Tyldwick Tarot

Juliana

Well, I ordered my deck on the 8th and it came in the mail yesterday. Just so you have an idea. =D

Ooh! Only 3 shipping days! That is pretty quick. Thanks. :)

rachelcat

Oh, gee. Mine was shipped on August 2 and I don't have it yet. Should I be worried?

Altena

I wouldn't be too worried just yet. Neil is based in the UK, right? Mine shipped on August 6th and arrived on the 12th. That's six days(four minus the weekend) and I live just across the channel.

Shipping from Europe to the US normally takes about a week to 10 days, but it can also take two weeks(or even longer if it's held up in customs somewhere). I had three Lenormands shipped my way from the US. Same seller, two separate parcels and they shipped out on the same day. The first arrived almost a week ago, the second one today.

I'd wait at least another week or so before I'd start wondering if something might be up :)

rachelcat

Thanks for the reassurance! I guess I'm just eager! (And I'm anxious for it to avoid sitting on my doorstep in one of the daily thunderstorm deluges we've been having around here!)

Ok, no nail biting! (Thanks again!)

Juliana

I received an email today that mine will ship out in a couple days. I know it will be worth the wait.

Ziev

I feel like I have stepped through the wardrobe and entered a world just for me! These are absolutely amazing cards. I love that I can go and explore the grounds and the rooms and take in every detail without the clatter of people vying for attention within. I feel like these cards were made just for me. They read very well. :D This deck is definitely one of my top decks. I can see myself wearing these out that I might have to get another one just in case. lol. Thank you Neil.

EDIT: I'm not sure if any of you are into numerology but my deck number boils down to one. To me it means the beginning of a remarkable relationship for me and these cards. YAY!

Tibor

Mine arrived yesterday. I got deck number 52 (I requested a number that adds up to 7)

Positives:
-I love the letter that came with the deck that told you about the certificate with your name and deck number. I also think that the postcards are lovely.

-I love this card stock and the gold gilding is very nice.

-The images are very atmospheric and beautiful. Each one of them is a work of art itself.

-I think this will be an excellent deck for self-readings.

Negatives (I am sorry but I do have some):
-Although I am sure it was not cheap to print this deck but I think for this price (£50) it could have come in a sturdier box ( I am sure this may be down to the fact that it was not printed in China but rather in Europe).

-I sometimes find it hard to make out certain details on the images and I find this a bit frustrating if I think about it. (for example in The Lovers there is a woman statue in the background (on the right) but what is the other statue on her left (is it a horse? a man? another woman?). This makes it hard for me to fully comprehend some of the elements that make up an image (although I can still admire the images on their own).

-I just can not connect with some of the cards as I do not (yet) see any Tarot connection with the image (for example: 10 of Swords).

-This brings me to the next point: The lack of LWB. I know that a lot of people will not mind not getting any LWB with their decks (and I did not think I would need a LWB when I ordered it) but I would have liked to know a bit more about the history of the deck, where the idea came from etc (It may be on his website but it would have been nice to have some background info included with the cards) Also a very brief description of what is on each card would have helped me to fully appreciate each image on the cards. A PDF file or at least a fold out sheet (like the one that was included with the Wild Unknown Tarot) would have sufficed.

Well that is it really. I know I may have had a bit more comments on the negative side, however I still like the deck and can appreciate it as an art deck or a deck that is very beautiful, however I am not sure if I can see this deck as a very practical reading deck (maybe in the future after I spent a bit more time with it ;)

rachelcat

Got it in the mail yesterday (probably about the same time I was worrying!)

It is beautiful. I have similar negatives: Box could be better. Things are kind of hard to see (at least for the over-50 set!). I'm going to have to haul out the magnifier for this one.

I'm looking forward to a serious reading test-drive over the weekend!

PathWalker

Ten of Swords

I see:
a letter on the side table, a cut-throat razor, blood splatter on the wall. And a black paperweight or figurine of some kind? A hunched up death figure even?

I do agree about a LWB or sheet. There is information on the website, but it would be so nice to have something with the deck.

DaisyDragonfly

I see:
a letter on the side table, a cut-throat razor, blood splatter on the wall. And a black paperweight or figurine of some kind? A hunched up death figure even?

I do agree about a LWB or sheet. There is information on the website, but it would be so nice to have something with the deck.

Yes. The cut-throat razor and the blood smear - folding into the 10 of swords - makes a chilling combination, I think. I see a figurine too, and I can see it (and its significance) changing depending on the context of the reading. To me, it looks like somebody kneeling. They could be either victim or perpetrator, I think.

As to a LWB: to be honest, I'm not missing it with this deck and I'm usually someone who likes to have one to check. On a purely personal level, I think it's forcing me to trust my own judgement when I read the card: making me walk with the tightrope without a safety net! I appreciate that's an extremely personal response, though, and not much good for anybody else! :D

I need to get the certificate that says your deck number: I have deck number one, which I think is very cool indeed :party: I'll have to check out the facebook page, see what I have to do...