TaRota vs Tarot de Paris

deb13b

I recently bought a tarot de Paris from someone on Facebook. It's the massive sized connections print. No book or lwb. Even though it's not my usual type of deck I'm intrigued by it. And yesterday I realised that there is now a smaller, better printing in the form of TaRota Paris. Could any of you who have both copies show me some side by side comparison pictures? I'm also not too sure about this new style reading idea. It would cost me about £40 to get the new version shipped here. I'm not made of money so I'd like to see if it's worth it before I save my pennies!

Ica'rus

I recently bought a tarot de Paris from someone on Facebook. It's the massive sized connections print. No book or lwb. Even though it's not my usual type of deck I'm intrigued by it. And yesterday I realised that there is now a smaller, better printing in the form of TaRota Paris. Could any of you who have both copies show me some side by side comparison pictures? I'm also not too sure about this new style reading idea. It would cost me about £40 to get the new version shipped here. I'm not made of money so I'd like to see if it's worth it before I save my pennies!

I only have the Tarota so I could not give you a side-by-side, some others might be able to but I can tell you anything specific about the cards if you want to know. You could compare differences that way.

I can say that the quality of the Tarota is fantastic, one of the best I've put my hands on. The card quality is great, easy to shuffle, not flimsy or thin. The booklet is large, with lots of info including a lot of detail on how to read using the Tarota system (the Arcana Wheel/figure 8), and the case for the whole thing is probably the best I've ever seen. Big, thick, padded, high quality material.

karen0205

I can, I will scan them in a bit.

MoonGypsy

There was also a 2nd edition of Tarot of Paris published [in Japan, i think?] by Inspira.
That is a high quality printing, IMHO...
i have that one, i had the first edition at one time, but i find the 2nd edition much nicer/sharper.
Although, the first edition came with a companion book and scarf.

i don't have TaRota...
ETA:[which As Rodney correctly points out in the next post] would technically be considered
the 3rd edition.

rwcarter

I believe there were actually 3 editions of the Tarot de Paris, so the TaRota could be considered the 4th edition.

Rodney

ETA: I meant 4th edition. :|

gregory

It's the size that interests me - I have the first and second editions. (well, connections and an Inspira one)

deb13b

They're massive cards, and I'm rubbish at shuffling lol! I'm also keen to read the book too. And the clearer pictures sound good.

gregory

My cards are large, yes - is the Tarota smaller ?