The Antique Lenormand

Moonbow

I'm so glad you have picked up this project again Bee. These cards are so elegant and the deck deserves to be done.

Bernice

'lo Moonbow,

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm still not happy with the Rider..... I've now got three Riders, don't like any of them. Fourth one underway. :)

Bee

Bernice

THIS one is the Rider. Finally....... (shadowed)

Bee

Attachments

• Rider-softer.jpg
    Rider-softer.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 113

Bernice

The Snake

Here's the Snake.

Bee

Attachments

• snake.jpg
    snake.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 117

garmonbozia

Please promise to publish this deck! It's fantastic.

garmonbozia

Still tinkering with this deck. I've fiddled with Tree, given it more realistic grass/ground. And changed the Heart card. Still not sure about the Rider.
Bee.

I just looked back through all your previous posts, and I think I prefer the first heart card.

I also like the textured look you tried out, but can see how it would not appeal to all. Maybe there is a card stock you could use that would provide a similar effect. Or is it possible to lessen the degree of texture?

garmonbozia

THIS one is the Rider. Finally.......
Bee

It may be just the way that the card looks on my computer monitor, but the two images (man and horse) do not look very integrated on the card. They look too "photo-shoppy" to me. There's a perspective or shadowing issue that makes it look like the man was cut out of a magazine and pasted onto a card of a horse. I can't think of a better way to describe it.

Bernice

garmonbozia:-
It may be just the way that the card looks on my computer monitor, but the two images (man and horse) do not look very integrated on the card. They look too "photo-shoppy" to me. There's a perspective or shadowing issue that makes it look like the man was cut out of a magazine and pasted onto a card of a horse. I can't think of a better way to describe it.

You're right Garmonbozia! (But not about PhotoShop - don't have it). I fiddled with the Rider so much that in the end I just put him together separately and plonked him into my background. Had to fiddle with that too. Got fed-up with going over & over it. .

I've 'shadowed' the image...... hoping that I will Really Finally have done with him :).

Texture: I tried to to get a finer texture but no-can-do - so as you say, maybe the cardstock could be very finely grained (or something). I also preferred the original Heart card, but the colour was wrong (in my eyes...). I think this new one is too sugary, but it will have to stay on the back burner for a bit as I'm working on another card. Many thanks for your feedback!

Bee x

Tag_jorrit

You are going to omit the playing card associations?