Gay-Friendly Tarot Decks

Lucifer_Sponge

Other than the Tarot of the Cosmic Tribe, I personally haven't seen or heard about any tarot decks that provide alternative Lovers cards for non-heterosexual people or otherwise prestent some sort of non-traditional symbolism that can suit the needs of people of all sexual orientations.

Does anyone else know of any decks like that?

~Sponge

faunabay

That's the only one I've heard of so far. Maybe someone else has another suggestion, but the Cosmic Tribe is the only one I know. And by the way - I love that deck!!!! :)

kayne

I have done a few searches before and have come up with zilch Lucifer_Sponge. The Cosmic Tribe is brilliant if you like that though... I just got the World Spirit and the Lovers in that look really quite androgenous... perhaps that is close?
Not the same I know...

Ophiel

A local bookstore has a deck in their case called the Dyke Deck. It is a store that caters to artists and free thinkers, so perhaps it is a feminist deck.

Lee

The Tarot of Light and Shadow by Michael Goeptford, although it has a heterosexual Lovers card, does have a lot of imagery where couples are androgenous.

There are other decks which, although they seem heterosexual in their overall approach, do seem to suggest a gay male sensibility in the art. One of these is the Art Nouveau Tarot by Matt Myers.

The Daughters of the Moon deck has two Lovers cards, I believe, one heterosexual and one showing two women.

On the Osho Zen Lovers card, the couple is angrogenous, as is the couple on the Shining Tribe Lovers card.

The Buckland Romani Tarot, while being completely heterosexual in orientation, contains many images of handsome young men stripped to the waist, while all of the women are fully dressed.

-- Lee

Jewel

Another deck that seems quite androgynous to me is the Londa Tarot. I really like the deck. The Cosmic Tribe is a great deck, I have not had a deck speak to me like that one does!

Zhritza

The Tarot Art Nouveau (not the Meyers one, the Castelli) has quite a few cards with women who look like couples on them. The Lovers and 2 of Cups are heterosexual, but all other pairings except the Kings and their consorts are female. It is the closest thing I have seen to a lesbian deck.

Andryh

Check out the Navigator's Tarot of the Mystic SEA deck. A strange but appealing deck featuring androgynous and brightly colored people (think blue, green and stripes). It may not be your style...It is very esoteric, and influenced largely by the Thoth deck. Worth checking out.

truthsayer

you might want to check out the wheel of change deck by alexandra genetti. in particular, the lovers card appears androgynous and the sun card features 2 boy babies. this deck is also the most cultural and racially balanced deck i've ever seen. it's pagan. the thing some ppl might not like is that even tho the deck uses traditional names, the court cards don't use kings, the major arcana are un-numbered and the pip cards don't have one specific symbol to represent each suit. they are clearly marked what card it is tho.

Silence Dogood

Tavaglione (sp?) was hot for both the female and male form; his decks are very sensual, and the Tarot of the Stars seems to have a lot of naked men in it. Does an abundance of male nudity necessarily mean a deck is gay-friendly?