The Antique Lenormand

tarot heart

Love the Ring, seems perfect.

As for the bear, he's very nicely done, although I would have preferred an upright bear myself. It's very well done, Bee. :)

Moonbow

I have some catching up to do but I love the Ring. Great card.

Bernice

Polyhymnia:
There is something amiss with The Ring, IMHO. Perhaps it is the ring itself, have you thought about using an older setting? To me this is a little glitzy, modern.

The ring that Napoleon gave to Josephine is described as "an oval solitaire diamond surrounded by smaller diamonds in a lightly blackened setting... (to further accentuate the diamonds)". And that did look too glitzy for this card, so I gave the ring just one round diamond. However, here's an alternate with a smaller diamond in a plainer setting. Shame really, I would have preferred the historical one for this deck....

Tarot heart:
Love the Ring, seems perfect.

As for the bear, he's very nicely done, although I would have preferred an upright bear myself. It's very well done, Bee

Thank you TH :)

Re the Bear: The older decks seem to have the bear ambling on all fours. Apparently they're more dangerous that way, less threatening if they're standing up (Although I think I'd feel more threatened if it were standing). Not sure how Mm Lenormand visualised it, so after some dithering I made the Bear in a sort of half-way position where he might suddenly rear upright, or lurch forward and rush on all fours down the slope. Has the standing bear now become more popular?

Hi Moonbow, good you're still around :)

Many thanks for your feedback, other eyes see the bits that mine don't.

Here's the Stork.

Bee.

Attachments

• Ring_Alt.jpg
    Ring_Alt.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 120
  • Stork.jpg
    Stork.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 114

Moonbow

Hi Bee, yeah still around just been busy doing stuff lately, and chasing my tail a bit.

I prefer the first ring but maybe try the setting a little smaller so that its not so out of focus?

Love the stalk in its meaning of changes afoot especially in the home, great idea.

Bernice

Stork (17)

Hi Moonbow,

I'll have another look at the Ring :)

Meantime, I wasn't happy with the Stork. Finally it dawned on me - the vane directions should be in French, not English, also the Stork should be looking South (migration to Africa).

Not sure whether the card was originally Storks (plural) or just one Storks... so here's two more Stork cards.

Bee

Attachments

• STORK.jpg
    STORK.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Storks.jpg
    Storks.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 108

garmonbozia

I don't love the ring card like I do most of the other cards in the deck so far, but the first ring card is much better than the second one.

garmonbozia

I think I prefer the single stork, but I've flipped back and forth between the two so many times, maybe I can no longer tell....

Bernice

I think I prefer the single stork, but I've flipped back and forth between the two so many times, maybe I can no longer tell....
Now you have the same dilemma that I have :). On balance, I suspect that the first (single stork with the french vane directions) is probably the better one for this deck. (?)

Moonbow,

I've gone back to the ring described as the one Napoleon gave to Josephine. This time I've managed to make it less gaudy/glitzy than my first attempt.

"..a solitaire surrounded by smaller diamonds in a lightly blackened setting...".

I prefer this ring because although they both had affairs whilst married and eventually divorced (no heirs), Napoleon considered her the love of his life and nothing, not even his second marraige, severed that bond. He even insisted that she kept the title of Empress after the divorce, and further ensured that all her needs and wishes were always met. A bond that he honoured up until his death.

Bee

Attachments

• 25_RING.jpg
    25_RING.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 107

garmonbozia

Now you have the same dilemma that I have :). On balance, I suspect that the first (single stork with the french vane directions) is probably the better one for this deck. (?)

I agree.
The flipping back and forth was rather like being at the optometrist
(Number 1? or Number 2?) when you reach the point when you can't tell the difference anymore.

Moonbow

Oh yes, much nicer ring now, it fits the description and isn't so modern as the second ring.

And, I'm afraid I like both Stalks so I'm not much help with that card.