnerves me a little.

There has not been time for me yet, but maybe doing some readings with the deck would be a good way to see what happens.

Feel a little guilty because I have not searched the forum for comments on this deck but would be interested to know what others think as well as ana luisa. :)

agno3

I like the colors a lot. The figures not so much.

lilangel09

I don't know. Should you? :D

I don't have the deck, but don't confuse the deck with the reading. Dark decks do not necessarily provide dark readings. Sad decks do not necessarily produce sad readings. :)

I say if you really connect with it, go for it!

Briar Rose

Nice to know they also provide guidance. But do they show positive things as well, happy news ? Say, if a couple were to make up, would there be an upbeat card to show that ? Or would the mood of the reading be always somber?

The deck would show you a way to keep the upbeat going. But it does have that saddness about it.

But if you are looking for a deck for a deck that would help with what's upbeat for a couple-Victorian Romantic or the Pagan (Gina Pace) <- what to watch out for in the relationship. I tend to think that decks teach, so they are not a pat on the back. Although if you are really looking for a VERY POSITIVE deck then Aminal Wisdom. I didn't know how to read with the cards by looking at them until I WROTE the spread out. The swords are feathers and are VERY positive in looking at the dilemma. It is a VERY TEACHING and VERY POSITIVE deck. She really pulled it off. I am thankful it comes with the book and you'll need it to read with the cards. it's easy after awhile.

Serenia

Although the Sweet Twilight has this melancholy about it, I also got positive and uplifting readings from it. About a year ago I was trying to decide whether or not to get the deck. I loved the colours but wasn't sure whether I'd be able to read with it. I finally decided to get the deck and I'm so happy that I did!

If you feel drawn to the deck, I'd say, get it! :)

kalliope

If you're drawn to it, I say give it a try. Although there is definitely a somber or melancholy tone, the "sweetness" of the title really does shine through if you're able to click with the vibe of the deck.

I actually find the 2 of Chalices to be calm and sweet -- they're quietly hanging out together, sharing wine, and watching the marvel of the flowers (almost looking like dragonflies) floating up out of their hands.

The 4 of Wands can be seen as a place of comfort for the couple. The 3 of Chalices is sweet, as is the 6 of Chalices. Even the Tower has a girl and teddy bear sitting together in a tree, watching the spectacle.

The deck isn't going to be overly joyous, won't show big grins, or be uplifting in a super-obvious way, but it doesn't mean that it's depressing, either. It can be quietly comforting, sweetly content. I think you won't really know how you respond to it until you read with it a few times.

ana luisa

Thank you all for the great insight ! i think it is a general feel that this deck is a unique one. It has a bittersweet vibe but digs deep. I was all into fumbling the depths :) Then, my life took a horrible turn and I found myself afraid to deal with decks that like to bring you tower style news. Having said that, I guess you all convinced me to get it. It reminds me a lot (God knows why) of a very old deck called Dream cards by LS .
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/dream/
I know the colors are very different but the psychedelic vibe is also there...

I will try and see if anyone has done a reading with it here on AT. Perhaps in the Reading exchange thread. :) Thank you again !! :thumbsup: