Your own Faerie music suggestions

HeyElan

I listened to the Fairie Oracle CD and it wasn't quite my cup of tea, so I made a MP3 playlist of music I've downloaded - my fairies are little raversprites apparently. They like techno and industrial and all those other kinds of electronic dance music as much as I do - and don't mind a sprinkle of punk, goth, and metal in there too.

What music, aside from the "Fairie Oracle CD" do you play when you're playing with your fairies and reading them?

Mine like:

Orbital
Utah Saints
Siouxie and the Banshees
Soul Coughing
The Crystal Method
DJ John Kelly
AK1200
DJ Keoki
DeeeLite

among others. :)

Musie

Anything that opens my heart and pinches my soul ... that would be Celtic music for me! Particularly pennywhistle :)

wavebreaker

I listen to a lot of different kinds of music, but the music from my collection that I think they will like best is Capercaillie and Clannad.

Ophiel

Favorite Faery song? Have to go with "Faeries Wear Boots" by Black Sabbath! ;)

Jewel

I listen primarily to New Age style music. My faeries seem to be drawn to pianos and harps, as well as haunting vocals. Some Faery specific CDs I listen to are:

- Fairy Nightsongs by Gary Stadler and Singh Kaur
- Fairy Heart Magic by GAry Stadler with Stephanie
- Fairy of the Woods by Gary Stadler
- Aquaria a Liquid Transcendance
- Faeries a Musical Companion to the Art of Brian Froud

and I just ordered Into the Twilight by Woodland.

Kitaro, Enya, and Ronan Hardiman also work really well for me.

Khatruman

Jewel said:
Kitaro, Enya, and Ronan Hardiman also work really well for me.
Have you ever listened to Dead Can Dance? Though they tend more towards Medieval new age, I think they might be pleasing to the Faeries... on that line, how about Enigma?

Peace!

I may burn myself a CD of music for the faeries, looking through these suggestions. I think I can piece together some Enya, Clannad, Dead Can Dance, Enigma, and a few other surprises, which may delight them.

Kyrielle

Cirque du Soleil.

-- Kyrielle

HeyElan

Dead Can Dance rock my socks. I didn't think to download any. D'oh!

firemaiden

The Garden of Fand

Nothing sounds like Fairies more than Sir Arnold Bax's tone poem, the Garden of Fand. There is also a really nice musical orgasm to be had there....

Khatruman

Re: The Garden of Fand

firemaiden said:
Nothing sounds like Fairies more than Sir Arnold Bax's tone poem, the Garden of Fand. There is also a really nice musical orgasm to be had there....
*jumps up and grabs my headphones* Ok, looks like I am on a musical journey...;)

Thanks.. })