Ancient Lenormand

BeyondtheVeil

lolz let's think how to make it better! :))

You are the creator.. I know that you will make it perfect!! :thumbsup: You already have some amazing decks!

yeah!:) TheGameCrafter is my fav POD=Print on Demand service, they make/print and sell and ship all sort of games and decks for selfpublished hobby artist like me!:)) and you can find some great decks there, same as etsy just type Lenormand or Tarot or Oracle in search bar!:) here is link https://www.thegamecrafter.com/

:) we have something similar to etsy on local level but not nearly interesting!:))
still like to have place to showcase!^^ and pick great ideas!^^ lolz ;))

oh! I got most of my bags from ebay!:)) also Gamecrafter got those recently
https://www.thegamecrafter.com/parts/parts-bag-small-red
also this clear tuckboxs looks interesting https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.thegamecrafter.com/5c993876f34bbe6328a64b17370ffb6959f1db67

but fact is anything works!:) I know some people use socks or sleeve to make beautiful bags!^^ lolz :))

Thank you for the links! I like the bags from ebay! Those other plastic thingys are hard to get the deck out constantly so I don't know if I would like it. I like the cloth ones the best. It looks like those bags are a great deal! :)

Wow! Gamecrafter sounds like the perfect find! I'm happy for you! :heart:

Thanks for sharing what it was with me. lol It sounds like it can really help you guys out with printing and shipping the decks.

Brightest Blessings,
BeyondtheVeil

reall

You are the creator.. I know that you will make it perfect!! :thumbsup: You already have some amazing decks!
:D :))))))))))))))))))))

Thank you for the links! I like the bags from ebay! Those other plastic thingys are hard to get the deck out constantly so I don't know if I would like it. I like the cloth ones the best. It looks like those bags are a great deal! :)

Wow! Gamecrafter sounds like the perfect find! I'm happy for you! :heart:

Thanks for sharing what it was with me. lol It sounds like it can really help you guys out with printing and shipping the decks.

Brightest Blessings,
BeyondtheVeil

np!^^ we're all here to share GREAT IDEAS&links!xD :))))
ebay n gamecrafter make a big difference!^^ lolz :))

BeyondtheVeil

:D :))))))))))))))))))))
np!^^ we're all here to share GREAT IDEAS&links!xD :))))
ebay n gamecrafter make a big difference!^^ lolz :))

Yes we are! We are also going to support our fellow AT members and friends! I appreciate your talented efforts to bringing choices and beauty to Lenormand and to us!

Hugs! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

reall

Yes we are! We are also going to support our fellow AT members and friends! I appreciate your talented efforts to bringing choices and beauty to Lenormand and to us!

Hugs! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

awww Hugs back!:)

greatdane

Just my thoughts on the Ancient Lenormand

First, well done, Reall.

My positive comments are:

LIKE THE SIZE - I prefer smaller cards as opposed to larger. Easier to shuffle and handle

CARDSTOCK - again very nice and love the "aged" sepia tone

SIMPLE SYMBOLS - I like you look at the image, you know what it is instantly

Things I would have preferred a bit differently, if you ever do a second edition (which i would BUY!) -

Some images take up most of the card, others are a bit small and don't pop quite as much, so all images taking up more of the card.

Contrast - some outlines are really dark, some aren't. Some are big, some are small.

And the only other thing, is most seem kind of vintage, yet one like the Mountain is very dark and an abstract Mountain. It would be cool if all were either more vintage looking drawings. THESE are minor things, OVERALL really like the style, simplicity and cardstock, but SHOULD you do another edition....just some things I hope you consider.

WELL DONE OVERALL, REALL! And these were just my thoughts, we all have preferences. It is a great deck.

reall

THANK YOU!^^:))))

YeY! SUPER HAPPY TO GET MY 1st Official review on Ancient Lenormand!:)) LOLZ
BIG THANK YOU GREADANE!:D :)))))))))

and hearing you're ok with TGCcard stock!:D means a lot from a pro and solve big dilemma of every selfpublished Lenormand/Tarot author considering GameCrafter!:D (personally I prefer it over China POD who recently raised their stock price to ridiculous without any explanation or change in quality or production process?!x,x facepalm :) n we all agree Bridge is best size for Lenormand so no doubt about that!^^ lolz :))

He he! I try my best to make it simple n got that vintage tone! so happy to hear it works how it's meant to be!XD lolz :))

oh! thank you for noting that! I'll definitely keep in mind to make 2nd edition design larger and similar size?!:) (this one started with idea of *iconic images that will left enough place and have enough space to not feel cramped? like for numbers, text, playing card insert and those didn't even make it in final design!:)) lolz facepalm :)

oh! I know what you mean! for some img couldn't find best *historic reference so opted for simplified iconic version, also wasn't sure about what would be best lineart size n opt for art rule; thick for heavy big objects and thin for smaller lighter/same as meaning!x,x to make it look more interesting lolz and had this idea to try sticking to proportions when possible?x,x making i.e bouquet small! lolz will try to fix that next time so if you have any card you consider best example of what others (in 2nd edition!XD) should be more like feel free to point at! lolz:))

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT AND SHARING IT HERE!:D (it all goes to my *working notebook for future use!^^ lolz :))

p.s will credit you as art director for 2nd edition!XD hopefully we won't wait long! lolz :)))

reall

just to report 2nd edition of Ancient Lenormand is on my working schedule and expect to be available before this summer is over!:) lol

until then 1st edition is available via Thegamecrafter and drivethrucards!:)

also to note drivethrucards get new embossed card stock I've already updated all my cards stock there so be sure to post us how you like it in case anyone got to test it?:)

here is tech info;Embossed Stock: 10.7-pt. (272 micrometers) thickness, 310 gsm, black core, Vega Gloss Loba Dry card stock from French paper manufacturer Arjo-Wiggins.

p.s if you type tarot in dtc search bar it gives you some interesting results!:)
but lenormand search say http://www.printerstudio.com/sell/my-lucky-card
i'm still only lenormand creator there!:) lol hope that change soon!:)

till next!
Ciao!

greatdane

LOOKING FORWARD to the second ed, REALL!

Very excited and may all go fast and well :)

reall

yeah! that's the plan! lol :)

reall

2nd edt of Ancient Lenormand is officialy out!:)

just to say 2nd edt of Ancient Lenormand with improved card design and 30% larger images
is officialy published today!:)

all info & img on my official web page!:) https://sites.google.com/site/chakralenormand/home/ancient-lenormand

mugs & shirts/bandana spread cloths may be added later on zazzle n other pod!:)
https://www.zazzle.com/artreall/products

special thanks goes to Lenormand forum community for all input & great ideas!:)

will keep posting updates on my web n new forum;
http://cartomancy.forumotion.com/t3843-ancient-lenormand-2nd-edt#35888